CAGcast #100: Space Bitches

more shit stories, yay Cheapy, thanks, rofl

do a special show for episode 150 to make up for this unspectacular special ;)

btw Wombat, good luck with the move and the car situation. those sneaky bastards. and you already told us the dish story, lol...

Nice show guys. The Mass Effect segment was easily my favorite part.

Hey Cheapy,

EA calls their college basketball game "March Madness" because it is directly associated with college basketball. So even though it's December, releasing a game called "March Madness" is still appropriate, just like releasing a baseball game called "World Series Baseball" in April even though the World Series isn't unti October.

[quote name='CheapyD']Weird. Did you still hear me giving the navy ad at the start of the show?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that was there, but the Arbiter ads were not. (And yes, I'm in the United States.)

[quote name='liquidcross']Yeah, that was there, but the Arbiter ads were not. (And yes, I'm in the United States.)[/quote]

same here, i d/led the show last night and Cheapy announced the Navy thing but no Arbiter. much better, imo

Another good show. Wombat, good luck with the move. It will be hell for the first month, but once you get everything sorted out and unpacked it will be all good!

EDIT: No arbiter for me either.

EDIT2: I really like the idea of doing a live wrap-up/aftershow to complement the CAGcast!

The Sim exchange won't add me to the CAG league? I entered my CAG name on the right spot but still nothing. I've been registered for over a week.

[quote name='CheapyD']Weird. Did you still hear me giving the navy ad at the start of the show?[/quote]

My download (Thursday Morning) had all the Navy spots.

As for the Gerstmann story: maybe blogs stopped writing about it because the story had become old. It was a "top story" for over a week. For a story with very little information and zero chance of ever really knowing what happened, that seems like a really long time.

I think it's too late now to wish you good luck with your move, Wombat. So hopefully it went well. I just moved from an apartment to a much larger home and have come to realize that the move really isn't done until all the rooms are furnished. I still have quite a while to go... hopefully yours moves along more quickly.

CheapyD, Wombat, UGO! Thanks so much for the contest last week! I'm about to PM you my address, Wombat! I was driving to visit my girlfriend while listening to the CAGcast (it's about a 2 hour drive, so the CAGcast is perfect length every time) and when it came to the contest announcements and I didn't win the WWE game (I'm not sure I even entered), I went, "awww, well I could still win a PS2, HA!" and then amazingly enough, Wombat annoucned me as a winner! I threw both my arms up in the air and then checked back to reality and realized I was driving 80 MPH in interstate traffic, so I grabbed the wheel and continued on.

What a sweet prize. And I'm so excited too! I'm abou to go on Goozex and request a bunch of PS2 gems (first stop, Gran Turismo 4 for only 100 points!). Again, thanks so much to you two and UGO for the prize. And Wombat, keep up the good work with the Gamesblog! I love reading it, seriously.

Oh, and my two cents on the weekly wrap up show - sounds great. But make sure you do post it on the RSS feed. That way we can all get it right away, and those that don't want it can cancel it on their own.

Congrats on you 100th show. Im a CAG from the UK and this is buy far the best podcast out there keep up the good work guys and you wrap up show idea sounds interesting

Wombat, you gotta put a size 10 in someone's ass down at the Mazda dealership. They should at least give you a few free oil changes for trying to hoodwink you!

Cheapy, can you post a pic of that new-fangled plunger that you had to buy?

On the Gerstmann story I have to say that Cheapy D's comments were completely out of line. The reason why blogs don't speak about the story anymore is that it's gotten old and we've gotten all the information that we can at this time. So Gamespot says that they didn’t fire Gerstmann for the review specifically but even the Gamespot podcast says he was fired for his tone. Gamespots website only says it’s sorry about how it happened….do they say anything about why it happened….NO. So pretty much you believe everything they say based on Cnet Networks word instead of Joystiq’s inside sources that verify this. Well if we’re going to be agreeing with huge conglomerates then I will agree with Circuit City that you have the information about speedy and that you lost them millions. Why do would I think that? Well circuit city says and since you’re not saying everything then I can’t believe you….oh wait didn’t a lawyer advise you to not speak about the current allegations…..hmmmm Everyone at Gamespot and Gerstmann say the same thing. Well if Gerstmann were preparing to file a wrongful termination lawsuit, then I guess a lawyer might tell him the same thing. I don’t want to rile anything up but I was just surprised how quickly Cheap D lost sympathy for this man. Getting fired from a company you love and created is hard. I don’t expect this to be spoken of in the next podcast or in the future because this is an old story and people don’t want to hear about it anymore.

Cheapy, Wombat, congrats on 100 shows. I feel for Wombat, I've been in my new house about six weeks now and just getting settled. Hey Wombat, if you're done with that AVP PSP game, I'll take it off your hands. :)

[quote name='swerv']I don't like the live shows because they don't seem to flow or work as well as the normal recorded shows.

If you want some fake live stuff how about just do a CAGBAG seperate show, but instead of taking questions from the thread, get people to phone in and leave their question on voicemail.

That way you can pick the decent questions and the people who can actually string a few words together and make sense at the same time.[/QUOTE]

I like swerv's idea much better. On the live shows, most of the callers have sounded like mental patients.

I agree with just having people record a voice mail and then just pick them instead ahead of time. I am truly disappointed each time by the lack of intelligence [edit: some of] the listeners have.

better thor? :p

[quote name='TripMasterMunky']I agree with just having people record a voice mail and pick then ahead of time. I am truly dissapointed each time by the lack of intellgence the listeners have.[/QUOTE]

Then call in.

*sigh* So, I'm gonna have to be the asshole here? Okay. The 100th show sucked ass. Let me explain. The show itself was decent, but the fact that the ball was dropped on the 100th show really is shitty. I understand Cheapy's parents were in town, but the fact is in cagcast 50, the show wasn't the big spectacular it was supposed to be and in cagcast 50 you said the 100th episode would be great. In cagcast 90 a cagbag question asked about the 100th episode and you hyped it like it was going to be a superb show three hours long of clips, interviews etc. At the very least you could've done the theme song contest prize like you said would be in the 100th episode. I know you said you got a lot of last minute entries, but really, how long could they have been and how many of them could you have gotten. All and all the show itself wasn't bad. It just wasn't great, so I feel let down. But I guess I got what I paid for. :D

Anyway, congrats on 100. Before you know it, it will be 200.

On the whole live show thing, since Wombat said the part he liked was the chat room why not just run a chatroom when you record. I have seen this implimented on other podcasts although not knowing the innerworkings of podcasting I have no idea how it works, but it would be fun. Anyhoo grats on making 100 shows. Keep up the good work.

[quote name='Walt Jay']Nice show guys. The Mass Effect segment was easily my favorite part.

Hey Cheapy,

EA calls their college basketball game "March Madness" because it is directly associated with college basketball. So even though it's December, releasing a game called "March Madness" is still appropriate, just like releasing a baseball game called "World Series Baseball" in April even though the World Series isn't unti October.[/quote]

In case CheapyD wonders how March is direcly associated with it, it is because that is when the NCAA Tournament occurs...I think.

Good show this week, but I kind of expected more considering you guys hyped up this episode with the promise of doing something special.

Did I hear Cheapy correct when he asked why March Madness was coming out now, during the college basketball season, and not in March, when it's nealry over?

I'm also disappointed that this week's show is just a clip show instead of maybe having a guest host for the week (say Shipwreck?) to fill in for Wombat. Will there be any narration between clips or is it just a series of clips? Even the Simpsons would throw in some new stuff for clip shows. Back to the guest host thing, I listen to plenty of other podcasts and none of them grind to a halt when one of the main hosts is not around, they find a guest host and continue on while maybe trying something new. I guess Cheapy's just playing it safe instead of stepping it up!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Good show this week, but I kind of expected more considering you guys hyped up this episode with the promise of doing something special.

Did I hear Cheapy correct when he asked why March Madness was coming out now, during the college basketball season, and not in March, when it's nealry over?

I'm also disappointed that this week's show is just a clip show instead of maybe having a guest host for the week (say Shipwreck?) to fill in for Wombat. Will there be any narration between clips or is it just a series of clips? Even the Simpsons would throw in some new stuff for clip shows. Back to the guest host thing, I listen to plenty of other podcasts and none of them grind to a halt when one of the main hosts is not around, they find a guest host and continue on while maybe trying something new. I guess Cheapy's just playing it safe instead of stepping it up![/quote]
I suggested the same thing earlier in the thread but I guess cheapy is going the other route and just playing old clips.

I think I will just host the show myself and play the clips.
Yes, there will be narration between clips.

1 - Happy 100th CheapyD & Wombat, here's to many more

2 - I vote yes on Cheapy's idea to do live follow up shows after the recorded one as it would definitely streamline the show

3 - Space Bitches, brilliant!

Congrats on the 100th episode, guys. You guys have kept my ass from going crazy on the midnight shift with your podcast, and this episode even inspired me to do a comic on your "Space Bitches":

20071224.jpg

Thanks again for the entertainment guys. Keep up the good work. :D

bread's done
Back