CAGcast #127: E3 - We Did Something

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Yea yea, you and Dennis Dyack believe the internet is serious business. We know.[/QUOTE]

Let's fight in real life.

finally caught up to this episode. oh man, i can't believe Cheapy and Shippy missed the MS conference~! the FFXIII megaton was the best thing outta the entire E3 press conferences from the big three. btw, nice to hear Cheapy and Shippy meet up and Shippy is at the same volume level finally. :)

also Cheapy, i can't believe you smoked weed from a random stranger. that was just dangerous, imo. i'm glad Cheapy didn't corrupt Shippy. you go boy! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
How can Cheapy say Microsoft was best in show? They only had one original idea (the game shows on live 1 vs. 100 and so on). Everything else was ripped off from Nintendo or a stolen ideas from Sony. I am excited about Portal and the sequel to Galaga. Cheapy and Shipwreck also mentioned that there was no "360 motion controller" though the lips mic is a mic as well as a motion controller. We just all assumed that it would be a rip off of the wii remote. They even said it during the press confrence. After watching all three confrences I would say Sony was best, followed by Microsoft, and Nintendo just hurt to watch after the first ten minutes. I do give credit to Microsoft for innovating Lips so you can sing any song off of your ipod (or they rather it be your Zune). Microsoft jumped onto the "casual gamers" band wagon big time. Hopefully they do not pull a Nintendo and blow off their original audience.

Nothing on the PS3's region-locked? Weren't you saying that online multiplayer's region-locked on a few PS3 games, Cheapy?

I'm surprised you guys said the Sony conference was boring, as I was entertained throughout with the brisk pace of the show, where they didn't spend a ton of time on any one thing, so there was a lot shown at the show. Jack mentioned at the beginning that he was rehearsing 12 hours the day before, so it's not surprising that he was a little sluggish at times. I'm sure you guys were upbeat and energetic throughout the entire show, too.

What was up with the hatred (The game nobody wanted?) of Resistance Retribution by Shipwreck? It's from the same guys that patented how to make successful shooters on the PSP, the Syphon Filter games, so I'm interested in having a good shooter to play on the PSP. It's strange that the game that's bridging the stories of R1 and R2 isn't coming out until next spring.

Good show, though this episode was as quiet as the early CAG Foreplays, so I'm hoping that was just a byproduct of the show being done from a hotel room.

Wow! I haven't commented in a CAGcast thread in a while, but I was wondering if you're alright, Cheapy! You sounded pretty worse for the wear through a large portion of the show. Were you really tired or is that just what you sound like without your "BIG ENERGY!" reminder?

Still, can't wait for the next show. Great job Shipwreck! Congrats Wombat!

I will say Wombat that you do a good job of keeping it fresh and fun & high pitched ;) Congrats on being a dad!!!

bread's done
Back