CAGcast #297: Shipwreck Dreams of Borderlands

Great show like usual guys.

I have a movie recommendation for Cheapy. I know you like to cry during movies, so you should watch Nanking. When I watched this with some people all the girls were crying, so this would be perfect for you.

Watching this movie will also help you understand what this Diaoyu islands (senkaku islands) conflict is really all about. (I assume you hear a lot about it living in Japan and all.) Basically, Chinese people still hate Japan for events like those portrayed in this movie, and the hatred rises to the surface whenever anything World War Two is brought up.

[quote name='Horsewarrior of Janjaweed']I liked how the one guy asked a nice little question about the PSN store and Cheapy jumped his shit. PSN store remodeling? fuck THAT IS WHY SONY IS GOING OUT OF BUSINESS.[/QUOTE]

Which is funny considering how often in the past he complained about never finding things in the store...

Glad to see you guys are showing love for teh PC Gamingz. I agree it takes awhile to get accustomed to again after being on console for such a long time, but once you're in the "zone", you really start to appreciate it. :applause:

i am so sick and tired of fucking nintendo and their bullshit false scarcity. how the fuck can there be 5 million iphone 5s sold in one weekend and they are only going to release 350,000 wiius. i hate them more than fucking anything!!!!

cheapy your son sounds like a cat.

wombat dont mention your children ever.

shipwreck how do you plan on getting a wiiu?

thanks

Just finished listening to the podcast it was great, finally your doing a videopost can't wait where will it be uploaded.

[quote name='GaryZero']This is for Cheapy, check out The Man from Nowhere on Netflix streaming. Best martial arts movie in a long time. I challenge you not to cry. I think you will really like this movie.[/QUOTE]

Meh. The Raid, Kung Fu Panda 2, Reign of Assassins, 13 Assassins, Shaolin, Ip Man and Haywire are better choices imho.

Honestly I can't see what else Nintendo can do regarding the Wiimotes. There are just too many out there in circulation for Nintendo to completely abandon them. But they will be introducing a new controller in the form of the tablet, so Wombat's desire for a new Nintendo console to use a new kind of controller is (somewhat) fulfilled. My worry is that many of the Wii U games will play better with the Pro Controller or the Wiimotes, so there won't be much reason to play games on the Wii U that also come out on the 360/PS3.

I know that games requiring the Wiimotes be motion plus will be confusing at first to the market, but Nintendo needs to sever the regular Wiimotes from the consumer base. I think a majority of active Wii users will have bought at least one or two Wiimotes with motion plus and will therefore not have a problem with the Wii U launches.

Once the games are there I'll pick up a Wii U but I don't see the desire to get it at launch just because the games will be there eventually. There's a chance for a price drop or better bundles later on in the system's lifecycle.

Wombat, thanks for getting my prenup joke lol. And thanks for the room suggestion. But my wife deems me sitting next to her as quality time, even if I'm mentally lost in a game world and not watching tv with her. So going to another room might not sit well with her. We've barely been married a year so maybe with time it will. Thanks for the advice guys.

Enjoyed the CagCast! The Tokyo Game show doesn't sound like what I imagined at all from Cheapy's description, and I'm saddened to hear that it's more about phones than consoles

i think that your recording strategy was perfect this episode. Cheapy, make sure that you guys have "Skype problems" from now on when it comes to Wombat. His negativity and curmudgeonly ways bring the show down. when he's constructive, you guys are at your best. unfortunately, he usually just bitches and moans.
Love you guys. keep up the good work

Just got my nintendo power mag informing me December will be the last issue. Although nintendo dropped from being my primary console their magazine always had a great quality to it. I wonder who made the call on this one because that magazine had a rabid fanbase.

I liked Bayonetta, and my plan to buy a Wii U is to have the system forced into my cold, dead hands, and subsequently have the $300-something taken out of my cold, dead wallet.

Good show guys.

Isn't the Wii-U backwards compatible with Wii-gen games? If so, I have no problems if the non-Wii motion plus remotes continue to be supported on the "U" Why not allow the "non-plus" remotes to function with what will be the soon to be "last gen" Wii games that don't require the "plus" ?

Will it cause confusion if all new Wii-U games require the motion-plus controllers (which I would assume so)? Maybe, but how is that any different than the current setup of motion plus/non motion plus games on the Wii?

About game and console pricing:

WjVAk.png

[quote name='Backlash']About game and console pricing:

WjVAk.png
[/QUOTE]

It's an exponential slope.
PC: >$1000 for console, free games!!!*

*You know why :whistle2:#

Приветики! Девченки, выручайте.. нужен хороший рецепт пицы с курицей. Решила своих побаловать, а ничего толкового найти не могу.

Здравствуйте! Может кто знает.. нужен вкусный рецепт пицы с грибами. Хочу своих побаловать, а ничего толкового найти не могу.

bread's done
Back