CAGcast #180: I Call Titans!

I'm not involved in the whole ECA fiasco, but as Wombat said, Cheapy has to talk to this guy to slap some sense into him. The guy is probably going to lose his job because of this, but he can at least go out on a high note by making things right and thus saving his political career.

Epsons are awful printers from the few I've used over the years as they eventually stop working after a few months.

I'm guessing Cheapy gave the wrong guy a handjob at E3 since Shipwreck didn't get ACII.

Not really that excited about Mass Effect 2 since the first didn't grab me and make me want to play more after an initial six hour session. Just Cause 2 looks like it'll be a lot more polished than the first, which I skipped for games like Crackdown when I got my Xbox 360 last year. I'm looking forward to Splinter Cell Conviction because it looks like a great departure from the previous SC games since it looks to be more open.

ACII's HUD can be turned off completely if you want it that way.

Madden NFL Arcade is a lot of fun, though online can be annoying with people that pick the Eagles or Titans and run with the QB 90% of the game. I wish there was a season mode so I didn't have to rely on people to play. It's kind of cool and a little annoying that every team is pretty much the same, minus teams with running QB's. I didn't know you could back out in the team selection screen, so I'll have to try that out. I'll play you whenever you're up for playing, Shipwreck.

Good show.

put some shit on your door bell, that will teach them and the delivery man a lesson. Btw, the hype wagon was dead on with Mass Effect 2, Red Dead, Just Cause 2. I might actually buy them day 1.

Regarding the free ECA membership:

When I first signed up, all I had access to were the e-mail alerts. I contacted Support, and they activated my membership.

I do not recall ever having to give them any details other than mailing address. No credit card information was requested.

Edit: disregard that about the cc information. I just checked my account details, and I must have entered the cc at one point.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shafnitz']I finally finished the show today. Best. Ending. Ever. :)[/QUOTE]

I have to sort of agree, nice to see you didn't feel like editing that ending.

Nice job Shipwreck, you already sound totally comfortable. You were cracking Cheapy (and me) up! Cheapy and Wombat were their usual awesome selves too.

You guys seriously need to play 1 vs 100 Live in order to see how many people buy the avatar clothing. A number of Ones were in Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, and other paid-only clothing.

When I called in for fridays black friday live show i got hung up on! :( but no hard feelings guys. just a shitty signal in the basement.

I have to agree with Wombat on contacting the ECA guy. Cheapy went around promoting this deal on the CAGcast and on his site and put his reputation on the line. Now that it has blown up in many CAG's faces Cheapy does not want to contact the guy and try to get any kind of reconciliation? Many CAG's got this because of Cheapy's recomendation of it and many more got a free subscripton to it because of a thread on his website. Saying that he is not going to contact him about the situation is shunning the CAG community and now CAG's will be more cautiouse and even weary of what Cheapy D and cheapassgamer considers a deal. This whole ECA thing makes Cheapy and Cheapassgamer look bad because they where such advocates of the ECA premiums. Cheapy needs to let this guy know that he is going about this all wrong and making companies like cheapassgamer and Game Informer look bad for promoting the ECA and consumers getting stuck with a headache to deal with.

Also, Cheapy mentioned that he does not delete posts that users put up about exploits in codes and what not because its not a crime. Isn't that a sort of fraud where the consumer is delibertley practicing to get an unfair gain? On top of that you hint that you recieve payments from Amazon for links? If Amazon does pay (Big "IF" you never mentioned it but told a story about a guy changing links that worked at Amazon and posted deals on the site) would you not want to try and stop any kind of possible fraudulent activity that members on your site are doing to take advantage of Amazon since you are possibly receivng payments from? (remeber its a "IF you recieve payments")

The show was good, please contact that deushbag at the ECA because I like many CAG's took your word on The ECA and I told others about it that are not to happy with me right now since there credit card is in the hands of people who essentially are not allowing you to cancel the same way you signed up.

[quote name='Davestation']I have to agree with Wombat on contacting the ECA guy. Cheapy went around promoting this deal on the CAGcast and on his site and put his reputation on the line. Now that it has blown up in many CAG's faces Cheapy does not want to contact the guy and try to get any kind of reconciliation? Many CAG's got this because of Cheapy's recomendation of it and many more got a free subscripton to it because of a thread on his website. Saying that he is not going to contact him about the situation is shunning the CAG community and now CAG's will be more cautiouse and even weary of what Cheapy D and cheapassgamer considers a deal. This whole ECA thing makes Cheapy and Cheapassgamer look bad because they where such advocates of the ECA premiums. Cheapy needs to let this guy know that he is going about this all wrong and making companies like cheapassgamer and Game Informer look bad for promoting the ECA and consumers getting stuck with a headache to deal with.

Also, Cheapy mentioned that he does not delete posts that users put up about exploits in codes and what not because its not a crime. Isn't that a sort of fraud where the consumer is delibertley practicing to get an unfair gain? On top of that you hint that you recieve payments from Amazon for links? If Amazon does pay (Big "IF" you never mentioned it but told a story about a guy changing links that worked at Amazon and posted deals on the site) would you not want to try and stop any kind of possible fraudulent activity that members on your site are doing to take advantage of Amazon since you are possibly receivng payments from? (remeber its a "IF you recieve payments")

The show was good, please contact that deushbag at the ECA because I like many CAG's took your word on The ECA and I told others about it that are not to happy with me right now since there credit card is in the hands of people who essentially are not allowing you to cancel the same way you signed up.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I tweeted both Cheapy D and Wombat after I listened to the podcast, but did not receive a response. Looks like Cheapy only concern is lining his pockets that is why he seemed so intimidated by the propsect of emailing the ECA.

Oh No! It won't stop recording, it really wont stop recording..
lol, Cheapy, you're so funny

Another one with shipwreck? guess he's a permanent member then, the cagcast will never have the great episodes it has had again i guess, its still better than all the others though

Ps. i like shipwreck alot, his reviews and his part in Foreplay, but cagcast imo is about the chemistry between mr W and mr D, god this sucks :(

Good show guys. Nice to see Shipwreck on again. Wombat, I didn't even realize the last level in MW2 involved you killing American soldiers. I thought they were that crazy Russian guy's troops. The story was a huge mess. You're right. You would think the media would have been picked up on that.

I also gotta agree with Wombat on the whole ECA thing. Cheapy needs to step in and either contact the guy, denounce the ECA, or something. He's pimped them on the podcast a few times and the thread in the Deals section is over 130 pages long. That's a lot of pissed of CAGs. This isn't just some small time thing but something that's affecting a whole ton of CAGs. Cheapy owes it to the community to at least make some kind of statement or contact someone at ECA and then report back to all the CAGs. The whole situation is just ridiculous and I'm really surprised Cheapy wasn't as outraged like he was over something so much smaller like the Resident Evil 5 DLC.

[quote name='snakelda']What happened to Shipwrecks podcast?The last one he made was in July...[/QUOTE]

His wife is too busy, and solo foreplay is no fun.

Did anyone else have the same mental image when CheapyD was saying

"When you take money from people you have to service them"
"You need to suck it up"
"If you can't handle the volume, you get an intern to help you. You have to suck it up"

(paraphrase)

I thought it, i can't UNthink it.

Wombat, you mentioned that Killing us soliders is more controversial than the no russion mission in mw2, however your mistake is that they aren't US Soldiers but a mercenary group known as shadow company hired by Gen. Shepard with the blank check he recieved after the nuke went off. You see the US is never the villain just Sheperd, who is bitter about the lack of credit he recieved after COD4. Just wouldn't want to ward off anyone from a great experiance by believing they would be killing US soldiers.

Great show guys, kinda felt bad for Shipwreck considering Cheapy took so long to introduce him. Just when I thought it was a show without Shipwreck, he spoke up. I like the 3 host dynamic. Hope you all stick with it because it really gives us the other gamer's perspective when you all talk about what you've been playing.

Also found it very interesting to hear about your fantasy football and the teams you are fans off.

Question for Shipwreck or Wombat: If your favorite football team was playing, are you willing to watch the game or play a video game?

Keep up the good work!

bread's done
Back