CAGcast #304: Skum Baggins

Great show this week.

I guess Wombat already mentioned that he meant a GTA game where you're not a bad guy, rather than just a Rockstar game, but I immediately thought of Bully during the show when he was talking about it. Great game with a similar open wordlish, mission-based feel but much more original and you're the good guy, more or less. I'd love to see a sequel on a current-gen system. The whole point of GTA is that you are the bad guy. Gotta play a different series if that's not what you want (for the record, San Andreas is the last one I played).

Regarding 3DS vs Vita, I can't believe you guys didn't mention/factor in PS+ when comparing the two for this holiday season. (It was mentioned earlier in the show, of course). $50 for PS+ gets you a ton of the best games on the system!

I don't think the problem with the Vita ports of console franchises isn't that the system can't handle it, it's that Activision and WB/TT don't want to put the money into doing those games properly. The Vita could easily handle the open world Lego games since from what I've read, the Wii versions have it, but they're porting the 3DS version to Vita to be cheap about it. Also from what I've read, the Call of Duty game was made very quickly, so Activision wanted to make the game for as cheap as possible to bank on the name rather than do a full game that people would want. Nihilistic made much more of a full FPS with the Resistance game, but obviously had time/man power constraints with Call of Duty. That's kind of a big oversight when it's the biggest IP in the industry right now to do such a half-assed job of getting it made.

You guys note that the fighting games were pretty much as good if not better than their original versions and Need for Speed Most Wanted shows that it's not just 2D games that can do it.

I didn't argue that Move was a success, but that for a peripheral that you guys called a failure with no games and all that, it had a lot of games and continuous support that shows that it's not the failure that you assume it is. Just changing your point to it not having games that you'd want to play is moving the goal posts since you guys don't want to play anything with motion controls of any kind, so that was just a cheap way to end the discussion and declare that you win by default. For me, it's different, but I may be weird in that I'll give any of my games with Move support a shot to see how it works and find a decent number of them to work better with Move. It's cool if they're not your thing, but you don't have to act like things are worse for it than they really are just to push an agenda.

Cheapy continuing to plead ignorance on the Sportsfriends/Pub Fund thing is disappointing. I expected you to at least respect factual information on your misunderstanding of the situation and concede that you might be wrong, but that may have been too much to expect from somebody that occasionally admits that he's wrong about stuff from time to time.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Nihilistic made much more of a full FPS with the Resistance game, but obviously had time/man power constraints with Call of Duty. That's kind of a big oversight when it's the biggest IP in the industry right now to do such a half-assed job of getting it made.[/QUOTE]

This is exactly the point I was making. Large third party publishers aren't going to put the money/man-power/time into making games for the Vita. It's just not logical to do so.

The major experiences on Vita will have to come from Sony or from smaller independent developers that are willing to take a chance on the platform.

[quote name='shipwreck']This is exactly the point I was making. Large third party publishers aren't going to put the money/man-power/time into making games for the Vita. It's just not logical to do so.

The major experiences on Vita will have to come from Sony or from smaller independent developers that are willing to take a chance on the platform.[/QUOTE]
It'll also show which developers/publishers are committed to making sure the experience is as good as possible on all versions, like Capcom with SFxTK/UMVC3, NetherRealm with MK, and Criterion with NFS MW.

wow, im really perturbed with what cheapy did for black friday. Your black friday shows were always a great way for you to connect with the fans. That horrible mess with your son that you put forth on twitter is worse than anything any single human has ever produced in the entire history of mankind. Why couldn't your wife watch him? If she was working pay a babysitter to take him to the park for a few hours. This is the biggest day for most CAGs and I am ashamed for you. Burn in hell!!!

I'm not even sure what you are referring to, but personally I was way too freaking busy buying things from different online retailers and/or doing family holiday stuff to have time to listen to a CAGcast. So personally I thought the week off was just fine. It's not like any show they did would have had timely info to act on (what with stuff selling out so quick at Amazon and MS store amongst others). They can recap all the madness later this week or whatever ;).

bread's done
Back