CAGcast #504: Poop Dreams

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Switch is becoming my go-to Indie machine. I have been playing Binding of Isaac on it, and with Axiom Verge and The End is Nigh on the horizon, this is an awesome experience for portable indie games.

With my PC as my go-to machine for third party titles, especially considering Xbox One exclusives also hit Windows 10, having another console next to the Switch is turning into something that is not needed for me.

Finally, with zero interest in anything JPRG, PC and Switch combo is a home run.

What was the name of the arcade dingus Ship was talking about? I was driving when I listened and couldn't look it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is some 3rd party support on the Switch but it does seem like publishers wanted to 'dip' into the Switch instead of fully diving in after being burned on the Wii U.

Assassins Creed and Call of Duty are no-shows but instead we are getting games that were probably easier to port and/or safer bets like FIFA, NBA 2K, Minecraft, Sonic Mania, Skyrim, Rocket League. If Nintendo can keep the momentum going then you will probably see more 3rd party support next year. 

Even if you look only at the first party games, Nintendo has a clear strategy for 2017, if you look at Zelda, Mario Kart, Arms, Splatoon 2, Mario X Rabbids, Pokken, Mario Odyssey, Fire Emblem Warriors, Xenoblade... none of these games are alike, there is something for everyone. Zelda and Xenoblade share the most similarities but they are coming out 9 months apart.

All this plus the few 3rd party games and the indie titles = solid 1st year, I already like it better than PS4s first year and the quality of the unreleased titles will determine if it's better than the Xbox One's first year.

ok, sorry this is old but as someone who lives in the midwest, wombat mentioned a few episodes ago that his transit pass is comperable to his rent. Please elaborate. I drive 2 miles to work, houses here avarage 150K we have no public transport. I would like to hear all 3 chime in cheapy, how expensive was Japan, ship how cheap is it where you live ?

The entire attraction of the SNES mini and NES Classic is  that they were mini-replicas of the original hardware.  TAke that away and there is much much less interest and certainly much much less press coverage and water cooler talk.

They've been selling VC games for 10 years so not only would a software only package of SNES games not be nearly as attractive but you'd reach a much smaller audience since you need a $300 Switch to begin with.

I think the NES Classic and SNES mini are just limited editions meant to spur and expand interest in the brand.  They can reach a different kind of customer with these.  Maybe it's why they didn't do pre-orders of the NES Classic.

Their upcoming  online service will have monthly VC games so there will be VC games on the Switch.

Switch will do well if it is indeed a true 3ds replacement.  3ds, as bad as it did compared to the DS, still has sold something like 70 million.  Switch was never was going to have 3rd party support.  It's a different console.  Not enough room for 3 identical consoles anyway.  The Xbox is having a tough time as it is.  

The only way the Switch wins back 3rd party support is if the 3rd party Switch games are solid and customers determine that they prefer to exchange some graphics capability for portability of their console games.

Switch will do well if it is indeed a true 3ds replacement. 3ds, as bad as it did compared to the DS, still has sold something like 70 million. Switch was never was going to have 3rd party support. It's a different console. Not enough room for 3 identical consoles anyway. The Xbox is having a tough time as it is.

The only way the Switch wins back 3rd party support is if the 3rd party Switch games are solid and customers determine that they prefer to exchange some graphics capability for portability of their console games.
Sorry, but not following. How does Xbox have bad third party support? IMO, the advantage of the PS4 over the Xbox is the amount of first party titles. But anything third party hits Xbox and PS4.

Sorry, but not following. How does Xbox have bad third party support? IMO, the advantage of the PS4 over the Xbox is the amount of first party titles. But anything third party hits Xbox and PS4.
No one said Xbox has bad 3rd party support. I said Xbox is having a tough time as it is in a 2 identical console market (and that's despite having roughly the same 3rd party support as Sony.) They are being outsold 2 to 1 in that space and to get there they'd had to undercut Sony on price despite having what is roughly an identical product.

Has there ever been a movie that Wombat raved about? I've been listening to the cagcast for over 8 years and I can't recall one. The biggest compliments he gives movies are "Good", "OK", or "Fine."  If there hasn't been a movie that made you say "That was GREAT" then perhaps movies aren't for you.

"They're revamping the likelihood of dupes in loot boxes.. so you know what that means?"

Yes, don't redeem any loot boxes until the patch is live.

"They're revamping the likelihood of dupes in loot boxes.. so you know what that means?"

Yes, don't redeem any loot boxes until the patch is live.
They have already addressed this. They have stated loot box contents are set when you get the box, not when you open it unfortunately.

Best of luck with the Penn Station repairs, Wombat. Sounds like it's going to be ugly coming in on the L.I.R.R.

WWE 2K18 announced for Nintendo Switch. Third party support, woohoo! Wii U had zero WWE games.

bread's done
Back