CAGcast #242: E3 2011 Preview

About Hitman, if you were still wondering where you got the guns from, you were actually buried with them if I remember correctly.

RE: Vita

As much as that sounds like a dumb name, pretty much EVERY name sounds dumb when you first hear it. Xbox, Playstation, Wii, Genesis...they are all goofy words that you just get used to after a while. It's all about what you're playing on it, and it seems like the games are going to look great and play well. Remember when they announced "iPad"? The uproar over it sounding like a feminine hygiene product was crazy for a few weeks, then no one cared.

[quote name='bickle']What was spoiled? Hitman? If you haven't played it yet, it's a little late to be worried about spoilers.[/QUOTE]

It is never too late to be worried about spoilers, don't ever give them over the air
unless you are willing to hear about games that you don't want spoiled it is very selfish.
Honestly if you're going to give them out then the Heavy Rain guy should be a hero on CAG.

Anyway, I didn't like this show. This is probably the first one I have ever listened 2 I just didn't like. Boring, I mean every single appointment for E3? You should make whacky predictions instead of telling me your day-schedule.

I have to say, it was refreshing to hear the excitement in Cheapy's voice when talking about E3. Notwithstanding his complete disinterest in Atari (can you blame him?) Cheapy maintained a level of excitement/energy in this show that we rarely hear anymore.

Shipwreck is a work horse. I don't always agree with him, but the guy is all business. He is on top of everything and he filled Wombat's role admirably this week. Also Shipwreck looks absolutely brilliant on the heels of the growing consensus that (while good) LA Noire is a bit overrated.

I still want Wombat in Wombat's role, but this was a fantastic show by a two man crew.

No Cheapy, Iron Man was not dead serious and managed to succeed as a pretty great movie.

The reason why Green Lantern looks so likely to be terrible is because they're showing like 12 supporting characters, and 3 villains. It looks like they're trying to blow their entire Green Lantern load with one movie instead of just telling a good origin story.

Regarding the cag E3 party, the only quiz question you would really need is "What's your CAG user name?"

Also this might help with the overflow of people attending, from their website:

"Dress code is strictly enforced. No shorts, flip flops, baseball hats, athletic wear, including jerseys, or overly baggy clothing will be allowed."

Maybe half the people attending will be turned away at the door?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shipwreck']THAT's what I was trying to think of! Also, what about YouTube with the ability to record and post videos with Kinect?[/QUOTE]

Maybe but given that Youtube is owned by Google there would be a lot of internal resistance from various Microsoft divisions and execs.

They've allowed Youtube uploads from some games, so it's possible...can also see them doing it for MS's online video site, whatever that is/if it exists.

[quote name='DQT']No Cheapy, Iron Man was not dead serious and managed to succeed as a pretty great movie.

The reason why Green Lantern looks so likely to be terrible is because they're showing like 12 supporting characters, and 3 villains. It looks like they're trying to blow their entire Green Lantern load with one movie instead of just telling a good origin story.

[/QUOTE]

I think the distinction is "taking the movie seriously" and "being a serious movie." It doesn't necessarily have to be a serious movie, but they should treat the character with respect. This is what is making these new superhero movies good. They have real directors, real actors, good stories, etc. That's why you love them. Everything doesn't have to be Dark Knight serious to be good. I think Green Lantern could be cool. Also, X-Men First Class (going to see it tomorrow).

And like the guy above said, it's nice to see Cheapy excited about something. He always seem so negative about everything lately (except Game of Thrones). Keep it up!

They mentioned that someone who looked a lot like shipwreck was photographed in La Noire. Does anyone know where that picture is?

Great show thanks for putting it out, and yeah Hitman Blood Money ending was fantastic highly anticipating news about the new one.

I can't belive you don't remember what you thought of the Wii name.. jesus. the dick jokes lasted a good 6 months.

bread's done
Back