CAGcast #330: Ultimate Harmony

D'oh! I was going to pick that up over the weekend and now it's unavailable :(
Must be out of steamkeys or one of the games. If it doesn't come back in stock, it will probably be featured in their next sale. I picked it up at that price during a sale event in May.

You can log into any Xbox 360 console and play any of your games as long as you have an Internet connection and your login there is no download limit. I'm sure Shipwreck has multiple 360s and has downloaded his games on both consoles. A 360 is basically just a new console until someone is logged into it. It can store data but he cannot use it unless it is tied to that gamer tag or the console has a license for it.

Ship and Wombat: I don't know if you have played it, but is the GI Joe Battlegrounds similar to the Marvel War of Heroes app that's been out for a while?

It sounds a bit familiar in concept.

Separate gaming account!!!
But the money source for "College account" and "Gaming account" is the same. So he could still run into an issue whereby the college fund is ($355 + compounding interest for 18 years) short ... all thanks to an "ultimate" universal remote.

Seems like you're trying to justify it because you also bought it ;) ... and now Tai will be stuck as a samurai and never get to go to shogun school. Poor ronin Tai.

D'oh! I was going to pick that up over the weekend and now it's unavailable :(
Speaking of Sonic games I did have some arm flailing fun with Sonic Ring of Fire on the Wii. There are also some fun Genesis Rom hacks of Sonic the Hedgehog for the Genesis emulator.

Last edited by a moderator:
The actual "problem" with the PS4's light bar on the dualshock is the reflection on most TV screens you will see, and it doesn't seem to be able to be dimmed or shut off:

http://i.imgur.com/mCyRclP.gif

That gif is from this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A48r1cryz3U&feature=youtu.be&t=7m26s
I don't remember that ever being an issue when the Move controllers were introduced. I've also used the move controller to pretty much complete Resistance 3 and I didn't have an issue with reflection. In the video it seems like the reflection is really just the video of the person actually sitting on the couch with the controller in his hand.

I don't remember that ever being an issue when the Move controllers were introduced. I've also used the move controller to pretty much complete Resistance 3 and I didn't have an issue with reflection. In the video it seems like the reflection is really just the video of the person actually sitting on the couch with the controller in his hand.
Indeed, I agree with Thomas96. This is really a non-issue. The move controllers used the same type of led light. And as for the always on light bar consuming battery life, have those so concerned notice the red light indicating players on the DualShock 3. And if I go by reflection issues in the above mentioned video, then I could style my hair and make a tie by looking at that tv aka mirror. Its more likely the angle of the cameraman filming the gameplay demo catching the reflection off the tv from his camera light. FYI Television screens are made of glass and glass is reflective at certain angles.

I always love it when dialect issues come up on the show. This week we had the 'Harold/herald' issue. Plus, we learned that in Wombat's dialect "dickish" is pronounced "pedantic".

I always love it when dialect issues come up on the show. This week we had the 'Harold/herald' issue. Plus, we learned that in Wombat's dialect "dickish" is pronounced "pedantic".

Good job at making me go to the dictionary or shall I say dictionary.com :)

Cheapy is right.

I would go so far as to say Sonic Generations is the best Sonic game to come out since the last great Sonic games on the SEGA consoles, but the forum gaming communities across the net often become snowballs of vitriolic title bashing irrespective of the quailty of an indivudual title. Add in group mentality and you get great games like Sonic Generations universally disregarded for no good reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back