CAGcast #285: The Pre E3 Airing of the Grievances

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I like that Cheapy's E3 list was fairly unselfish while Wombat's list was 100% selfish.[/QUOTE]

I don't think that's accurate, at least not my intention.

[quote name='Wombat']I don't think that's accurate, at least not my intention.[/QUOTE]
Your list was mostly about you grabbing free stuff on the show floor while Cheapy had a lot of points about you, Shipwreck, or the group as a whole.

[quote name='CheapyD']Just a fan, I believe.[/QUOTE]

Cheapy, if you are ever in Rochester I will treat you to a plate and the antacid needed for the next day. Last time i took an out of towner to Nick's (sales guy visiting from California) he surely did not make any friends on the plane ride home (said he spent half the flight in the bathroom).

Anyways i will try to have one in your honor this week...

I watched both Drive and that Sex Slaves report CheapyD mentioned just last night. Bad combination. I had a dream that we went on a heist. Cheapy and Shipwreck raided the building, I got shot, and while looking for help I ended up in a hot tub with Wombat. We got hand jobs from beautiful women while Robert De Niro smoked a cigar and watched.

Thank god CheapyD and Shipwreck didn't like Drive. movie was just out of place and annoying. All this Drive love is ridiculous. It's really a weak movie with an annoying main character that has no reason not to talk then random scenes of violence that is more lol than anything. /driverant

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Your list was mostly about you grabbing free stuff on the show floor while Cheapy had a lot of points about you, Shipwreck, or the group as a whole.[/QUOTE]

Kazoo!

I only imagine that's because Wombat has his dander up from the reaction he got from the 2010 E3 trip (listen to E3 2010 Not So Collectors Edition to hear Wombat get lambasted) and he's just letting it be known that he's not going to be shamed for taking swag this time around.

It's great how Shipwreck is up for recording videos of you guys just wandering around, checking out the show and talking about the games. I love this man!

Hope you guys enjoy E3. I have gone a few times and will be there Tuesday, it is my version of boys week out. I heard the list you guys made on cagcast, it sounds like you have a good time together. I meet my friends at E3 and sometimes it is the only time we see one another each year. We go from men with kids, marriages, mortgages, too many work hours to giddy young kids playing and joking all day with minimal contact with the outside world. Have a blast guys, we will too!!!

P.S. Wombat grab all the free shit you can hold (or Shipwreck) , but know if they throw out exclusive skylanders for my daughter I will knock the crowd over to get one for her lmao!

Dang pretty comment-less for a CAGcast but I guess it's expected on a pre-E3 show

@Wombat
Man I've always stuck up for Wombat (in my mind) but him complaining about being so needed at work sounds so whiney it's off putting...

If you are that important you wouldn't complain about how much money you make

sorry..../rant
can't wait for the next show

Maybe I missed it somewhere but can we get the full specs of Cheapy's computer? I'm thinking of adding a PC to my home theater room and want one I won't have to upgrade for awhile.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Your list was mostly about you grabbing free stuff on the show floor while Cheapy had a lot of points about you, Shipwreck, or the group as a whole.[/QUOTE]

True, but most of his points concerning Shipwreck and Wombat mainly involved making sure he don't look bad. From the sounds of things Shipwreck gets it on how to be "low key". And apparently Wombat needs to take a lesson in this.

While Wombat's points were about himself because he couldn't give a rats arse what the other two guys are doing. He's just glad to go out and have fun. I would tend to look at this as non-judgmental thinking as opposed to selfish.

Outside of the jump button and some of the interactions with the environment missing (turning faucets, opening drawers,etc.), I thought everything in Max Payne 3 carried over quite well (better than Part 1 and on par with Fall of Max Payne if I had to rank).

It sounded like Shipwreck was still "butthurt" that it wasn't made by the same exact people who did the first two games because his comments sounded more like he did a speed run or watched an episode of "Let's Play" instead of playing through the game to enjoy how much this new crew added things (animated panels, tv clips, clues, gun parts, more music instead of the same three themes, etc.) that made MP3 so good (after all he didn't even try multiplayer).

If Redbox had the PS3 disc or both Xbox discs available, would Shipwreck have played the game all the way through? Nevertheless, I'm glad CheapyD liked it.

Good episode.

[quote name='KtMack23']I find it ironic that "Cheapy"D spends more money on gaming than anyone else I know.[/QUOTE]

This.

It's been this way for years. I love the show, but it would be cool if they could focus on deals/older games in the podcast. Some sort of feature that forces them to descend from their ivory towers/Ohio mansions...

Nice podcast. Have fun at E3 Cheapy, Wombat and Ship.

And Cheapy you shouldn't feel weird about not wanting to pay for a booze party for semi-strangers.

Cheapy, why did you need such a large pc (it sounded like a full tower)? There are sff cases out now, that can accommodate full size graphics cards or two in SLI (or an expansion card), the i7 processor you have, a couple hard drives, a cd drive, full atx power supply, but use matx (smaller size) motherboards. I've used a gaming pc that is matx for years. This is just one example, there are tons of variations some bigger, some smaller, some cube shaped, some more like mini towers.

http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=196&area=en

SG01-FB-3-4.jpg

If you didn't want to go that small there are tons of slightly bigger mini or mid tower cases that would fit everything you need for a gaming pc. You don't need all of those expansion bays in a full tower anymore and graphics cards have actually gotten better in the last couple generations with regard to heat.

yo.. we got some hip hop heads in here?

DOPE!!

WHO is this Nasty P fella and HOW do I get in touch with him?

dope mix for sure!!

Intro/Outro: Nas vs Drive Sountrack - Nasty P / Hologram: Time Traveler

They are usually referred to as "sticks" of RAM, or if you want to be technically correct "memory modules", such as Dual Inline Memory Modules (DIMMs) or Small Outline Dual Inline Memory Modules (SO-DIMMs) for laptops.

Part of the culture of PC gaming is customizing your PC or "rig" to get the most out of it by overclocking, tweaking settings, and getting your hands dirty in the guts of what makes your system run.

You should start reading up on some PC gaming sites, like Rock Paper Shotgun, PC Gamer, Shacknews, and TIGSource for indie games.

Welcome to the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race.

I just platted Saints Row 3 and Prototype 2. Both great games.
also beat Max Payne 3 on Hard, Hardcore and OldSchool, 75%+ trophies.
All 3 games were so so great. The gameplay is fantastic. I traded all back in but im down for goty/cheap versions. Loved the Cagcast, Thank you!

and yeah slow mo dive was so hardcore ;) you beat it Cheapy?

Big thanks to Wombat.. I am just now tinkering with my 3DS and exploring options such as "Find Me" which relies on those play tokens (earned by walking with the 3DS in sleep mode). After Wombat mentioned that his Fitbit was picking up train movement as footsteps, it inspired me to throw my 3DS in my car to see if it would accumulate "steps" on my daily commute. Needless to say, Mission Accomplished.

bread's done
Back