CAGcast #284: A Masculine Name

Can you guys stop talking about the fitbit now? You sound like my mom talking about: weight-watchers, jenny craig, atkins, and so on...

According to ticketmaster, games 1&2 of the cup are in LA. You'll at least get to witness the 1st or 2nd game in the Devil's sweep of the Kings

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Can you guys stop talking about the fitbit now? You sound like my mom talking about: weight-watchers, jenny craig, atkins, and so on...[/QUOTE]

:lol: Hate to agree, but unless they come on board as an advertiser it's time to 86 the fitbit talk.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Can you guys stop talking about the fitbit now? You sound like my mom talking about: weight-watchers, jenny craig, atkins, and so on...[/QUOTE]

68% of Americans are overweight or obese. Any fitness talk is probably a good idea.

p.s. I hate the "I have some cool information but I can't say it". It sucks, makes you look douchey, and is terrible conversation to listen to. Save it for your private conversations, please

I can't imagine that chrome Xbox 360 controller is great long-term if you're not washing your hands before using it.

The Twilight Zone Kickstarter is to get the licenses so they can release it as DLC for Pinball Arcade.

[quote name='xlaxparkax']i was pretty excited for Max Payne 3, but the aiming system and the repetitive nature of the game (cut scene, shoot x amount of bad guys, repeat) bored me to death.
[/QUOTE]
I love the game but the aiming is horrible. Free aim...forget it!

Wombat! 'preciate the Mutant League Hockey reference. Just picked up a genesis 1, Mutant League Football & Hockey. Dammit these need to be remade!

Not sure if you guys were serious about the renting the movie screen idea... But I live in downtown LA and could go ask for some quotes...

LMK

Cheapy, maybe a meet up at a Bar/Restaurant with a few hour time frame (so you guys can leave when you want/need to), let people get their own drinks and stuff, but give us the opportunity to hang out with other CAGS and with you guys. Movie idea is a good idea, but there wouldn't be much interaction with anyone....

Cheapy: can you please clarify how much you paid for last year's party? Also what makes you feel gross about paying for the party? Was it the fact that the owner of the bar was drunk when you had to pay him?

Wombat: don't think you're going to get away with anything im watching you!!!

I'm in agreement with some of the previous commenters in that renting out a movie theater is pretty much the worst idea possible for a community event. The purpose should be to hang out with the community and have a few laughs, hopefully at Wombat's expense, and not to pay for someone's ticket for a movie they could just as easily watch without you, however, a Mystery Science Theatre=like event with the CAG hosts would definitely be a must-see attraction.

Being a long-time listener of the CAGcast, I understand the objective with most things surrounding the show is to put forth as little effort as possible.

After very little thought on my part, a community laser tag event appears to be a good option given that E3 is only a week away. I've included contact information for the two closest locations, both of which are less than thirty minutes away from the convention center as reservations are encouraged.

Ultrazone Laser Tag
231 E Main St, Alhambra, CA 91801
Phone: (626) 282-6178
Web site: http://www.lalasertag.com
Directions: http://google/maps/7fCL

Ultrazone Laser Tag
14622 Ventura Blvd Ste 208
Phone: (818) 789-6620
Web site: http://www.zonehead.com/
Directions: http://google/maps/hocG

How is laser tag better than an Avengers movie?

1. CAGs will actually be able to interact with one another.

2. Gaming event for a community of gamers, complete with leaderboards for possible prizes.

3. Just think of all the activity that will be recorded by your Fitbit.

4. The cost of the event will likely be cheaper than renting a screen in a movie theater.

5. Events can be scheduled complete with definite ending times.

If laser tag doesn't sound appealing, I'd recommend scheduling a Meet 'n Greet at one of the local eateries, food trucks included, in order to provide people a chance to meet the CAG hosts as well as talk to fellow cheap ass gamers.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's wrong with just finding a nice restaurant in the area with a party room that can accommodate 30 or so people, and everyone shows up and buys their own dinner? I don't see why Cheapy should be expected to pay for everyone.

[quote name='Corvin']So running around in the dark is better than sitting around in the dark? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Too funny. Any event that would allow people to interact is better than sitting in the dark for 2 1/2 hours.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Especially after a day of walking all around a convention center.[/QUOTE]

Participation by the hosts is completely optional, as we know some of the CAG hosts are in better shape than others.

I think a Prometheus movie cagmeet-up would be pretty cool.
I guess it would have to be a June 7th midnight showing though which probably isnt good for anyone who is flying back on june 8th.
Show up around 11pm ish hang out.. then movie at midnight.

depending on price. cheapy probably wouldnt even have to rent out a whole theatre. Just maybe buy 100-200ish tickets instead.

why rent out anything?
just hang out at a bar/movie theatre/whatever at a certain time and if you show up, hang out.
where does the need to rent anything out come into play?

if you do need to rent something please call it CAX.

[quote name='undiegnome']Participation by the hosts is completely optional, as we know some of the CAG hosts are in better shape than others.[/QUOTE]
I don't think Wombat, Shipwreck, and Cheapy will be the only ones that went to E3, which is why they seem to want to pick places where they can relax to have the party.

Well I'm afirly sure that's the Hosts would want something in extreme proximity to the Convention/Hotels Area..

Lucky Strike Bowling Alley (inside LA Live, next to Nokia Theater)

Hooters (across the street from Convention Center)

Little Tokyo (general area with shops and stuff, be funny for Cheapy to go to Little Tokyo)

Pre or Post E3 PICNIC or BEACHBASH... if this is out of they way for our hosts I will personally drive them to and from at no cost... =D

Any number of Bars... Bring your own Booze Cash....

Renting a Conference Room at the HoTel, and make it a POTLUCK style gettogether... Set up consoles and screens and BAM! Instant CAG party!!

Hope you get your PC update soon Shipwreck! Would hate to wait for those updates if I were in your shoes too.... also I'd like to say that ever since I've been listening to the cagcast since July 2011 and since you guys are SO FREAKING HILARIOUS... I've decided to... and I know this is pretty crazy but...

I'm going to listening all of the cagcast episodes from #1 to the recently updated ones. And I'm going to be listening at least 10 episodes a day. But I mean, this may be pretty easy since just looking at cagcast #1 it's only approximately 6 minutes long haha...

But seriously, you guys make a make an awesomeNAUTS (see what I did there...*winkwink*... I know lame joke...) but yeah, I want to see how you've guys changed over the course of 7 years, when did Shipwreck get into the cagcast (since I only heard Wombat and CheapyD on the first 10 cagcasts') but also to see history going through it's course.

It'll be really interesting for me, maybe hearing you can talk about some product you guys will think will be crazy good and ends up being a piece of ****... or even listening about Tai's birth in 2007 when I do get near that episode and just knowing how well of a boy he is now 5 years later...

IT'S GOING TO BE CRAZYYYYYYYY!

(p.s. I didn't know where else to post this so if you guys delete this because it's in the wrong thread I will cry ); so I'll just also add if my first few sentences didn't count as show feedback... GREAT PODCAST :D)

Cheapy - I'm sorry you're Forza poor! If you still play the game some and want some credits I could part with a few million. Put a Ford Fiesta or something cheap up in the auction house with a 5 million credit starting price and buyout for 24 hours... send me an xlive message when and I'll buy it. No strings attached. My tag is demonhellcat

"Clone of Plumber Crack"

That is the movie I want to see.

I agree with Wombat that a monthly subscription to digital comics would be awesome.

Ya know, with the new interest in PC gaming (which is awesome, btw, even if you do sound look noobs when you talk about them :) ), I'm surprised you all didn't seek out a new sponsor. Doghouse Systems makes high end PCs and sponsors several podcasts I listen to, specifically The Instance, Starcast, and This week in Blizz.

Perhaps if Shipwreck's computer doesn't come (which has sounded sketchy from the beginning), that might be an alternative. Perhaps the proceeds could get Wombat in on the fun.

FWIW, I've never used them though the site and specs look solid (I build mine--more fun (and cheaper) that way)

bread's done
Back