CAGcast #117: Gaybots are Hitting on Me

Cheapy and Wombat aren't full time game journalists. If they make comments that you feel are wrong or inaccurate, you can simply correct them and Cheapy will usually mention it on the next show. There's no need to go nuts over it, imo. Even guys from 1up and Gamespot make mistakes on their podcasts as well but people correct them all the time.

Wombat's right about Steven Spielberg's part in the creation of Boom Blox. Why the fuck would you slap a famous action director's name on a puzzle game when you could of just slapped his name onto an action game that needed a little more PR. That fact alone makes me sure Steven worked on the game at least a little bit.

GTAIV Online does work for the PS3. Some people are having problems but it is not broken like CheapyD suggests.

The Better or Worst argument that Wombat made reinforces the suggestion of a ratings system based on value.

MGO is a BETA that is why it was not on PSN it was done outside of PSN. MGO is region seperate. I play games Resistance online with Japanese players are Europeans all the time.PSN is not region specific.

Singstar is awesome and my friends love it. I will buy PS3 version because of the variety of music.

I think expecting new video game prices to decrease is severe wishful thinking on your part. To compare them to DVD's is pretty foolish to me. A new DVD release costs, on average, around $15. Now, for a 2 hour movie, presume I watch it 3 times total, plus another couple hours of extra content. That's around 8 hours compared to most games that are probably around 30 hours in length. Not to mention that a few generation's ago games were actually more expensive. I remember paying at least $70 for N64 games. I realize that CD's and DVD's have decreased that cost compared to cartridges, but the additional costs of development probably more than make up those savings. If a game like Sega's Tennis came out at $20 it would have to sell 3 times as many copies just to earn the same amount; does that really seem likely to you?

[quote name='MaxDense']Why would you want to?[/QUOTE]

because I like that song... and all the other Micheal Jackson songs, and other R & B songs that won't make it to rock band...

BEAT IT!

On the discussion of pricing for games. I do agree that it would be nice if prices did vary based on the quality or production of the game. However, I do not know if that could ever happen.

I have listened to many other gaming podcast and have noticed that when someone asks a game developer about pricing, they always seem to state that they have nothing to do with the pricing and that is up to the marketing/business side of the company.

Based on these interviews, it seems that the marketing departments keep the game developers in the dark in terms of how the games should be priced. So I wonder, maybe the reason why you do not see variation in game prices is because non-gamers are in charge of deciding what price tag to put on the game. These business/marketing teams, instead of analyzing and studying specifically, game consumerism, maybe they just use some universal business formula that they learned in some MBA program? If so, if games like Iron Man, despite its flaws, still turns a profit, maybe in their perspective, they are thinking "why fix it if its not broke?" Perhaps, no one also has shown them that their profits would be hire if they did drop the prices on games like Iron Man?

I admit, I do not work in the business world and this is completely conjecture. So I totally welcome being corrected.

[quote name='gorgo']
So, really, tell me where you can:
1) See what your friends are playing on PSN
2) Send your friends a message/game invite IN GAME, and they'll see it pop up so they know it's been received. Otherwise, they can't respond until they happen to check their messages.

The PSN would be a better place with this...[/quote]

1. Just go to your buddy list in the XMB. It shows who is online and what they are doing.

2. Yeah, the PS3 could benefit from having XMB access in game (I think that is coming "soon"). Once they get that I'd imagine in game messaging won't be far off.

[quote name='gorgo']Yes, but just because one of my friends is online on their ps3, doesn't mean they'd get the message or chat invite when I send it. I don't know if they're watching a movie, etc.

How did you see what they were playing? Believe me, if I saw that on the PS3, I'd be thrilled. I've never seen more than if a friend is online or not. And whenever I've gone to the ingame invites on COD4, it says to quit the game and go to the PS XMB. Not the same as inviting from within a game in progress or the lobby, as on the 360.

It does a lot, but I prefer to go with facts... I'm willing to listen to learn what I don't know. Like I said, I have both systems. I don't have an emotional attachment to either, both have strengths. I haven't seen what you describe on the PS3, but would be thrilled if I did.

So, really, tell me where you can:
1) See what your friends are playing on PSN
2) Send your friends a message/game invite IN GAME, and they'll see it pop up so they know it's been received. Otherwise, they can't respond until they happen to check their messages.

The PSN would be a better place with this...[/QUOTE]

PSN has a friend list, and if they're playing a PS3 game, the name of the game that they're playing shows up under their name. Its' been there since day one. That's how I saw Cheapy playing Metal Gear Online this weekend. Are you saying that you can actually spectate while your friend is playing a game? If so, then that's a nice feature, but not necessarily needed.

if you recieve a message you get a pop up, (while in game) that shows the sender and the subject. of course the problem right now is that you can't send or receive general messages in game. Some games do have "in game" Invites. as I mentioned earlier.

PS3 call of duty 4, has in game.. so if your friend is playing COD4, then you can invite him to your lobby.

Any new feature would make PSN better, but lets not say that its broken, or not Good.. truth is... PSN does what its supposed to do. PS3 owners deal with basic online featues, just as 360 owners deal with broken systems... what's the difference, besides one being worse and more problematic. People try to diminish the fun experiences with PS3, and then try to shine the light just a bit more brighter for the 360.

When the PS3 does get its in game XMB, accomplishments, HOME, - where will the complaints go then?

In game XMB isn't going to make people stop paying for live... because thats their preference. The entire goal of adding XMB is not to make more money, its to serve the customers who already have a PS3. Its a service to the fans. PSN is even helping out XBLA customers... how? It it wasn't for Sony, and their no limits on filesize downloads, XBLA owners would be playing the 'inferior' version of Bionic Commando Rearmed. It wasn't the voice of 360 fans that made that change it was the fear of losing sales. Fear of losing MONEY.

[quote name='Trenchalicious']As a gamer, I cannot stand Wii Fit. You know why? It's all lies. It will never get you fit. The difference between DDR and Wii Fit is, DDR will get you sweaty and the cardio going if you play it long enough and hard enough.

Morons will go out and buy Wii Fit thinking it will make them fit, the exact same crap as the brain 'training' and face 'training' (who the fuck needs face training...seriously?) crap... it is all lies.

It also pisses me off because I see Nintendo moving in this direction instead of creating deep games or developing new characters. It's the same old characters, but now they have these 'casual' games a.k.a. games for morons. Gone is the Nintendo of my childhood.

Nintendo, create new characters. Stop whoring out the same characters you've had for 20+ years. Stop being cheap. Get your online shit together. Produce more consoles.[/quote]

That's why Wii Fit is not for gamers and not even to put you in shape, Miyamoto has been quoted saying that the game is not to put you in shape. I hate Nintendo's philosophy when it comes to hardcore games but they are making A TON of money and that's what a company wants , until that changes Nintendo doesn't really give a crap about those of us who want to play "Real" games.

[quote name='eliter1']That's why Wii Fit is not for gamers and not even to put you in shape, Miyamoto has been quoted saying that the game is not to put you in shape. I hate Nintendo's philosophy when it comes to hardcore games but they are making A TON of money and that's what a company wants , until that changes Nintendo doesn't really give a crap about those of us who want to play "Real" games.[/quote]

Something needs to be done about them :twoguns: Most people will just blindly support them because they grew up with Nintendo. Well not me anymore. I won't support this casual crap, just the first party title non-whored out character games that look interesting.

[quote name='Trenchalicious']Something needs to be done about them :twoguns: Most people will just blindly support them because they grew up with Nintendo. Well not me anymore. I won't support this casual crap, just the first party title non-whored out character games that look interesting.[/quote]

Totally agree. Let's all say it: WiiFit, not for me!

[quote name='Trenchalicious']Something needs to be done about them :twoguns: Most people will just blindly support them because they grew up with Nintendo. Well not me anymore. I won't support this casual crap, just the first party title non-whored out character games that look interesting.[/QUOTE]

Mario kart being dumbed down for the Wii is another sign IMO that Nintendo is looking to cater to casual gamers first, then the hard core. The name "Mario Kart" is for the Hardcore fan, but the gameplay is for the casual gamer.

It's odd that rather than simple disinterest, some veteran gamers feel unwarranted rage at Nintendo's direction of late.

What the fuck do they care about your disdain if they're making profit?

Do you really think that if they'd tried to keep up with Sony and Microsoft, in a very locked-up market, that they'd be achieving the same success?

Would it be any good for the company to simply fold, fire all of its employees, and apologize to the stockholders?

I think the subforum thing that wombat wants is a horrible idea.

If anything I feel like the forums should be simplified. no offense to Cheapy and this site, I love this place. The community however is too small to have a ton of subforums.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']I think the subforum thing that wombat wants is a horrible idea.

If anything I feel like the forums should be simplified. no offense to Cheapy and this site, I love this place. The community however is too small to have a ton of subforums.[/quote]

Only Wombat can be that cruel. ;)

[quote name='Wombat']Im confused are we more mad at me, or Cheapy?[/quote]It was Cheapy's comments that made me go "Uuuuuugh..."

[quote name='Thomas96']and Wombat.. just because YOU'RE having problems with Eye of Judgement, it doesn't mean that everyone else has, or will have a problem with the game. But apparently you're not having too much of a problem if you played for 3 hours, online w/ voice chat. For Free..
oh yeah and good job helping Shipwreck find his PS3... I didn't think he had one.[/QUOTE]

Woah, woah, woah, why did I get dragged into this? I play my PS3 every week, mainly for PS2 games, but I play it every week.

This week alone I've played the Metal Gear Online Beta, Eye of Judgment, River King: A Wonderful Journey, and Arcana Heart.

What exactly do I need to do to prove my Sony cred?

[quote name='shipwreck']Woah, woah, woah, why did I get dragged into this? I play my PS3 every week, mainly for PS2 games, but I play it every week.

This week alone I've played the Metal Gear Online Beta, Eye of Judgment, River King: A Wonderful Journey, and Arcana Heart.

What exactly do I need to do to prove my Sony cred?[/quote]

For these Sony nuts you need to film yourself beating Reggie and Bill Gates to death with a Sixaxis controller. LOL. I play a lot PS2 games on my PS3, not much else to do with it. Although the MGO beta is fun and I am looking forward to it.

Hey Cheapy have you played this:
6e_8.JPG

I did it's pretty bad too.

[quote name='Thomas96']You can play PS3 online with other regions. I don't like when you guys make inaccurate statements regarding the PS3. [/quote]
This is decided by the developers and is on a game by game basis. When Resistance launched, you could only play with people from your own region. This was corrected with a patch 7 months later. I believe Motorstom still has this restriction.

MGO beta's online play is region locked in the same way. Don't know if the full version will be restricted too.

Edit: Apparently Gran Turismo Prologue's online is also region restricted. Again, hopefully the full version won't be.

[quote name='shipwreck']Woah, woah, woah, why did I get dragged into this? I play my PS3 every week, mainly for PS2 games, but I play it every week.

What exactly do I need to do to prove my Sony cred?[/QUOTE]

lol you don't have to prove anything, I know you love Pixeljunk.. but the point is... you, Cheapy and Wombat aren't that ineterested in PS3 games. To you the Ps3 probably just an 500 dollar upscaling PS2.

[quote name='CheapyD']This is decided by the developers and is on a game by game basis. When Resistance launched, you could only play with people from your own region. This was corrected with a patch 7 months later. I believe Motorstom still has this restriction.

MGO beta's online play is region locked in the same way. Don't know if the full version will be restricted too.

Edit: Apparently Gran Turismo Prologue's online is also region restricted. Again, hopefully the full version won't be.[/QUOTE]

some games region free some are not. You made it seem like none were. [on the show] PS3 owners do have a choice of what region game you want to buy since the system is region free. You don't have any option in regards to 360 games, they're online region locked, and the discs are online region locked....

[quote name='Thomas96']lol you don't have to prove anything, I know you love Pixeljunk.. but the point is... you, Cheapy and Wombat aren't that ineterested in PS3 games. To you the Ps3 probably just an 500 dollar upscaling PS2.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, what are we supposed to be interested in? I can't think of many PS3 games that have come out this year that also weren't on the Xbox 360. The only two that come to mind immediately are Gran Turismo 5 Prologue and Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds. I'm not a big Gran Turismo guy, so I'm not interested in the Prologue version of the game. Hot Shots Golf, I will buy when it drops in price. So that leaves the multi-platform games which I choose to play on the Xbox 360 due to Achievements and Live.

So I guess, yes, right now the PS3 for me is an upscaling PS2 and Blu-Ray playing machine. But if you want to get pissed at anyone about this, get pissed at Sony for not having games that are unique to their system or giving me compelling reasons to choose the PS3 version over the Xbox 360 version.

[quote name='Thomas96']some games region free some are not. You made it seem like none were. [on the show] PS3 owners do have a choice of what region game you want to buy since the system is region free. You don't have any option in regards to 360 games, they're online region locked, and the discs are online region locked....[/QUOTE]

Umm, no they are not. It is on a case by case basis whether games are region locked on the Xbox 360. You can ask my collection of Asian Xbox 360 games that I have played online with Cheapy on my North American console.

You clearly are coming at this argument from only one side and it is apparent why you are assuming we are all three biased against the Playstation 3.

Shipwreck Xbox360 games are for the most part region locked. The Asian versions seem to be the exception. Not everyone buys Asian versions of games.I can play a PS3 game from Japan in my US PS3 and a Japanese person can do the opposite.

I know Microsoft is an American Company so there are cultural reasons why the social gaming aspects are more robust on Xbox. Japanese gamers are slow to move gaming to an online experience. They still have arcades and game meet-ups(i.e. Monster Hunter). In the US we have friends miles away from each other so online is more important.

Japanese also thought it was rude to message a person while they are playing a game. It would be an interruption.That is the reason in game messaging was not built in.

[quote name='Jackal888']Shipwreck Xbox360 games are for the most part region locked. The Asian versions seem to be the exception. Not everyone buys Asian versions of games.I can play a PS3 game from Japan in my US PS3 and a Japanese person can do the opposite.

I know Microsoft is an American Company so there are cultural reasons why the social gaming aspects are more robust on Xbox. Japanese gamers are slow to move gaming to an online experience. They still have arcades and game meet-ups(i.e. Monster Hunter). In the US we have friends miles away from each other so online is more important.

Japanese also thought it was rude to message a person while they are playing a game. It would be an interruption.That is the reason in game messaging was not built in.[/QUOTE]

I agree with all of your points.

[quote name='shipwreck']Honestly, what are we supposed to be interested in? I can't think of many PS3 games that have come out this year that also weren't on the Xbox 360. The only two that come to mind immediately are Gran Turismo 5 Prologue and Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds. I'm not a big Gran Turismo guy, so I'm not interested in the Prologue version of the game. Hot Shots Golf, I will buy when it drops in price. So that leaves the multi-platform games which I choose to play on the Xbox 360 due to Achievements and Live.

So I guess, yes, right now the PS3 for me is an upscaling PS2 and Blu-Ray playing machine. But if you want to get pissed at anyone about this, get pissed at Sony for not having games that are unique to their system or giving me compelling reasons to choose the PS3 version over the Xbox 360 version.

Umm, no they are not. It is on a case by case basis whether games are region locked on the Xbox 360. You can ask my collection of Asian Xbox 360 games that I have played online with Cheapy on my North American console.

You clearly are coming at this argument from only one side and it is apparent why you are assuming we are all three biased against the Playstation 3.[/QUOTE]

I'm not pissed at anyone.. I definitely don't want anything I say to be taken personally by you, Cheapy, or Wombat. I'm just being critical of some things.

so basically 360 game and PS3 games are both a game by game basis in regards to being region free. That wasn't communicated very well on the CAGcast, two system basically with the same feature, but one was made to seem as it something was lacking.

Sony does have an excellent set of games, and for some, FREE online is a compelling reason to go with PS3 multiplatform games. Call of Duty 4, Burnout, GTA IV (outside of the recent server problems), all have great online, each of the games plays great (if not slightly better than the 360 version) However, you, cheapy and wombat would most likely (if you haven't already) play these games on 360. Sony can't compel you anymore, because at this point its simply your choice to play these games on 360. Your choice was made based on your, not because there's something so lacking with the PS3 version that it makes these games (and other PS3 online games / offline games) less fun. Achievements are just bells and whistles... and plus you're pretty much paying for them. CAGs get together almost every day of the week to play PS3 games and we have a good time doing so. (we even use our Mics) So don't try to discredit our console, and our games and the fun that people have (playing PS3) just to continue to justify a decision that was already made a long time ago to play your games on the 360.

Despite the fact that your 360 died (at least 1 or two times), despite the fact that you had to beg and hassle MS to fix your downloaded games on your 360, you turn around and say to Sony whose doing things right for the most part and say that Sony needs to give more "compelling reasons to choose the PS3 version over the Xbox 360 version."

IN game XMB - not compelling enough..
Free Online - not compelling enough...
HOME - not compelling enough
Trophies/Accomplishments - no mucho compel!

The point is there's no pleasing people whose made up their minds. This is the biasness that I see from people around CAG. Putting down Sony and their efforts and failing to acknowledge and consider the more prevalent mistakes that MS has done. Sony's doing well in providing to gamers and for those of us who haven't made the total CHOICE to game on the 360 can be pleased with what Sony has to offer.

and that's all I'm saying...

[quote name='Thomas96']some games region free some are not. You made it seem like none were. [on the show] PS3 owners do have a choice of what region game you want to buy since the system is region free. You don't have any option in regards to 360 games, they're online region locked, and the discs are online region locked....[/quote]

I referred to the MGO online play region lock as, " another problem that also springs up on other online PS3 games". This is a completely accurate statement.

Army of Two is the only Xbox 360 game that I know who's online play is supposedly region locked. I use the word supposedly because I was able to play with people in the USA with my Asian version of the game.

[quote name='Thomas96']Sony needs to give more "compelling reasons to choose the PS3 version over the Xbox 360 version."

IN game XMB - not compelling enough..
Free Online - not compelling enough...
HOME - not compelling enough
Trophies/Accomplishments - no mucho compel!
[/quote]

3 out of the 4 do not currently exist. We should be judging the system on these non-existent features? You are not looking at this stuff from a rational point of view.

[quote name='CheapyD']I referred to the MGO online play region lock as, " another problem that also springs up on other online PS3 games". This is a completely accurate statement.

Army of Two is the only Xbox 360 game that I know who's online play is supposedly region locked. I use the word supposedly because I was able to play with people in the USA with my Asian version of the game.

3 out of the 4 do not currently exist. We should be judging the system on these non-existent features? You are not looking at this stuff from a rational point of view.[/QUOTE]

I was saying that in the future when those features do arrive that they won't be considered to be compelling reasons for people to switch from 360 to PS3. I definitely don't wan to give Sony credit for antying that they haven't completed. Sony has to earn their keep, just like any other company.

Regarding PS online what you said was - "another problem with PS3 games that seems to spring up is that the games seems to be region specific... since your in japan you can only play with people in Japan." in this case... as you typed above.. aren't you saying that PS3 games are mostly region locked?! Its a problem on the PS3... but its an non existent issue for the 360 (one you've never mentioned before to my knowledge.) You only said that just to add another complaint to Wombat's complaint of people not using mics (or talking) on PS3 online.

Oh yeah... Accomplishments are actively present in Devil May Cry 4, and Darkness. Its like they're almost extinct.. lol

What is a "gay bot"?

Also, if I had not heard the words "chicken parm" during that discussion, I would have sworn you guys were being quite gay.

And Cheapy, are there fat people in Japan? I mean, besides Sumo wrestlers.

[quote name='Thomas96']Mario kart being dumbed down for the Wii is another sign IMO that Nintendo is looking to cater to casual gamers first, then the hard core. The name "Mario Kart" is for the Hardcore fan, but the gameplay is for the casual gamer.[/quote]

Since when was Mario Kart EVER for hardcore gamers? It's a fucking party game!

Cheapy, you're not alone on the "drinking alone and singing karaoke by yourself" thing. I think we need a support group.

Also, After having played Mario Kart Wii in Manual mode with the Classic Controller, I'm failing to see what's dumbed down about it. It feels like more of the same to me.

[quote name='sying']fuck yes gummy bears song FTW!!![/quote]

I wondered if anyone would mention this.
Cheapy - were you inspired by Shipwreck's plug for Wal-Mart's confectionery temptation or did I miss a connection to this weeks show (I was listening at work. . .)?

It's amazing how people can try to state that the PS3 is anywhere near perfect in the modern online scene. Why they say? It's free, please.

I proudly own both of the systems in question and, would completely agree that the PS3 needs some work. As does the 360 in my opinion. Thing is though when you go online with the 360, you can expect for a few funnies, a few assholes, but nonetheless everybody, seems "alive". The community is "alive".

I haven't even played my 360 online in the longest time, been too busy working on my PS2 back-catalog (Persona-party!!!). I did happen to with everybody else, join in on the MGO beta. Thing is, as much as I want to love it, I can't. The community just seems, dry, dead. Anything you can use to describe "basically lifeless". Example, a full room, only 3 talk. The rest might as well be bots with great reaction time.

Back to my point, the PS3 just needs that extra loving. I don't see the CAGcast (or Foreplay) crew as 360-shrine worshippers. Just humans such as myself, that want all they should get for their money.

Man, that was way too long.

i rate GTA:IV $60/$60. The game is fucking awesome and 16 players Team Deathmatch and Free Mode is fun & funny. The game has nothing really bad i can say about it

I got the feeling you guys aren't familiar with the Ubisoft price drop phenomena, where pretty much all of their games drop in prices, or at least have great sales, a few months after they release. COD4 was even constantly on sale for $40 a month or two after launch, which made the full price GOTY edition ridiculous to me.

I have to wonder how much longer sites will bother with PS3/360 comparisons when most are the same on both platforms, though I guess as long as the readers give them big hits, they'll keep doing it. When people are bitching about the smallest of features, it seems so pointless to even bother with it anymore. Even the football games last year that caused such an uprising for the criticism of the PS3 version of any multiplatform game are 60 FPS on both systems this year.

I haven't had much problem finding games in MGO with mics, it just may be the region-locked beta that you're only able to report on. I've always said that it's not a game that everyone will love, because some people can't really get over the "Holy shit, this isn't COD or R6V or X other online game that's military-themed and/or fast" shock that the game immediately gives off, but that it's something that can be very enjoyable for those that do give it a shot. With its inclusion in MGS4, and not a rerelease like the original, it should gain a great increase in its community just because of the other game that it comes with. Hopefully the full MGO isn't region-locked so you can have your ass kicked by those of us that greatly enjoy the game so far. Have you tried the new mode and map yet?

I can clearly see why Rock Band's something Cheapy would like more than Singstar, because of the multiplayer aspect. I'm not sure why Wombat's shitting on Cheapy's interest in Singstar, but I'm sure Wombat's never bought a geeky game. Doesn't Cheapy already have a karaoke game (Karaoke Revolution American Idol?) to play that already has a ton of DLC for it? That's what you should criticized his interest in Singstar with, Wombat.

Why are Singstar songs $1.49, or whatever price you mentioned? Have you never purchased anything in the PS Store? All of it uses the retail MSRP pricing model of $X.49 or $X.99, which makes MP games or content slightly cheaper in the PS Store.

The Warhawk headset works fine for me, even after a long period of inactivity. Your headset may be crappy, but I don't think the headsets themselves are of a crappy quality.

Wombat confirms my suspicion that he only brings up Sony games just to complain about them. He'll never bring them up because he's enjoyed them. Just in case Cheapy or Wombat are reading this and are about to reply, that was sarcasm above.

There's absolutely no Sony community? I read the blog all the time, because it's pretty much a one of a kind thing amongst the big three, and see the guys at Sony and the various developers that post on there interacting with the posters and answering questions and taking feedback all the time. Even the Hot Shots Golf guy that posted there commented that VC was something they'd try to work on because of how much people asked for it in the comments, though I don't see it as something they thought of working right that second. Maybe my thoughts on what a community is and your thoughts on what a community is are different. Then there are the big communities that surround the games like Resistance, Warhawk, and such that the developers use to their advantage (podcasts, involvement in balancing and DLC, and their interactivity with the community), though that's probably not what you also were referring to.

My thoughts on PSN versus XBL is that PSN's more like the basic unified service I need to enjoy gaming online while XBL has some more nice features that would come with a subscription-based service. I've said before that I'm not the kind of gamer that bases his gaming purchases on voice chat alone, but it's a nice bonus when I feel like talking to people. I've tried the XBL voice experience and have experienced the dreck of that particular community that makes me not hook up the headset or just reviewing them so I hopefully don't see them again. I don't really get the fervor that erupts whenever the two services are mentioned in the same sentence because they're both on mostly equal terms for what I care most about in online play (playing friends or strangers online, ease of getting online (not having to sign up for new usernames or other BS), and having a seamless experience (finding and playing people without much frustration, not R6V2's ranked online set-up on the 360)). I can see why people greatly enjoy online play on the 360 more, but I wouldn't say it's gimped or broken on the PS3.

As for the PS3 being a disappointment, unless you're looking through rose-colored glasses (mine are clear from what my nearsighted eyes can tell ;)), I don't know about that. Going from the PS3 to the 360 in purchase order, the 360 made me realize some of the basic features I took for granted as just being no-brainers that the 360 would have. There's being able to eject the disc tray with just the controller, being able to switch between video feeds (as I have to get up everytime I want to play games on the 360 on my HD monitor or just my SD TV for streaming videos) easily and on the fly, the media player (music and video), the option to toggle disc auto-start for when you put a game in (there's no reason it should kick you out of an XBLA game if you want to stick a game disc in to play later on), not kicking you out of single-player games when you lose your connection to Live, and there's the basic fact that I cannot fit an HDMI and AV cable into the 360 at the same time without either paying MS $50 for that official privilege or removing the casing around the AV cable connector and the risks involved with that. The 360 does some things better, like overall online integration, media streaming (recognizes and plays 100% of the video files I have to share while Ps3 does maybe 40-50% at most), and the fairly nice "custom soundtrack" feature that just plays audio content over everything rather than actually being a custom soundtrack feature for every 360 game.

The gist is that both systems are great and have their own strengths and weaknesses, but that I wouldn't want to not have either system if I had that choice. Both have great games that I wouldn't pass up for any reason.

Good show, though I'm a bit disappointed with the weak CAGbag showing in the 2+ weeks since a proper show with a CAGbag has been done.

Did any of you play Rainbow Six Vegas 2 on PS3? It had the ability to send invites from ingame to outside of the game, access the xmb friend list (not just the names, but the actual list part of the xmb). I think Criterion is putting custom soundtracks into Burnout, but they're also already in a few PSN games like Bowling.

I think that all of this technology is out there. If Ubisoft can accomplish what no one else can, considering how shitty their game is on PS3, anyone should be able to have me sending messages from ingame and getting invites.

The future is soon!

[quote name='wdwpsu']Hey Cheapy. Whatever you did, thanks. This weeks podcast works on the Zune.[/quote]

I replaced the MP3 encoding library.
Anyone having Zune-problems?

Found it but sadly no Nazi killing

http://www.newsweek.com/id/33094?tid=relatedcl

"The second game, code-named LMNO and made for Xbox 360 and PS3, can be described as "North by Northwest" meets "E.T." —if E.T. were female, grown up and, um, hot. You don't play as the girl, however. You're an ex-secret agent, and the bond that you forge while on the run with the computer-controlled woman—good, bad, indifferent—determines the nature of her special abilities and the ways in which she'll assist you. Says Spielberg: "The challenge is, can the game have an emotional impact on players while they are actively manipulating the world?" Based on the clever ways in which he and EA are extracting a genuine performance from their digital Eve—complete with eyes that widen, lips that curl and translucent skin that lights up in different colors to express her quicksilver moods—we think Spielberg's got yet another hit on his hands."

bread's done
Back