CAGcast #443: Who is the Master Builder?

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
The gang talks VR pricing and launch titles, Hitman, Marvel Battlegrounds, The Division, NPDs, and so much more!

Download (1 hours 20 minutes) - iTunes - Stitcher - RSS
https://audioboom.com/boos/4315709-cagcast-443-who-is-the-master-builder/

Get $5 off your order (with free shipping) at http://www.harrys.com with coupon code CAGCAST

Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro -  "Strong" - R3hab & KSHMR

Outro -  Donald Trump is a Mess - Super Deluxe

RSS - Full CAGcast Cataalog
Facebook
Youtube (Subscribe)

Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

I guess you can listen to Wombat's other podcast, Uninformed Opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the show guys. I noticed Wombat was a little off when talking about Street Fighter V so I thought I'd add that Capcom announced that they would not release another version of Street Fighter V (ie: Super, Turbo, Ultra). The game will automatically receive all balance updates for free and characters will be earnable in game. They're trying to create a platform with SFV so they wont be doing their typical releases.

The Flyers have one of the best records in the league since Jan 1st and are in a playoff spot after beating Detroit and Chicago in the past two days. Time to jump back on board, Cheapy.

I like the episodic Hitman. I never got into the older Hitman games so I might be coming at it from a different place but this Paris level is huge and beautiful. I'm enjoying exploring it and trying to find all the different fun ways to assassinate the targets. If there was another level after it I'd be tempted to just "get through it" and not find all the more creative ways to get things done. I've played through it twice now doing things pretty differently each time. I'm not interested in the fan made contracts at all and if they take too long to get the new content out I might get frustrated but right now releasing Hitman in episodic pieces is working for me.

Thanks for the podcast recommendation Wombat. Wow, even Shipwreck is so ambivalent to learn our nation's history. The 1950s had a surprising amount of anti-entertainment hearings in Congress, from comic books, to commies in Hollywood, to cheating in quiz shows.

yRaQqtr.jpg

ESfVP7k.jpg

Ez0Xw3W.jpg

NaSeNV0.jpg

sDfbF8Y.jpg

Shipwreck. . . I thought I would point this out to you: The Open Worlds in Lego Dimensions are kind of hard to find at first.  You can either stand on the base of the portal in the game (Don't jump through it) and hit the (B) button which will give you the menu that has the open worlds. Or you can walk all the way to the left in the main area and fall through a hole where all of the open worlds are located.  I am willing to bet that there are a bunch of people who do not know that the open worlds exist.

I am curious to hear what you think of Lego Dimensions. . . my family is addicted to it. I like it much better than Disney Infinity (which i feel is incredibly limited).

Has Shipwreck ever solved the problem to make LED lights ligt up his consoles when in use?

Also what was the retro collection mentioned in the show? Was it Midway or Namco?

Kudos to Wombat for bringing "You must remember this" podcast to my attention. I'm really enjoying it. Thank you!

The main reason I bought Street Fighter V was that I had friends who were purchasing it. I imagine it got really bad word-of-mouth, though. I don't think I'd recommend purchasing it to any of my friends, at least not in it's current state. 

Nerdy comic book information incoming... Yondu from the movie was different from the comic book character.  The only thing they have in common is they are blue and they have a fin. I think Shipwreck was thinking of Centaurian as his race.

Episodic Hitman actually works quite well, so far. I don't play those games myself very much since I suck at them (I have played a bit of all of them, though), but I enjoy watching others play them. Watching streams of this new one has been great because the episodic format allows you to really explore every aspect of the level. That Paris level is ridiculously intricate - there are dozens of methods to finish it, and events that take place during the course of the mission that you may never even see on different playthroughs. I know there's always been multiple paths in the Hitman games, but there are a LOT more in this one. You may not find replaying the levels using different methods to be interesting. That's fair and understandable. But it doesn't mean the format is a bad one. It's just not for you.

I think as long as they stick to their level release schedule without issue, then it'll be fine.

Are things really as bad for the Xbox as you guys make it sound? Or is the how you guys see the Xbox? I don't have a PS4 and gaming has sort of taken a backseat to other hobbies in the last few years. But I'm really satisfied with the Xbox One. I enjoy using it for apps and gaming, it is the center of my living room. I have a second one for my game room up stairs. It seems like Microsoft is doing the right thing, second place sucks from a business stand point but its a win for fans. It just seems like the Xbox One and Microsoft are taking a lot of crap from news outlets and some jabs from you guys on the show when they're working hard to please fans. I don't feel like Sony is working nearly as hard to please fans this generation, they're coasting along on the good pre launch press. 

I loved when Cheapy was trying to come up with a description for how great a sleeper Tai is. How 'bout, "he sleeps so soundly we could leave him at home while we went to the hospital and he wouldn't even wake up"?

:)

Playstation VR sold out everywhere....can we please stop referring to Ship as some genius analyst just because he plays a lot of video games? 

I believe the quote was something to the effect of "I can't imagine anyone wanting this in their house."

Legends of tomorrow has been quite awful...do you guys think it is because the cast has too many members with powers that they can't afford to produce due to budget constraints? 

The other superhero shows usually have only one or two people using CGI effects...what do you guys think?

Ship, how about you go on record and say what you define as "success" and "failure" for Playstation VR? Otherwise you'll keep moving the goalpost and no matter what the sales for this are, you'll somehow cast this as a failure.

I think it will surpass 1.5 million by year end, but I'll admit I don't know jack sh*t.

I know you guys couldn't care less, but you all lost the Pokkén pronunciation battle... Cheapy was afraid of being made fun of cuz he didn't know it was Pokemon related, but this is more deserving. He and karaoke should know better. Ship should know better because he knew it was a portmanteau of Pokemon and Tekken. (I hope Wombat reads this in his nerd voice.)

Pock'n... :lol:

Legends of tomorrow has been quite awful...do you guys think it is because the cast has too many members with powers that they can't afford to produce due to budget constraints?

The other superhero shows usually have only one or two people using CGI effects...what do you guys think?
The same company does ALL of the WB Superhero SFX. They are being stretched thin.

I know you guys couldn't care less, but you all lost the Pokkén pronunciation battle... Cheapy was afraid of being made fun of cuz he didn't know it was Pokemon related, but this is more deserving. He and karaoke should know better. Ship should know better because he knew it was a portmanteau of Pokemon and Tekken. (I hope Wombat reads this in his nerd voice.)

Pock'n... :lol:
Mizz pock man?

I second the plug for "You Must Remember This".  It's a great podcast.  I find this season isn't as great as past seasons but the last two were fantastic.  Last season was early MGM stories.  It was great.  But the best was the season before last. It was "Charles Manson's Hollywood".  Wow it was great.  I've listened to that several times now.

I got a good laugh out of Ship asking if it was possible to fall in love with other players in The Culling.

bread's done
Back