CAGcast #49: The $6,000 Man

[quote name='Tybee']Jesus...Final Fastasy Tactics requires less explanation than that video provides. That's a significant chunk of gray matter that I could be using to store more valuable information. Nice also that they found the most homely folks in Wisconsin to star in it.

"And ugly people like it, too!!!"

Anyway, great show. I enjoyed the review of this week's controversies, especially since Nintendo seemed to avoid creating any of their own for once. It was like one long Wombat Burrow segment.

Looking forward to the 50th (or 51st) show. Really hope the ladies are on there, and Zelda the Comic Wonder Dog too.

Best line: "All we need are business cards and credibility!"[/QUOTE]

and we have the business cards actually, does anyone know a good cheap, credibilty website. Maybe the one Adam Sessler used? (low blow but I was amused)

[quote name='Wombat']and we have the business cards actually, does anyone know a good cheap, credibilty website. Maybe the one Adam Sessler used? (low blow but I was amused)[/QUOTE]

This close to midterm elections? Good luck. ;)

[quote name='youruglyclone']
thing is...is this really that bad a PR move? ultimately this doesn't affect casual gamers in any way. So they piss off the "small" hardcore contingent...it doesn't affect casual gamer's opinions of them.[/quote]Good point.
[quote name='youruglyclone']
Re: play-asia address book
I was wondering when that was added, and now I know how that ball got rolling. So thanks CheapyD.[/quote]When Cheapy talks, people listen!

I enjoyed the show and I'm not bitching, but:

I think these cagcasts could be cut down to 45 minutes until the Wii and PS3 are released and there is actually some news.

Great show guys. Just one comment about the PS3 vs. 360 price though. If you're going to compare apples to apples, you should compare the platinum 360 with HD DVD drive to the Premium Special Platinum edition PS3. Now you have both at the same price, but the PS3 has the online ability free out of the box. I know people don't need the blue ray drive or the HD DVD drive, but for some people, the PS3 is actually a cheap high definition player.

[quote name='wageslave']I enjoyed the show and I'm not bitching, but:

I think these cagcasts could be cut down to 45 minutes until the Wii and PS3 are released and there is actually some news.[/quote]

I disagree. I like the long shows because it means I have more to listen to at work. :D

I have to agree with Wombat about creating a topic with all of the referal links in it. I do have a question, are the stores listed under the shop menu item the only ones you get money from?

IMO, Adam Sessler shits credibility when compared to Kevin Pereira.

[quote name='Wombat']and we have the business cards actually, does anyone know a good cheap, credibilty website. Maybe the one Adam Sessler used? (low blow but I was amused)[/QUOTE]

It's too bad Zelda didn't get $10,000 a pop (poop?) with those mouse turds.

While it's no slight to the caliber of the CAGCast, I really don't think that Mr. Hryb, a.k.a. "Major (Shill) Nelson" will play ball. (To me, he's got that 'diva' intangible that makes him tough to listen to.) He just doesn't seem cool enough to appear on a show like this. And even if I'm wrong there, I somehow doubt Microsoft would let him. And if I'm wrong there, then they'll insist that you conduct it like a scripted informercial (more or less), which leads me back to the original 'no chance' assessment.

P.S. I'm predicting Konami submits the Live Arcade Symphony of the Night in 2007 with the second castle being 800 points extra. Was that a dry joke or a valid prognostication? Discuss.

Good show.

I've been listening for a while now, and it seems like every episode Cheapy has to belch like a foghorn. Dude, I understand it's natural and all that, but I'm listening to this on my headphones, earbuds to be exact, so it's literally like you're doing it in my ear. I admit I haven't listen to every single show, but I have heard the last 10 or so and I'm pretty sure you belch at least once in every single one. It's a bit stomach turning. You guys aren't Howard Stern, those aren't midget queefs, and it isn't what I signed up for. All I expect and want is clever discourse on the topic of gaming and its many tangents.

You managed not to belch in that chinese girl's satelite link on bloomberg and she didn't even really care what you had to say. At the very least, please extend the same courtesy to the people who truly enjoy listening to your show and try not to aim full blast at the mic next time. We might be eating.

Everything else is great. The show is great, Wombat is hilarious, and I wish you guys an awesome 50th!

[quote name='jollydwarf']It's too bad Zelda didn't get $10,000 a pop (poop?) with those mouse turds.

While it's no slight to the caliber of the CAGCast, I really don't think that Mr. Hryb, a.k.a. "Major (Shill) Nelson" will play ball. (To me, he's got that 'diva' intangible that makes him tough to listen to.) He just doesn't seem cool enough to appear on a show like this. And even if I'm wrong there, I somehow doubt Microsoft would let him. And if I'm wrong there, then they'll insist that you conduct it like a scripted informercial (more or less), which leads me back to the original 'no chance' assessment.[/QUOTE]

I don't see why they wouldn't. The fed him to the wolves on Attack of the Show yesterday and that probably has half the audience this show has. Maybe even fewer, since I think they have it following the Jamie Kennedy Experiment now. That limits their demographic to people who forgot to change the batteries in their remote controls.

[quote name='Brainwave0']87 minutes?!?! 87 minutes?!?!

Maybe I'm living in the dark ages, but I don't have an mp3 player. I burn the podcasts to a CD-R and listen to them while I'm driving. UNTIL NOW. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind it running longer, but how about an option to download it in 2 sections?? Both under 80 minutes. I guess I'll just have to hold my laptop up to my ear as I'm driving down the road. If I crash and die it's on your head Cheapy and Wombat!!!!

Keep up the good work![/QUOTE]
Keep an eye on woot.com, they periodically sell $12-20 sandisk mp3 players with FM functionality. The toll to exit the dark ages isn't nearly as high as you might think.

Just keep in mind that the CAGcast seems to crash them. I've narrowed it down to the picture attachment for display on ipods. I delete that in TagScanner and I'm good to go.

[quote name='Leggo']Good show.

I've been listening for a while now, and it seems like every episode Cheapy has to belch like a foghorn. Dude, I understand it's natural and all that, but I'm listening to this on my headphones, earbuds to be exact, so it's literally like you're doing it in my ear. I admit I haven't listen to every single show, but I have heard the last 10 or so and I'm pretty sure you belch at least once in every single one. It's a bit stomach turning. You guys aren't Howard Stern, those aren't midget queefs, and it isn't what I signed up for. All I expect and want is clever discourse on the topic of gaming and its many tangents.

You managed not to belch in that chinese girl's satelite link on bloomberg and she didn't even really care what you had to say. At the very least, please extend the same courtesy to the people who truly enjoy listening to your show and try not to aim full blast at the mic next time. We might be eating.

Everything else is great. The show is great, Wombat is hilarious, and I wish you guys an awesome 50th![/quote]Good points all around...thanks.

[quote name='wageslave']I enjoyed the show and I'm not bitching, but:

I think these cagcasts could be cut down to 45 minutes until the Wii and PS3 are released and there is actually some news.[/QUOTE]

Blasphemy! I smite you with my stare of... smite!

I don't see why they wouldn't. The fed him to the wolves on Attack of the Show yesterday and that probably has half the audience this show has.

Well, I can't comment on that episode or the comparative ratings, but maybe Microsoft perceives Attack having a bigger audience than this (or any gaming) podcast (outside his own). Again, I really wouldn't miss him, as all he'll give us are non-answers, selective truths, and subtly-expressed attitude. I just don't like the guy and it's not because of what he says, but how he says it. But hey, you guys could put Bill O'Reilly on and I'd still listen.

[quote name='Leggo']I've been listening for a while now, and it seems like every episode Cheapy has to belch like a foghorn. Dude, I understand it's natural and all that, but I'm listening to this on my headphones, earbuds to be exact, so it's literally like you're doing it in my ear.... It's a bit stomach turning.....[/quote][quote name='CheapyD'] Good points all around...thanks. [/quote]
Now all of a sudden these points are good?? Thanks??
I've been telling you the exact same thing since CAGcast #1!! :roll:

[quote name='Leggo']Good show.

Everything else is great. The show is great, Wombat is hilarious, and I wish you guys an awesome 50th![/quote]

[quote name='CheapyD']Good points all around...thanks.[/quote]
I never mind the belching. Its like listening to some friends talk about video games. I've never known my friends to hold any gasses in if they can help it.

I like the idea of doing the 50th as a regular episode then doing the look back for 51. Anyway keep up the great work.

Good show, though I'm surprised that you guys ignored the Gamers' Day Event Sony held last week. Then again, it was last week and you guys only talk about stuff that happens within the past day or two of the show.

One hour, twenty-six minutes, forty-six seconds. Crap on a stick, boys! I love me some CAGcast, but I don't wanna spend my whole life listening to it! The shows are getting too freakin' long. Please keep it down to 1 hr *max*.

Content was largely good, and Wombat was in tremendous form! It was like Angry Wombat all show long, which was a delightful treat.

Cheapy -- definitely whore out those Amazon and other shopping links. I consider myself modestly web savvy but had trouble finding them months ago and being sure that you'd be getting paid if I clicked through them.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Good show, though I'm surprised that you guys ignored the Gamers' Day Event Sony held last week. Then again, it was last week and you guys only talk about stuff that happens within the past day or two of the show.[/quote]You will get plenty of PS3 talk this coming week. I had quite a bit of hands on time this weekend. Between this weekend and TGS, I've played about 15 PS3 games. /end teaser

[quote name='Scobie']One hour, twenty-six minutes, forty-six seconds. Crap on a stick, boys! I love me some CAGcast, but I don't wanna spend my whole life listening to it! The shows are getting too freakin' long. Please keep it down to 1 hr *max*.[/QUOTE]

Quiet you! The longer the better!

The WLA is no match for Terry Tate: Office Linebacker! WOOOOO!

[quote name='CheapyD']You will get plenty of PS3 talk this coming week. I had quite a bit of hands on time this weekend. Between this weekend and TGS, I've played about 15 PS3 games. /end teaser[/quote]
Nice. Looking forward to the next show.

Anyone else listen to IGN Games Podcast? Part of their intro, the guy sounds like Wombat. The part where he says, "Welcome to IGN's Podcast series." The way he says "podcast" makes him sound so much like Wombat. Slightly nasally and a bit whiny.

I disagree with people saying the show should be cut down, If you made it 8hrs long I'd listen to it all. I drive about 2-4hrs/day and that way by the time I've finished with one cagcast the next would be coming out!

Btw Wombat was off on his 360 vs ps3 price comparison he added $100 to the 360 somehow.

Another good CAGcast. I love how long they are too. As long as they don't go past the 2 hour mark, it's all good.

And Cheapy! Take the $6000 and run! You can buy a ton of ammo for your Robocop gun with that! Then you can walk around Tokyo all day shooting people in the booties!

Finally had a chance to listen to the show last night. It was good.

I really enjoy the length of the shows. If possible please make them longer!

The 50th should be a 2 hour extravaganza.

I disagree with the 51st episode being special. Like in comics/magazines/tv shows: The 50th issue/episode is the hot fire one.

I'm not sure if this is related, but I started listening to the CAGCasts while playing Burnout 3, and I've found I play a lot better than listening to.. whatever that music is they have on there.

I too disagree with the people calling for a shortened CAGcast. I usually burn through them the first day they are out and then spend 6 days without. Please don't cut down one of my favorite blocks of entertainment each week. At worst, a long episodes might take a few sitting to complete which might be a nice way to prolong the enjoyment of the show. Basically, keep up the good work.

At worst, if you really are concerned the length is turning listeners off, put it to a poll. That should give you a little better indication of where most people stand.

Cheapy: Are you going to be using the voicemails on the show you're recording tonight or next week's? I want to get one in but won't be able to get it to you before tonight's recording.

Cheapy, how about $6 for CAG?
B000HBS5CC.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_V36700200_.jpg

bread's done
Back