CAGcast #340: Pray for Mojo

I used to have an NES but I also wanted a Master System, didn't get a Sega branded console until the Genesis which as Wombat said "was the bomb".

To quote Wombat:

"If you were to ask 15 people, without them being able to check, whether or not a rabbit is a male rabbit or a female rabbit. Then you have them vote on whether or not the male rabbit is a female or male rabbit, and female wins, but the rabbit is a male. In a democratic society, that rabbit is now a female whether, regardless of the biology"

And then Cheapy said what we were all thinking:

"What the f$@k are you talking about dude?"

Prior to this, Wombat gives examples of "opinions":

"I think bald headed people are dumber than people with hair. That is not a correct opinion."

"In my opinion that rabbit with a penis is a woman."

Neither of these is an opinion at all. Putting "I think" or "in my opinion" into a sentence doesn't make it an opinion. Both of these have objective parameters that could be measured to ascertain if the statement is true. An opinion is subjective and can only be measured by the one giving it.

codenamelenny, if that was his point, I really did not get that out of it, but you maybe correct. Still, on this topic I stand by my earlier post.
You seemed to have missed the whole point. Codenamelenny pretty much summed up what I was trying to say. I think evolution would have been better example than rabbits, since that is an "opinion" that is voted on. I am sorry if you don't understand things.

You seemed to have missed the whole point. Codenamelenny pretty much summed up what I was trying to say. I think evolution would have been better example than rabbits, since that is an "opinion" that is voted on. I am sorry if you don't understand things.
Trying is used absolutely correctly in your response. Good job Wombat!

Making a strip poking fun at "Penny-Arcade" would be pretty meta and could highlight some of their mistakes and some of the crap they deal with (it doesn't have to be all negative).  Proper satire was explained by Wombat and Ship, but satire should also have a heart for its subject matter.  If it comes off as mean and spiteful, then it seems petty.

For example, "Portalandia" makes fun of Portand (and the modernity of our century) but there is no mean spirit.  People who watch the show can laugh and see bigger and goofier versions of themselves.  Some will be offended sometimes since looking in the mirror can be a harsh truth-teller.

Lastly, keep Cheapy away from the storyboarding...   :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wombat for a brief moment, I thought you made an appearance on an episode of Comic Book Men entitled "the Incredible Bulk". I thought you were the guy who wanted to buy the Daredevil comic for $60.

Wombat, just to remind you when WB announces the next MK game (probably next year) hold out for the GOTY edition. 

Cheapy, I post on GAF and you know what there is more to GAF then just the gaming side. Sure the console war threads are pretty dumb but you can ignore them. I suggest visiting the Off-topic section

Wombat being a NeoGAF fan explains a LOT.

I was also a Sega Master system (bought first) kid so that can't be a reason for his "unique wackiness".

I'm also kind of curious as to what makes him qualified to do comedy over Cheapy as everyone tends to think they are funny but that doesn't make them a comedian / comedy writer.

As for the comic strip idea, was the podcast editied?  Is there a section that was cut out?  A brief mention of Penny Arcade and then bam! into some bizarro PA slam comic.

And finally, GTA5 just came out.  If you are going to mobilize gamers on Washington, DC it has to be the summer when there aren't high profile game releases and a majority of folks are on summer break.

Can you give an example of a game that doesn't have conflict? Just wondering.
I think it somewhat depends on how broad your definition of conflict is.

Puzzle games like Tetris and Bejeweled could be considered unless you feel making lines and matching gems vs. a timer is a source of "conflict". I.e., if conflict relates to if / whether you continue playing.

Which brings us to how folks consider Dear Esther and Gone Home games as the gameplay is more of a discovery nature.

Then there's several free to play games like Simpsons Tapped Out and Smurf Village where you just tap and build stuff in a more creative nature.

I like how Cheapy unknowingly defended the PS Vita TV. Seriously, go back and listen to him rag on Android consoles and brings up Apple TV(if it could play iPhone games) as a better alternative because "it can do a whole bunch of other stuff too"...just like the PS Vita TV with Vita games + tons of other streaming/moving watching stuff too! He was describing something like the PS Vita TV without knowing it :)

Great show guys, and Simpsons was on my mind the whole episode thanks to the title

bread's done
Back