CAGcast #135: The New CAGcast Experience

Hey Cheapy, still listening to the show right now but you said you wanted in the little big planet beta but got the home one. If you want a USA LBP key, shoot me a PM

If you guys do plan to fight over a new trophy, you should definitely get that on tape.

If you have your computer on the media server, you can download your music straight to the PS3. I remember you saying you did that once with episodes of Harvey Birdman, but I don't know if you've got it still set-up now. Otherwise, you can throw your mp3s on a memory stick, SD card, or thumb drive to put on there, as well. You just need to create a playlist first to be able to play them in Wipeout HD, which is different than most games on the PS3.

I would imagine that there will be multiple servers for the public areas of Home so that you'd be sent to a new server when one is full to let you play when you want to. That or you need to

Wombat's not right from the looks of the LBP beta so far, as I haven't seen a penis level yet. From what I read, that wasn't even uploaded to the online servers, so nobody could play it unless they knew him personally. Wombat's still wrong at the moment for his claims that LBP will be full of penis levels.

The reason that Jack Thompson got so much press is because he's insane and is always getting into crazy situation, making for great stories that never got old to me. It'll be sad to see him go, but I imagine people will still talk to him as some kind of consultant since he'll force himself onto a tragic event to blame videogames.

I agree about GTA IV and its ability to draw me in for a while at first, then push me away until I come back at some later point when I want to finish it. All of them have done that, either through my own lack of willingness to keep playing or the game didn't want me to continue by deleting my save.

Good show.

Yea, on the Force Unleashed. Hide behind the two smal toawers. When the Ties go by, LIGHTENING!! You don't have to really worry too much about targeting and they go down fast. The SD is the bitch, but I got it on my third try. If you still have problems, go to GameFaqs.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']

Wombat's not right from the looks of the LBP beta so far, as I haven't seen a penis level yet. From what I read, that wasn't even uploaded to the online servers, so nobody could play it unless they knew him personally. Wombat's still wrong at the moment for his claims that LBP will be full of penis levels.

Good show.[/QUOTE]

I made a point to say that it is not full of penis levels, yet and someone better be prepared for a whooping this Sunday

Wow, you guys gave your opinion about an article you did not even bother reading. That's really lame. Next time if you guys are too lazy to read 4 pages skip the topic please.

Also, Cheapy says that the price is an important part of the review process. But the CAG2.0 review system is totally ignoring the price when reviewing. That's really lame too.

This episode had the most 180's yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great show. Not much to say except that the downloadable game argument is something I used all the time for the deals on CAG. Dollar for dollar, deals I find on this website are simply amazing. I get more fun per dollar than I think would with most downloadable titles.

Wombat, I like you're new segment that you added to the show, as a result I ended up picking up The Club at the 12.98 downloadable title reduced price. When you justify the game purchase like that, even I couldn't resist. Good show!

[quote name='chi.bri']Wow, you guys gave your opinion about an article you did not even bother reading. That's really lame. Next time if you guys are too lazy to read 4 pages skip the topic please.

Also, Cheapy says that the price is an important part of the review process. But the CAG2.0 review system is totally ignoring the price when reviewing. That's really lame too.

This episode had the most 180's yet.[/QUOTE]

you know what else is lame, people who don't listen when you say that CAG will be using two scales for reviews, one of which will be what price we think the game is worth.

I am a huge supporter of a dual review scale

-a 5 star or ?/10 review of the game, regardless of its price (unlike other review systems) and
- a dollar value that the reviewer feels the game is worth.

Just like Wombat said some games can be really fun but their price is sometimes too high to make the reviewer encourage readers to buy the game... This is where a dual review system would help people (especialy CAGs, known for being carefull game buyers) choose what game to buy or even WHEN to buy it ...

I would also like to propose something new to the CAGcast, I think it would be fun to hear from CAGs in a more direct fashion. How about having a special guest on the show, maybe once a month. If CheapyD and Wombat fancy this little suggestion, I would point at FriskyTanooki as a obvious choice. He always has great comments on almost every show thread, CheapyD reading his comments is almost already part of the show at this point.

[quote name='charleytony']
I would also like to propose something new to the CAGcast, I think it would be fun to hear from CAGs in a more direct fashion. How about having a special guest on the show, maybe once a month. If CheapyD and Wombat fancy this little suggestion, I would point at FriskyTanooki as a obvious choice. He always has great comments on almost every show thread, CheapyD reading his comments is almost already part of the show at this point.[/quote]

That's pretty much what the Thursday show is for, to let the listeners speak (even though I can't listen on Thursdays, thanks to my job).

[quote name='Wombat']I'm sorry drive, shoot, occasionally pick some one up, drive, shoot. If you play in free mode everything is unlocked from the start. I never said it wasn't a great game, it is, but without structure I get bored easily.[/quote]

I hear you Wombat. 60 hrs of game play is all i can take. It's a fantastic game don't get me wrong but after the story there isn't that much to do and its almost the same mission every time. The only way i might play through it again is when the trophy patch comes out for the ps3 version. Even then idk if its even worth the nerd points. Though i find having to play games over that Ive already beaten breaths new life into the game i didn't really get before they implemented trophies. I still think its almost 2 years to late but if it gets me to dust off an old game then maybe thats the best part about it. What was i saying again....???(brain don't fail me now!)

[quote name='Wombat']you know what else is lame, people who don't listen when you say that CAG will be using two scales for reviews, one of which will be what price we think the game is worth.[/quote]

My apologies on getting the review system quote wrong. But I do remember a few shows were you (Wombat) suggested such a price based review system and Cheapy totally shot you down.
It was actually a little frustrating to listen to when you came up with the idea of a price based review. I thought it was genius and would really help people make better buying decisions. But Cheapy seemed to be totally against the idea at the time. Good to know there's been a change.

i am a fan of The Club.. it's PGR structure basically with a gun... it's defnitely worth 12.98 and when I get my 360 back I will be more than happy to do some MP with people..

[quote name='davkeats']As a Beach Boys fan i am offended by the intro music.

Bring back that Ass and Titties song.[/quote]

you only hear that greatness on the live shows now.

Bungie used the "Trickle Down" marketing strategy for Halo 3. That could be partly why that game got so well hyped despite the lack of the successful viral ARG that Halo 2 had.

I am one of the people that has never finished any of the GTA games.
I have also never finished Saints Row.
Wombat and Cheapy are right when they say that if the whole game is unlocked from the beginning and the real fun is just doing random things, there really isn't any reason to follow some crap stories.
One way to fix this is by awarding players with different abilities as the game progresses.
Oh and make certain enemies in certain areas a lot harder to defeat without those abilities.

Hey I take offense to the "stupid mighty mugg" comment. I love mighty muggs, they are coolest collectibles to come around in awhile.

Hey cheapy, i know im 2 weeks late but i wanted to say in regards to Peter Lolyneux comments on LBP, i didn't know if u knew this the the guys at Media Molecule we ex=lionhead guys (Peter Molyneuz studio)...They are his protege's so to speak. So i guess he was stating publicly "that he thinks his old employees game new looks great". There was some context to those statements, he just wasn't saying it out of the blue

bread's done
Back