CAGcast #178: Clunts

Yeah, I was also pretty confused by MW2's story. I had no idea what the hell was going on. You would think for one of the biggest games of all time they could have actually tried to write a good story. I also loved how that one guy (forgot his name) launched a nuke surrounded by enemies yet the game doesn't tell you how he survived or got off the sub. I also have no idea how the characters were all connected because there was too much going on. It was a total mess, but the single player was still a ton of fun.

Cheapy I also agree with you on the dialogue. The whole rewriting history and other stupid living or dying cliches were so overdone. I got tired of hearing all that lame shit. They must have repeated that stuff about 20 times.

Like Tybee mentioned, no Sly Cooper love?

Last edited:
I have to agree with Cheapy in saying that the story is pretty bad in Modern Warfare 2. In fact the only FPS story that I ever found interesting was Bioshock's. But come to think of it Bioshock's story is way out there, but it was good. Modern Warfare 2 story is ok and just makes me want to watch Red Dawn again, speaking of Red Dawn I here that they are doing a remake of the film if anyone cares. I also liked the level Red Dawn a bunch too....

[quote name='rogueweapon']Hey Wombat, that horse pill sounds like Augmentin (Amox/Clav). If you are taking an antibiotic for a long time, make sure to eat yogurt everyday to replenish your gut flora. Btw, antibiotics kill bacteria not viruses. I hope you live.[/QUOTE]

Haha, i am in pharmacy school right now and I was thinking the same thing. You have a virus. Glad you got an antibiotic. Hahaha. They usually just throw Z-packs at you.

Great show guys. Feel better soon Wombat.

[quote name='AleetPanda']Come on Wombat, anitbiotics for a virus??? That wont work, you need an antiviral.[/QUOTE]
Yeah Wombat, if your doctor is giving you antibiotics for a virus you need to find another doctor. Antibotics won't do anything for a virus.

Also, most antivials don't really work very effectively and if it is indeed a virus you really can't do much but rest and wait it out.

Good show guys.

Hey Cheepy,

I tweeted back at you about the 360 breaking or something and almost immediately got a direct message from XboxSupport trying to help me fix my console (which isn't broken). Just saying, I'm going to put an @CheapyD in front of all my problems and post them on twitter. Seems to get attention.

What John Davison said on GamePro's site was that Activision took the TH Ride review copies and put them back into the stock that goes out to stores because they feared a shortage. Giant Bomb has a great Quick Look for the game.

The ads aren't why a customizable dashboard is impossible since they could easily reserve a portion of whatever spots you can fill for ads, which I mentioned in my question. If you had a ten slot tab to fill with any of the apps, marketplaces, Inside Xbox or community day stuff, and still reserve two or three spots for ads like they do for most every tab on the dashboard now. It could be a flexible system to accommodate whatever the console maker wants to give you.

You don't have to do anything with your class in Kenka Bancho if you don't want to, I just skipped out on them and focused on finding new dudes to fight. I only got about 30 of the 47 guys, so you have to do a lot of work if you want to capture all of the territories.

Wasn't The Saboteur a game that was announced two or three years ago and has taken this long to come out? How's that rushed, Shipwreck?

Good show.

[quote name='Tybee']In discussing cel shaded games, you guys forgot the Sly Cooper series. I'd wager those were the best selling titles of that ilk.[/QUOTE]
Wind Waker.

How many guys from Montreal here? Wouldn't it be cool to organize a dinner or a movie or something with Wombat when he comes over?

Wombat - Just listened to the show and thanks for the Red Lobster plug. Hope you enjoy.

Cheapy - RL in Japan is a totally different company. They used to be affiliated, but we (Darden) sold them off long ago. It is my understanding the we never had a majority stake in them because of Japan's ownership laws. It is possible that they don't even serve Cheddar Bay Biscuits there. Lobster there would be expensive, but you should be able to get some excellent Alaskan snow crab. The Japanese usually compete with RL to get snow crab out of Dutch Harbor because of the quality.

With regards to the antibiotic debate, it is not unusual for Dr's to prescribe antibiotics to fight secondary bacterial infections (I know Wombat has since stated that this is what he has) that can arise due to fighting off a viral infection.

bread's done
Back