CAGcast #245: Pussyface

This show is going to get me killed... I'm in a office full of women with "Bitches aint shit but hoes and trickkkkkks" playing in the background. I got to remember to listen to the show in the car, rather than the office. Great show!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great show guys! I even laughed when Wombat had to justify why he had to walk away from his mic . . "I have children!!!".

Anyway, I'd like to see more "top analyst" predictions (i.e. What do you think the metacritic score will be for both SKYRIM and MW3? NPD sales figures. Over/Under for units sold on various games, etc.).

Here are some other recommendations and/or requests:

Cheapy - Need more Tai soundbites and/or updates (i.e. Rodney Dangerfield impersonations, poop smearing stories, etc.)

Wombat - Need more random impersonations of Bill Cosby

Shipwreck - (VERY IMPORTANT) From this day forward, your videogame review section shall be titled "The Vagina Monoblog!" in honor of the new Vagina scar on your face.

. . . Again, Great Show fellas!!!

Everything about PS3 updates and downloads sucks. I laughed when CheapyD was talking about how playing PS3 means watching downloads and updates. I had the same experience twice last week. I love how I can just throw an old 360 game in my box, get the latest update in about 5 seconds and be playing.

Good show guys. The intro was hilarious. Glad to hear Shipwreck is on the road to recovery and kicked cancer's ass.

I seriously can't imagine listening to the Joystiq podcast, whether they're being serious or funny. Joystiq has the absolute WORST attempts at humor in their blog posts. Who is laughing at these jokes? People talk about the offensive humor in Duke Nukem Forever, but I think those terrible Joystiq jokes are more offensive. I guess it's to cover up their crappy reporting. If I had to listen to an hour of those guys desperately trying to be funny I'd probably kill myself. No thanks. I'll stick to the CAGcast.

The thing with Children of Eden is that for game reviewers, it's another SEE GAMES ARE ART YOU BETTER RESPECT THEM RIGHT NOW title. I didn't even bother reading a lot of the reviews because I already knew it was going to get perfect scores and glowing praise regardless of any of its failings. It's another game like Limbo where the "games are art" dorks can furiously masturbate to as they write up their reviews. The fact that you have to replay the same level to get to the next one is incredibly lame. How about adding real levels to a game you're charging full price for?

I always laugh when I hear Microsoft continuously push how YOU ARE NOW THE CONTROLLER WITH KINECT when it plainly sucks and isn't as effective as pressing a button on my controller. I still say Cheapy sold out by buying a Kinect though. :D

The PS3 download times are just a killer. I'm sick and tired of them. By the time the patch is done downloading, you don't even feel like playing anymore. I agree with Cheapy. When I got the free PS Plus trial, I thought it downloaded all the patches for new games you downloaded. After it took me hours and hours to download Dead Nation, I had to download a freakin' patch on top of it. PS Plus only seems to download patches for recent games you played. I was under the impression it downloaded any updates for games installed to your HD in the Game Data Utility folder.

With developers being lazy and not finishing their games before shipping them, gamers are stuck downloading patches the day they buy the game and the following weeks after release. I don't think it's someting that could be changed, regardless if the PS3 came out a year after the 360. It was just a dumb decision on Sony's part.

It really doesn't matter if some guy dresses up like Mario at E3 because he fits right in with the unprofessionalism with the rest of game "journalists." They're always cheering at every announcement, especially the Nintendo stuff and games like Ico/Shadow of Colossus HD. Last year they even accepted free Xbox 360s from Microsoft without question. It's really embarrassing.

[quote name='CheapyD']You can say whatever you want about the PS3 download/install/update situation, but the fact is, it's seriously inferior to their competitor which released their system a year earlier. I still don't understand how this happened.[/QUOTE]

MS knows software. Sony doesn't.

Although they flip spots for hardware. Sony is much better at hardware than MS.

Japanese companies aren't strong in software in general. Just look at any Japanese electronic product.

Last edited by a moderator:
Long time CAGcast listener, new to CAG. Wombat's been doing a great job (with the exception of his absence in the middle of the show) on the podcast despite having the new kid, kudos. Nice job on kicking cancers ass Ship, always bet on double Pacman. As for a question, any possibility of having all the wives on for CAGcast #250?

btw, isn't the problem with Capcom more of a cultural divide than incompetency? Shit we think is stupid makes perfect sense to them? Seems like that's at least part of it or no?

[quote name='trip1eX']btw, isn't the problem with Capcom more of a cultural divide than incompetency? Shit we think is stupid makes perfect sense to them? Seems like that's at least part of it or no?[/QUOTE]
No.

Hell MvC3 doesn't even have all the features that street fighter 4 has. Look I love capcom, but this is getting ridiculous.

I'm in the middle of listening to the latest CagCast, but after one comment about Apple and Samsung, I had to post.

Take a moment and Google Apple and Samsung. They aren't exactly getting along very well currently. In fact, Samsung makes one of the premiere Android phone sets and Android tablets. Do you really think Samsung is going to work with Apple to ensure it's own demise?

http://news.google.com/news/search?aq=&q=apple+samsung

Thank you for the recommendation of: how did this get made! That show is amazing. Oh and btw, was anyone able to get castel? I couldn't find it. Anyway great show as always, as I type on my wii-like phone (iPhone)

Cheapy, Wombat and Shipwreck:

As someone who has held a leg while watching the business end of a child birth, I do not recommend it. It changes a man.

Good show, good energy and it's good to know that Shipwreck is ok.

I really loved the intro. The gaming community and quite a few games writers (not journalists) seems so far up it's own ass these days in trying to get games TAKEN VERY SERIOUSLY. Still want to high five Wombat for blurting out that he only plays art.

I must have listened to the intro five or six times. Please add a section to the CAGcast called "We Only Play Art" starring Lord Cheapington, The Duke of Wombert, and Sir Shipsalot.

I'm going to echo some of the other CAGs in saying that the Joystiq Podcast and the CAGcast were my top two podcasts. I didn't hate the format change for Joystiq, but now that they are not doing a weekly podcast anymore, the CAGcast is number one baby.

Glad to hear that Ship is doing well. Keep up the great work guys.

Awesome cagcast as always, system update for PSN plus has to be setup, it does install automatically. if you havn't set this up then yes it doesn't work still. I've played games 4 or 5 months later and the update was already completed. It holds a 6 month period. I think it works well, dispite the need to bash Sony for no reason.

Best CAGcast in a while, and even when it's slow it's still my favorite. Thanks for always doing this. You guys rock, and your chemistry is really what makes the show.

Disappointed in Joystiq also. I had altogether abandoned IGN's podcasts in favor of the Joystiq podcast. It was funnier and more informative (oddly enough). If they were no longer feeling motivated to do the show, I guess I understand. But they should have said it that way rather than explaining that they had all these new hopes for how the show could be.

Seriously, if I order a damn Chicken Parm sub, I want a Chicken parm sub. I don't care if the cook has a bunch of ambitions for things he could do to change up my Chicken parm sub. The Joystiq guys really should have understood that their audience tuned in to hear that show, not this other nonsense.

[quote name='ObiBen']I must have listened to the intro five or six times. Please add a section to the CAGcast called "We Only Play Art" starring Lord Cheapington, The Duke of Wombert, and Sir Shipsalot.

I'm going to echo some of the other CAGs in saying that the Joystiq Podcast and the CAGcast were my top two podcasts. I didn't hate the format change for Joystiq, but now that they are not doing a weekly podcast anymore, the CAGcast is number one baby.

Glad to hear that Ship is doing well. Keep up the great work guys.[/QUOTE]
That bit had me rolling. A "We Only Play Art" comic would be pretty funny too. Gotta add that to the to-do list behind "CheapyD and his Shitty Friends"

Awesome show glad to be listening again! What was the show Wombat mentioned? I think I found something similiar...but Wombat's sounded so much better T_T

So with the Cheapy makes Wombat play thing, I'm pretty sure Cheapy wins. He said price can't be a factor and the reason why Wombat wouldn't recommend the game, and then Wombat said he wouldn't recommend the game is because of the price.

Or am I missing something?

bread's done
Back