CAGcast #407: Bewitchered

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Everyone talks Witcher 3, Wombat has a better idea for the Nintendo World Championships, and CheapyD wants to talk about his PC, but nobody cares.  Also, Shipwreck reveals he does indeed grow facial hair.

Download (1 hour 18 minutes) - iTunes - Stitcher - RSS
https://audioboom.com/boos/3207888-cagcast-407-bewitchered

Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro - Outro

Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

I guess you can listen to Wombat's other podcast, Uninformed Opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:
The CARS in Project CARS is capitalized because it stands for Community Assisted Racing Simulator.

Here is the twitter account you follow for ID@Xbox Game Info

https://twitter.com/ID_Xbox_Games

They also have a website for ID@Xbox (news, release dates and videos)

http://www.idatxbox.com/

I think MS is trying to showcase games. They even started to do Gold discounts on certain new release indie games (20% off). They do a weekly live streams on the official Xbox Twitch channel with devs of games being released that week.

I love you guys - and this was a great show, but I gotta be honest... hearing Cheapy rationalize a $60 LED mouse pad by comparing it to a $30 non-lit version, for his gaming PC with 2 kickass video cards, presumably while checking the time on his Apple watch and twirling his diamond-crusted pimp stick makes me wonder if a name change is in order.   BigdaddybucksD?  ExtravagantD?  It could work, P-Diddy changed his name and he's the Puff-Daddy.  Snoop Dog is now Snoop Lion.  What do you say?

Yeah, even 2015 the text is too damn small on everything. It's as if I have to make the desktop run on lower resolutions to read everything else but the web browser. What is up with the failure of game developers unable to write a code that scales fonts to their relative resolution? Firefox did this in 2013!

Wombat was complaining about the Witcher's pony tail. I know in the Witcher 2 you can get a haircut and change his hairstyle. I would be surprised if the Witcher 3 didn't have that feature.

How many more times is Cheapy going to bring up the Wii Vitality Sensor (an assessory that was only shown once at E3 2009 and never released) when discussing anything Nintendo related? Sure it's obvious he dislikes Nintendo for some mysterious reason in his past, but he could at least get a bit more creative on bashing the conpany. Nintendo's even "finally" entering the mobile cell market, a move Cheapy would suggest all the time over the last few years; is Cheapy even dissatisfied with that move?

Great show!

Cheapy - once you've researched potions and bombs in Witcher 3, they automatically refill when you meditate (assuming you have alcohol) so you dont need to keep picking flowers all the time.

Also any idea when you will be doing the GeForce drawing?

What's the point of using a LED gaming mousepad if the Mouse is also going to be wired as well? The mousepad can have a few usb ports on it so it won't be that pointless, but you will need a wired mouse to get the edge regardless.

To say one thing in Arrow's defense the mid-season finale was really good.  The problem is they did not really have a plan of what to do after. 

It's up to the developer/publisher to want to post on the PlayStation Blog to market their game to the public, which isn't Sony's fault if the devs don't want to use the ready made platform for exactly what Wombat is complaining about. Microsoft doesn't have this option available in any form, so it's all on the developer/publisher to find other means of telling people about their game. It also doesn't help when some of these games are from small devs that either don't know what to do or don't think they can market on there to at least get the word out there. Sony has The Drop every week that gives people a heads up on what's coming for that week and the Monday and Tuesday that follows usually has posts about the games/DLC coming that week, though some weeks are lighter than others.

Major Nelson seems to only care about telling you what has released, his podcast, and major news, but he could care less about what's coming soon or any sort of third-party posts like on the PlayStation Blog. Xbox Wire is weird in that it's a press release site with all of the assets they'd want, but there are occasionally some editorials written by the mysterious "Xbox Wire Staff" that looks out of place since they don't allow comments or any sort of community interaction. Unless I'm mistaken, they also had a site called PlayXBLA that seemed to be exclusively about Happy Wars, Minecraft, and World of Tanks, which has been shut down and redirects to Microsoft Studios Blog. Considering that they have the former head of the PlayStation Blog Jeff Rubenstein working with Major Nelson, you'd think he could show them how it's done instead of splintering things like this so none of them really help anybody.

I really don't know if Wombat would be complaining about the Arcade Archives name if he chose the week that Rygar or Double Dragon were released. It's from Hamster, who is currently doing a lot of work licensing these old games to sell on PS4 as some cheap options for those that have nostalgia for those games. 

The CARS in Project CARS is capitalized because it stands for Community Assisted Racing Simulator.
Yeah, I have a feeling that the CAGcast crew may be surprised by the Project Cars sales numbers. The sim racing community is far larger than I ever realized until recently. Moreover, those gamers spend money like crazy. Just check out the prices on Fanatec and Thrustmaster ecosystem products.

bread's done
Back