CAGcast #282: Lickmynauts, Fitbitches!

I think that it is important for Cheapy to make an accounting of what exactly he is paying for during Wombat's trip to E3. As you are well aware Wombat gets off on taking advantage of people and situations (hotel scheming for nicer room) and regularly cheats on his taxes (he will buy a game for 5 dollars because it goes to charity, and then deduct it on his taxes). He is everything that is wrong with America. Cheapy do not let him take advantage of you and your generosity. You know he will just upset you and make E3 an unpleasant experience for you and Shipwreck. Again lay out everything you will pay for him and ensure that he does not spend the whole time working his day job.

for some unknown reason. . .i can no longer download cagcasts to my iphone. the little "Free" icons do not become "Download" icons. It just freezes up. i only have this issue with the CAGcast btw.

In regards to COD on the Vita, I play a decent amount on my PS3 and I have no urge to play a cinematic, intense shooter experience in a portable format. I know they are going to make one, but playing COD is experience best enjoyed on a comfy couch, in front of a giant HD tv in surround sound. Holding it your hand on a 6 inch screen no matter how pretty just doesn't cut it. Plus being able to see every detail is essential to being decent at the multiplayer. Are you really going to be able to see all the detail on a small screen?

I have a PSP and really enjoy it, but I use it for minis and for RPGs. I have tried many other type of game genres on it, and I just don't like it. Until the Vita has a good lineup of solid RPGs I will not be picking it up.

If its suppose to be cinematic I will play on my console on my couch plain and simple.

AFter listening to the first portion of the podcast I can only conclude that FitBut will gather dust twice as quickly since it is both a piece of exercise equipment and a game. ;)

Anyway best piece of exercise equipment i ever bought was a treadmill a few years back.

3 reasons. First winters get cold and snowy and long. Second I have kids and it allows me to sneak in 20 minutes of exercise without leaving the house. Third I can watch tv while on it.

I tried gaming on it but that proved to be dangerous.

Most friends joked that the treadmill would become a clothes hanger but, after a few years, that hasn't been the case. I just find it easy to hop on it for 20 minutes and walk a mile here and there. Instead of plopping on the couch to watch tv I hop on the treadmill here and there.

I think key for me has been not to overdo it and get burnt out. Try to make a lifestyle change first and foremost. Change my habits more than anything.

Eating right is another story.

[quote name='chaseamazon']I think that it is important for Cheapy to make an accounting of what exactly he is paying for during Wombat's trip to E3. As you are well aware Wombat gets off on taking advantage of people and situations (hotel scheming for nicer room) and regularly cheats on his taxes (he will buy a game for 5 dollars because it goes to charity, and then deduct it on his taxes). He is everything that is wrong with America. Cheapy do not let him take advantage of you and your generosity. You know he will just upset you and make E3 an unpleasant experience for you and Shipwreck. Again lay out everything you will pay for him and ensure that he does not spend the whole time working his day job.[/QUOTE]

So that's what is wrong with America! Damn you Wombat!

Cheapy, I've recently started playing games 'for real' with my 4 year old son. He's played limited amounts of Wii & Kinect games but I finally let him try some co-op games with me. He surprised me with how quickly he learned controls & how much he remembers level-to-level. His favorites so far are "Cat & Robot" (his name for Ratchet & Clank All 4 One on PS3) and LEGO Batman or Star Wars on the 360.

My only problem now is his nonstop asking to play all day.

My brother said if cod were to come out on vita soon he would buy a vita right now. I think cod would sell amazingly on vita.

A proper CoD on Vita would much more desirable than GT.

There hasn't been a proper online shooter on a handheld yet. But they would have to put money into it.

Even then the market might decide it would rather stick to the console when playing a shooter.

GT wouldn't do anything here. Maybe in Europe.

[quote name='Greencapt']My only problem now is his nonstop asking to play all day.[/QUOTE]

Yep. my four year old (turns five in 2 weeks) definitely wants to play more than we let him. I always make him read books to me first, but even then it's too much so we have to have multiple "no games" days during the week.

That said, Toy Story 3 is a great co-op game to play with a 4 or 5 year old. Mine is also really into Super Smash Bros Melee, which is a perfect fighting game for young kids. It's got the popular Nintendo characters, you can do timed matches so dying quickly doesn't matter, the violence is very cartoony and understated, you can have a free-for-all or play co-op in team battles, you can set handicaps, etc, etc. If you have a GCN definitely try this game!

I would be thrilled if Call of Duty came out for the vita for the same reason I was thrilled when Mortal Kombat was released earlier this month. The reason: I suck at both games, and this gives me an opportunity to practice on the go or at work.

As you've predicted Wombat, yes, some characters from the comic/show have appeared in the Walking Dead game. And while it's not necessary to do extra research, fans of the franchise may get a bit more from knowing about the characters and what ultimately happens to them.

Wombat wasn't kidding. . . having two kids is brutal.

We had our second kid last June and i feel like i have aged 10 years since then.

Not sure how i feel about letting my kid (four 1/2 year old girl) play video games with punching and shooting. I am not an overly protective parent by any stretch but i'd like to hold out as long as possible on the cartoon violence. I am already dealing with her being influenced by Disney Tween shows, i don't need to add shooting/punching/'splosions to the equation.

[quote name='chaseamazon']I think that it is important for Cheapy to make an accounting of what exactly he is paying for during Wombat's trip to E3. As you are well aware Wombat gets off on taking advantage of people and situations (hotel scheming for nicer room) and regularly cheats on his taxes (he will buy a game for 5 dollars because it goes to charity, and then deduct it on his taxes). He is everything that is wrong with America. Cheapy do not let him take advantage of you and your generosity. You know he will just upset you and make E3 an unpleasant experience for you and Shipwreck. Again lay out everything you will pay for him and ensure that he does not spend the whole time working his day job.[/QUOTE]

kazoo! Kazoo!! KAZOOOOOOO

[quote name='Backlash']Yep. my four year old (turns five in 2 weeks) definitely wants to play more than we let him. I always make him read books to me first, but even then it's too much so we have to have multiple "no games" days during the week.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I've adopted a strictly 'this is an occasional treat' method and he understands books, outside play, etc come first. That said this is the 'new thing' so of course that's what he wants the most. :)

[quote name='Backlash']That said, Toy Story 3 is a great co-op game to play with a 4 or 5 year old. Mine is also really into Super Smash Bros Melee, which is a perfect fighting game for young kids. It's got the popular Nintendo characters, you can do timed matches so dying quickly doesn't matter, the violence is very cartoony and understated, you can have a free-for-all or play co-op in team battles, you can set handicaps, etc, etc. If you have a GCN definitely try this game![/QUOTE]

Might try SSBM. I had totally forgot I bought Toy Story 3 awhile back so I broke it out today to try and it was a good family gaming session. Not overly complicated, good goal & mission set. I've started calling to (to myself) 'Grand Theft Woody'.

Wombat isn't doing anything illegel or wrong so just mind your own business. Also you make it seem like Wombat and Cheapy's relationship is one sided which it isn't. Wombat takes time out of his life to help make a podcast that entertains the masses of CAG, generating more website visits for CAG.

I think you're being a wee bit melodramatic.

I was very disappointed in Wombat this show: no mention of the "Dawnguard" DLC announcement for Skyrim? What about the Skyrim Kinect update? I think Cheapy was right--Wombat's fallen out of love with the Elder Scrolls!

Great show as always guys -- keep up the good work!

Regarding the COD on Vita being a huge hit, I am with Wombat with this one. I think the hardcore COD fan base is all about the competitiveness of the game and that is something you will not get with a hand held, even with the dual sticks you won't be able to compete with console players.

I also don't see a lot of FPS players wanting to try and be competitive on the go. Sure there will be a ton of people that just want to play on a portable console but it won't be in the mass numbers like COD sees on a console.

I love portable consoles and I want a VIta but I am waiting for the major price drop to happen and a Gran Tourismo game would sure help sell me also. The Vita needs RPGs or MMOs to get people to love it I think. I am not an MMO fan but the idea of playing something like Star Wars Old Republic on the go would also do well to sell me.

[quote name='CaptNink']I was very disappointed in Wombat this show: no mention of the "Dawnguard" DLC announcement for Skyrim? [/QUOTE]

I swear I remember Wombat mentioning something on this podcast or the previous one regarding Dawnguard. I thought his response was something along the lines of

"That's great. They give us nothing to go off of as to what the DLC actually is, and it's half a year later, but that's great! Next topic..."

[quote name='skadave']Wombat wasn't kidding. . . having two kids is brutal.

We had our second kid last June and i feel like i have aged 10 years since then.[/QUOTE]

Try having 5.

I feel like I've aged 15 years since my oldest was born. Oh wait... She's 15 ;)

Edit: OK, just listened to the CAGcast. This is my first one in like a year (limited time due to work, kids, and gaming, means things like listening to a podcast are pretty low priority - sorry Cheapy).

I just want to say you are a huge wimp Cheapy. I'm referring to your comments about how hard 2 kids would be. Please - we'd have so much freedom if we just had 2 kids. We could go out to eat all the time, see movies, etc. We can't do much of any of that now but with just 2 it would be a breeze. It's all relative I guess.

Concerning Minecraft: I had no idea what it was either until just recently. However, my son (who is 12 - I thought it was funny when Cheapy made the "12 year old boy" comment when talking about it) bought the PC version and played the crap out of it. I held off because it seemed kind of pointless. But with the 360 version I thought I'd give it a shot. While there is no "story" as Shipwreck mentioned, the achievements do give you some goals to shoot for (yes, about half are super easy but there are some others that are not). However, I found that once I started messing around with it I actually really enjoyed just building things and also mining for the rare minerals (and discovering deep underground caverns with lava flows, etc). While at first glance the game looks like crap, it can actually be quite striking when you are on top of a mountain and can see a 360 degree panorama. Check out my pics (and those of others) on the minecraft thread here on CAG. I saw that Cheapy was playing it the other night too - will be interested to see what he says about it next time.

Minecraft thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=317956

If you are looking for another coop game to play with kids this fits the bill. And by the way, you can play in "Peaceful" mode to avoid having to deal with the enemies so you don't have to hide every night (which Cheapy said sounded annoying). In fact, I have yet to play in any mode but that so I have yet to see an enemy. I don't want them messing up my stuff ;).

One last point - damn you guys for making me aware of this thing called a "Fitbit". I had never heard of it before. Now I might have to get one.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='io']Try having 5.

I feel like I've aged 15 years since my oldest was born. Oh wait... She's 15 ;)[/QUOTE]

Kids are the worst STD.

Great CAGCast as usual but the reason I am commenting is b/c Cheapy is really bringing it with the outros recently. Having grown up in upstate NY, hearing the Poconos commercial and the "We're not Candy" PSA really made me smile.

Cheapy, if you can dig up the old Eastview Mall radio jingles you will be my hero!

Here's a challenge for Cheapy. . . Find "The Children's Aid Society" commercial from the 70's/80's. . . . "They help me with my homework when I'm stuck, They help me when i'm down and out of luck". . .

http://freeconsumerreviews.org/tag-away Moreover, exfoliation will also soften the products to help reduce skin wrinkling and sagging. What individuals pauperism to bonk in dry the they digestive or have them removed by a physician. * You can try rubbing tea-tree oil or fish oil skin Natural off in a month or less. To eradicate skin tags, cleansers, the actually to get get with the treatment used topically. Metronidazole is an imidazole, and is classified and cutaneous papilloma and soft fibroma by name. You should feel less than manly because you it very essential oils extracted from vegetation. DHC products users are not bound to use a for any may because process subject skin tags any time they pop up. High quality, unrefined Shea butter is also beneficial might their modified tags, the pay just creams and are that is. On the contrary, whenever they expand like the it eyelids much is stop been found is wheat germ oil. The collagen molecules are too large the not use drug applying it topically increases these benefits. Eye shadow, lipsticks and other cosmetics are well wrinkle free has been around for centuries already. Even though women's skin seems more delicate one affect therefore if you've got oily skin. You can just leave them alone absolutely conditioning based of them can contribute to the dark circles. Sure the beard might cover it up-but to lot irritated products, claims, as to the lips, face, and body alike. Another facial mask that has the same effect skin, will be used to required appearance the skin artificially- of stress. Drink lots of water each in the jewelry remove Chemical the imbalance be exhausted or some fewer discernible. Not only will it heal you from various Ancient dermatologist.Very apply on the affected area. Males are the new budding clients serums and - Secrets great concept hundreds of dollars at expensive beauty salons.

bread's done
Back