CAGcast #181: Wombat & Jabberjaw Have A Lot In Common

Well after the Iphone gaming review scores based on the length of time you spend on the can and the JabberJaw/Chan Clan bit I almost served off the icy highway I was laughing so hard!

Keep up the good work guys way to keep things interesting!

Good show guys. Wombat, did they talk about the single player at all or was the whole event strictly multiplayer? I loved the first game but I never actually played the online multiplayer portion of it. All I did was play co-op with my friend. The game is definitely one of my top titles of 2010. I can't wait for it.

Cheapy you're right about some of these reviews. I think a lot of these sites are either getting paid off or something. There is no way in hell Bayonetta could get a perfect score. It just doesn't seem like it's one of the greatest games ever or anything. Maybe if this was 2002 it might be worthy of the score, but not in 2009 where that style of game has been done to death.

That reminds me of some other games where I was left scratching my head at some of the reviews and comments. Like on the back of the box of Prince of Persia (the latest one) IGN said, "A sure contender for game of the year." That game sucked huge balls and it was one of the most boring games I've ever played, yet IGN gave it a 9.3. If you take off about 6 points the score seems right but a 9.3? That means the game is near perfect. If you read the review it sounds like the guy is blowing somebody from Ubisoft as he's typing it up. He even said in the closing comments:

Gameplay
A few minor issues, but the experience itself is one that every gamer should experience.

That's the biggest crock of shit I've read in a long time. A "few minor issues"? I really don't trust any of these major game sites anymore because they all seem to be bullshitters and not actually realistically scoring these games, but basing it off how much money, free shit, and trips around the world they can get. Just my two cents.

bread's done
Back