CAGcast #265: The $50,000 Poop

[quote name='testudo']I feel sad for you, Tai and Cheepy. Sad, sad, sad.[/QUOTE]

You are making a lot of assumptions about someone you do not know outside of a podcast. I think it's a little presumptuous to call Cheapy out for his parenting skills when you do not know him. You hear him tell his son "15 more minutes" because he is working and now he's a bad father? You are either trolling or being unfairly judgmental in this case.

[quote name='LiK']HAHAHA, that was a good poop story Cheapy. It was definitely worth $52k XD

I canceled my Vita preorder mainly because of the overpriced proprietary mem cards. I don't think I can stomach paying those prices for the cards. I only want the biggest one since I don't wanna buy another one if I run outta space. I might just wait for a sale or something. I do not want to pay full MSRP for them. The games are also too pricey at $50 so I'll wait for price drops for them as well. I'm gonna expect bomba sales for them anyway so I'll wait. My backlog is so huge that my interest in the Vita has gone way down.[/QUOTE]

Only ONE game is $50!

[quote name='orko60']Only ONE game is $50![/QUOTE]

And that's the only game I want.

I find Cheapy’s story highly suspect…

I listened to the poop story, coincidentally, on the shitter. The beginning of the story got me laughing, but then I began to doubt the likelihood of the events that transpired. I could not understand how poop could get on ones jeans that were not pulled down far enough.

I tried recreating the scenario, sans poop mind you, and could not pull my jeans up far enough that it would even remotely seem possible to get poop on them. The fact that it was a poop created out of constipation adds to the implausibility. Even if it was explosive diarrhea, it seems unlikely that it would be enough poop to match the size of “half a professional baseball.”

The only possibility I could see is if the poop in question was a massive dingle berry that clung to the recesses of Cheapy’s hairy ass, and dropped upon impact of him crawling down to the floor.

Am I alone in understanding how Cheapy’s magical poop escaped the confines of the toilet and created such a terrible mess on the floor?

[quote name='testudo']Very wrong. I have a son.[/QUOTE]

I bet that your son ends up having way more "issues" than than Tai.

[quote name='LiK']And that's the only game I want.[/QUOTE]

The only game I'm interested in is Wipeout 2048 which is only $30 and may possibly not require a memory card for saves, so I hoping to get a Vita at launch plus Wipeout for only $280.

Awesome podcast.

The poop story was totally worth the $50,000. Can't wait for next year's poop story!

Shipwreck - I usually don't agree with your game impressions but I have to 100% agree with you about Uncharted 3. I really enjoyed Uncharted 2 and was really looking forward to Uncharted 3 but boy oh boy was it disappointing. You hit the head on the nail about it trying to be more like Gears or something. I haven't heard any other gaming podcasts mention this, so I'm glad I'm not the only one out there who thought this. I feel like Uncharted 2 was an adventure game with shooter elements, and Uncharted 3 was a shooter with adventure elements. It makes a big difference.

[quote name='LiK']And that's the only game I want.[/QUOTE]
so you preordered a system for $250, knew that games would be around $40 each. Uncharted is $50 which is $10 over what you wanted to pay and since you sound like you wouldn't play much all you needed was a 4 gig memory card for only $30. I don't get the whining about pricing. Because the price differences isn't too bad. Cheapy sounds like he doesn't like the Uncharted series which is fine because it's not for everyone but for you to cancel a preorder over some crazy things doesn't make any sense to be honest. I look forward to Feb 15th so I can start playing away and I'm sure after you hear all the good things you'll be buying one. I appreciated Cheapy's opinions because they are just that. If he started playing a game series that he always enjoyed like Saints Row and then started ripping it, I'd give it some additional creedance.

Cheapy, I advise not telling the wife the "poop story." There are just some things that can't be unheard.

But, it was just so fucking funny.

[quote name='davidb69']so you preordered a system for $250, knew that games would be around $40 each. Uncharted is $50 which is $10 over what you wanted to pay and since you sound like you wouldn't play much all you needed was a 4 gig memory card for only $30. I don't get the whining about pricing. Because the price differences isn't too bad. Cheapy sounds like he doesn't like the Uncharted series which is fine because it's not for everyone but for you to cancel a preorder over some crazy things doesn't make any sense to be honest. I look forward to Feb 15th so I can start playing away and I'm sure after you hear all the good things you'll be buying one.[/QUOTE]

Like I said, I'll get it when the mem cards and games go on sale. If you plan on getting it day one, good for you. I'm not in a rush to grab it at launch.

CheapyD,

I really don't understand the reasoning of your criticism of the Playstation Vita. You're comparing a dedicated gaming platform to a cell phone that accidentally found itself in the gaming market and the only dedication to the gaming audience is from the developers and not from Apple. Also, when you criticise something (which you do often) you don't seem to give it a fair chance. Examples;

- Nintendo 3DS You only bought one game (Nintendogs) and didn't even bother trying Super Mario 3D land (which is one of the best games of 2011). You constantly critique the system that you never play. (what in reality isn't Nintendo's fault as of yet, because you haven't given it a chance).

- Kinect Once again, you only bought one game for it (Child of Eden) and refused to play 'Kinect Adventures' out of pure spite for the accessory you haven't really tried.

- Android I am not one of these annoying Android fans, who treats an OS like the second coming of Christ (Note: I'm a Windows Phone 7 user, former iOS user.). You've had one interaction with the OS (Kindle Fire), that is not a reason to dismiss the entire OS.

Your obsession and allegiance to Apple is bizarre. Don't get me wrong, Apple is great but you seem to compare everything to an Apple Product (primarily iPhone). What is both and unfair and idiotic. You're allowed to like something, but to dismiss everything but an Apple product is odd, almost like Steve Jobs' spirit has embedded himself into you. Don't label me as a 'fanboy' to dismiss what I'm saying, but I really do feel like your attitude (on the show) needs to change and you need to be the open-minded CheapyD that you used to be in the earlier CAGcasts. In the 2006-2008 era of the podcast, you would say that you have a dispensable income, plenty of time, so you would try obscure (and interesting) things to talk about on the show. I really miss this, and in general really miss the effort you used to put in the show. The show now seems like a chore to both you and Wombat (not as bad) with Shipwreck being the only one enthused about any topic, discussion or game. You come of as a bitter person so set in his ways that thinks everything else is worthless and any person using them is a lesser being.

Please, I miss the quality the show used to have.

I can't believe I listened to that entire story. I feel so dirty.

Edit: New here but started listening to the podcast in October. Very entertaining.

I just started listening to the podcasts with the 2011 GOTY one and I went back and listened to a good majority of 2011's podcasts during this horrendously long break. Glad to have a new show to keep me entertained at work. I can't believe I laughed so hard at a poop story.

As far as Cheapy's thoughts on the Vita are concerned, I'm really not surprised. Cheapy doesn't strike me as a portable gamer type. While his desire for the Vita to be like an iPhone isn't a fair comparison to make, I do see where he's coming from. It's hard for a consumer to throw down $250 for a Vita if he/she has a smart phone that can do even more than the Vita can. That's not saying that the iOS and Android games are better than something like Uncharted or LittleBigPlanet but for the average consumer, spending $.99 on a crappy little game seems like a much better option than spending $30-$50 on one. Phones are also incredibly accessible. Most people have their phones on them at nearly all times, so taking it out to play a game is not a hassle. I don't see many people carrying a Vita around with them nearly as much.

You're also already paying for a data package on a phone. Who in their right mind would add a Vita 3G charge onto that just to game online? Especially when the PS3 is free to play. I think the Vita is going to be a tough sell. As it was mentioned on the show, the Vita is going to appeal to the hardcore gamer. Unfortunately, given the Wii/Kinect sales, those gamers do not dominate the market.

It's so good to have you guys back - the break was too long!

Cheapy, I think you broke a new record. That's right, I do believe you said "basically" 47 times in one podcast. Never thought you could do it but you were in rare form. Listen back to the show - you use that word more than Smurfs say Smurf.

[quote name='Mayday']You only bought one game (Nintendogs) and didn't even bother trying Super Mario 3D land (which is one of the best games of 2011). You constantly critique the system that you never play. (what in reality isn't Nintendo's fault as of yet, because you haven't given it a chance).[/QUOTE]

Why would someone play a game that he doesn't want to play? No one will ever say "boy this game I have no interest in playing has really gotten me to love this system." If a system hasn't provided any games worth playing, that is a completely valid criticism.

Great Cagcast. Ship throwing out some seriously funny lines earns him the MVP of this episode.

Also, did I hear that Cheapy only owns two pairs of jeans? You'd think by working at home he'd wear something comfortable all day.. so, if not jeans, then what? Track pants? Pajama bottoms? Nothing?!? I tried getting away with wearing only boxers once and my wife almost killed me. It looked like two un-breaded fishsticks wearing shorts.

"Don't poop on the floor. That's for daddy." :')
Alan Wake no longer being in New England was a shock.

holyshits.png

Who the hell said this was fine, btw? This stuff makes me cry myself to sleep at night, man. Hard to get that smell out of the wood floors.

CheapyD's first poop story was disturbing and funny, this is just sad from a grown man. lol
hey shipwreck, just got udraw for 30 also, and marvel for 10 extra(at gamestop)
just beat marvel, 5 hour plat. good stuff ;)
also click the orange button in the top left when full and you power up, i didnt know that til last 5 minutes of trying to get trophies, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great poop story, I think we need a Poop story thread so we can all share, I have a couple bad ones from being a mailman and being far away from my truck when it happens

Hearing CheapyD describe the Vita as a "PSP 2 with a second analog stick and a better screen" is all I wanted. I think that the PSP is a fine system and am up for an upgraded version.

Another great episode, duders.

I'm absolutely on the side of caution with Cheapy as far as Mass Effect 3. I was so underwhelmed by Mass Effect 2 for a variety of reasons. And I managed to read the leak that got out about story and character details and...dear god, I hope they change all of it. Was dumb as fuck. I'm sure I'll rent it in March just because of my investment after finishing the first two games, but I don't have a ton of faith in Bioware these days.

But I couldn't disagree more with Cheapy on Grand Theft Auto V. The grating wackiness (and bad driving) of Saints Row needs to stay far, far away from GTA. Which is what I expect really. I don't think Rockstar is in panic mode after selling 22 million copies of IV.

I loved the core game in IV, but like Shipwreck, I thought the DLC episodes were even better. Rockstar taking cues from those, the world and organic side activities in Red Dead, and the what looks to be fantastic combat in Max Payne 3 will hopefully make for a great game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm surprised that no one has commented on SOPA. Cheapy, Wombat, and Shipwreck I implore you to read up on SOPA a little more. Blocking of foreign sites is only part of the issue. The bigger issue is the power that companies are given with regards to sites in the US.

Great Cagcast! Yeah Uncharted 3 was a little disappointing, the action scenes were amazing but the story, broken controller before the patch, and constant beat down from rockets + genades made this weaker than part 2.

Hilarious poop story Cheapy, now if you can only combine that with a spider story somehow.... :D

Anyone else catch the Star Wars force power bit that Wombat did with chepie? I don't think cheapie even noticed it. Cheapie " there are only 3 star wars movies" Wombat (Like a jedi doing a Jedi mind trick) "there are only 3 star wars movies" :)

[quote name='bickle']I thought the shooting in Uncharted 2 was excessive, haven't tried 3 yet. I kinda felt it jumped the shark in 2 when Drake was able to take a rocket launcher in the face and keep on truckin'.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='apathylad']I'm in the middle of playing Uncharted 3 right now, and I'm getting pretty annoyed with getting killed in one shot by a rocket launcher. [/QUOTE]

Internet. I hate you. The end.

bread's done
Back