CAGcast #295: Live From Gamescom, Maybe

[quote name='CheapyD']He wasn't making a joke.[/QUOTE]

i didnt know racial, religious, sexual insensitivity was ok if it is draped with the cloths of a joke. Its your site and you can do what you want but it looks a tad bit hypocritical. What the guy said was wrong, but some type of effort to warn him or let him plead his case to you would be more fair, if you wanted to ban him after, then that is fine. Chances are the poster was still an impressionable kid or teenager that was raised in a culture of ignorance and thus is just spouting out what he had been taught, he might have learned something if you reached out. Instead this will be another example, in his mind, how a jew punished him for speaking the truth.

My other point is you should operate on a single set of morals for the whole of the populous. If you deem the word "jap" offensive you cant use it no matter what, its even worse if you are married to a Japanese person and worse still if your child is Japanese, you aren't respecting your relationship and your own blood. If you feel you can say that word, then so should everyone else, you cant admonish others while giving yourself a pass. Thats how tyranny is born.

PS, can you buy me a lobster meal next time you guys are in LA for e3? i live like 15 minutes from the convention center. }:>)

As a "jap", I think davucini's got a point. I found it ironic you threw that out there in the same show as the jew coment banning.

Cheapy, you have back spasms. My last episode started from me reaching for a soda on the bottom shelf of the fridge. Get your doc to perscribe you Soma (good stuff and they work). My back problem is from inactivity. I never had back issues working in construction. It only happened after a year of staying home with the kids.

I have this juicer http://www.amazon.com/Breville-800J...ie=UTF8&qid=1345179312&sr=8-8&keywords=juicer and it is the shit. It will not help your shit though, because it removes most of the fiber from the fruits and veggies. I drink the juice with vitamins, fish oil, and a protein supplement and it keeps me satiated most of the day when I start the day this way. The only thing that sucks with juicing is cleaning up.

[quote name='KillingMachine']You guys pretty much summed up exactly the way I feel about Penny Arcade. Of course, now you've probably brought down their wrath upon you. With all of the great, actual video game related Kickstarter projects people could have backed instead, I find it pretty disappointing that this wasn't laughed off as a joke.[/QUOTE]

I'll second this. Thanks for bringing it up. I really don't understand why people blindly follow Penny Arcade, their comic strips aren't even that great most of the time and they seem like a bunch of douchebags that need to get over themselves. It's really annoying when people whine which they seem to do a lot of. It was similar to all that rambling Dennis Dyack did with Too Human, you made a shitty game, get over it and move on.

[quote name='Icedus']I'm a Wombat man. I'll always be a Wombat man, now and forever. But I don't think it's fair to completely write off previous systems' games like that. [/QUOTE]
I have to agree with that. There are plenty of games from past consoles I would like to play, but I have no interest in going through all the trouble of getting an old system, a copy of the game and hooking up the whole thing up to the TV. If on the on the other hand I could play these games on a handheld (at a reasonable price) I'd be all over them. I'm sure there are many other gamers who have games from the past they would like to play if they where cheap and convenient.

[quote name='davucini']i didnt know racial, religious, sexual insensitivity was ok if it is draped with the cloths of a joke. Its your site and you can do what you want but it looks a tad bit hypocritical. What the guy said was wrong, but some type of effort to warn him or let him plead his case to you would be more fair, if you wanted to ban him after, then that is fine. Chances are the poster was still an impressionable kid or teenager that was raised in a culture of ignorance and thus is just spouting out what he had been taught, he might have learned something if you reached out. Instead this will be another example, in his mind, how a jew punished him for speaking the truth.

My other point is you should operate on a single set of morals for the whole of the populous. If you deem the word "jap" offensive you cant use it no matter what, its even worse if you are married to a Japanese person and worse still if your child is Japanese, you aren't respecting your relationship and your own blood. If you feel you can say that word, then so should everyone else, you cant admonish others while giving yourself a pass. Thats how tyranny is born.

PS, can you buy me a lobster meal next time you guys are in LA for e3? i live like 15 minutes from the convention center. }:>)[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure he was just kidding when he said that. Also, the guy came out and verbally attacked Cheapy on his own site, why shouldn't he ban him? I know I would.

[quote name='Mixer236']Pretty sure he was just kidding when he said that. Also, the guy came out and verbally attacked Cheapy on his own site, why shouldn't he ban him? I know I would.[/QUOTE]

oh he can ban him, it's just hypocritical that's all

[quote name='Mixer236']Pretty sure he was just kidding when he said that. Also, the guy came out and verbally attacked Cheapy on his own site, why shouldn't he ban him? I know I would.[/QUOTE]

thank you for reading my post, not using any perspective and asking me questions i had already answered in my previous post.

Im not asking cheapy to use my set of morals, i am asking him to use just one set of his own.

I actually see nothing wrong with Cheapy's choice in films.
I tend to like independent 'sleeper' movies myself, because the director don't have a Hollywood studio with their foot on his neck.
Just because the movies Cheapy watch don't have huge marketing budgets doesn't mean they're bad movies.

I saw the alternative new planet discovered movie called "Another Earth"- kind of depressing in parts as well but not all bad. I would recommend it.

"There's no feature on Xbox live Gold that's better than Playstation Plus." - Wombat

Except for more than double the cloud storage

Frontline the game. LOL. CheapyD you see the recent frontline about the real CSI. creepy stuff. peace and great cagcast.

and i love playing fft. lots of playstation talk ;) maybe i will get a vita in 4 years and get a bunch of games for free that i got for ps3.

great great show!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='EvilLizard']"There's no feature on Xbox live Gold that's better than Playstation Plus." - Wombat

Except for more than double the cloud storage[/QUOTE]

PS+ Cloud Storage bumping up to 1gig in Sept, I believe.

After seeing all the time and effort they put into Sleeping Dogs on the PC I knew I was going to pick it up eventually. But then with Cheapy D's glowing review on the CAGcast (I trust him on sandbox games like Saints Row the Third), I went ahead a bought it so I can support the developers early on.

Also anyone remember on the earlier podcasts how Cheapy D and Wombat would rag on PC games or just not mention them? It is good to see them come around.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='davucini']thank you for reading my post, not using any perspective and asking me questions i had already answered in my previous post.

Im not asking cheapy to use my set of morals, i am asking him to use just one set of his own.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I just happened upon that one sentence in your post and zeroed in on it... Sorry I completely skipped everything else.

I kinda like Wombat's idea of a PS3+Vita bundle. I think if you threw in all The Uncharted games plus the Vita game it might grab some people. Maybe not millions of people, but maybe you sell an extra two hundred thousands Vitas this holiday.

I think of Xbox Live as paying for cable. You get a lot of benefits most people don't pay attention to, but the biggest benefit you get is getting a lot of entertainment in cheap convenient package.

And can we get a pause on Cheapy declaring Double Dragons. Kristin Dunst is probably a B cup who maybe can fit in a C cup on a good day. I think living in Japan causes an over-inflation of breast size.

Those were definitely C's.

I'm willing to bet most of the naked breasts Cheapy sees are still on American or European women even though he lives in Japan.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']PS+ Cloud Storage bumping up to 1gig in Sept, I believe.[/QUOTE]

Isn't cloud storage only for game saves anyways? Who needs that much space for game saves?

Show Notes

0:00 Travel, getting old & injuries update
13:15 (Don't) Watch This: Melancholia
16:00 Watch This: Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead
18:45 Show Feedback
22:45 New Releases
22:45 Darksiders II
27:45 Sleeping Dogs
33:30 Dust: An Elysium Tale
39:30 Popo & Yo
49:00 Batman Lego II
50:45 Best Buy videogame clearance
51:30 Dead Island - success due to coplay?
54:45 Dragon Age: Origins DLC profits
57:30 Penny Arcade kickstarter
67:15 NBA2k13 - Dream Team
69:30 Black Ops II
72:00 Hype Wagon, sorta. Assassin's Creed III, Borderlands 2.
73:15 Sony Crossbuy program
78:45 Sony bundle suggestion
82:15 Need For Speed Most Wanted
85:00 PS1/PS2 games on the Vita?
87:30 PS+
89:30 Standing desk/Fitbit updates
91:30 TwitchTV setup

I agreed with their thoughts on Penny Arcade, and i still don't understand how the kickstarter itself wasn't a violation of the stated guidelines of kickstarter. I guess they (kickstarter) just couldn't turn down the chance to make an easy 25K.

It's actually eroded my faith in kickstarter's abilty to self-police.

[quote name='spid']And can we get a pause on Cheapy declaring Double Dragons. Kristin Dunst is probably a B cup who maybe can fit in a C cup on a good day. I think living in Japan causes an over-inflation of breast size.[/QUOTE]

No idea what size Dunst is, but almost everyone doesn't realize that cup size is relative to band size. 32Ds are much smaller than 38Ds. In fact, the cup volume for a 32D is about the same for 38A! So declaring a cup size without a band size means NOTHING. For some reason everyone is fixated on Ds or DDs being huge and Bs being small, but that just isn't necessarily the case.

This has been a public service announcement. The more you know...

I think Sony is just trying to do everything in its power not to drop the price on the Vita, which is the only thing that would make me consider one at this point. While I like the idea of buying one game and owning it on two systems, the price of buying into an all-new system virtually negates any savings from the promotion.

[quote name='Backlash']No idea what size Dunst is, but almost everyone doesn't realize that cup size is relative to band size. 32Ds are much smaller than 38Ds. In fact, the cup volume for a 32D is about the same for 38A! So declaring a cup size without a band size means NOTHING. For some reason everyone is fixated on Ds or DDs being huge and Bs being small, but that just isn't necessarily the case.

This has been a public service announcement. The more you know...[/QUOTE]

Pictures are worth a thousand words.

Great show guys!
I think it was Wombat who said on the previous show that he really enjoyed Bastion. I just wanted to say I just started playing it and am really enjoying it as well. It's got a great art style and character to it.

Ok Wombat... you seem pretty persistent on your can shooting ability. I guess I'll buy into your trick shooting skills.

Me and a few co-workers were talking about Melancholia, but they kind of blew it off. After telling them I heard it shows K.Dunst's double dragons, it moved to the top of several netflix queues. Thanks for the heads up.

BTW 32D > 38A.

I was thinking since you have steam now maybe you would like garrys mod.... its like minecraft with even less story :) I did get it on sale... weridly enough i like watching youtube clip in the game in the theater (yes a game that has a virtual movie theater in it)

When is the CAG broadcast from the Twitch TV booth? I thought Cheapy or somebody would have put a front page post about it, but I didn't see one.

Edit: Sunday, Noon-1pm at the Twitch TV booth.

bread's done
Back