CAGcast #51: Of Mice and Mrs.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
This week, Mrs. Cheapy and Mrs. Wombat join us for a special CAGbag segment, Wombat attends a Microsoft event in NYC, we discuss industry news, new releases and so much more!

Just post a comment and you will be entered in our contest.
We will do a super drawing during one of our 50th episode specials (CAGcast #52).

Download - 73 minutes, 34MB
(If you haven't yet done so, PLEASE review us by clicking here!)
RSS feed - Add to Google - Add to My Yahoo
Past CAGcasts

[media]http://media.libsyn.com/media/cheapyd/cagcast51.mp3[/media]

Show Linkage:
Intro music: "Party Groove" by Showbiz and AG (thanks, ramatut4001) / Ms. Pac-Man

CAGcast Contest - Prizes: Namco, Nintendo, Phoenix Wright

CAGcast Voicemail! - Leave us a message
CAGcast Survey

Wombat at Mircosoft Event in NYC - Wombat's Journal Post
EvilAvatar's Nick (bapenguin) Puleo's impressions
ThreeSpeech Blog (yeah I know, I made a type-o)

New releases

CheapyD and "his website" get a small mention in the Washington Post
EBGames.com Wii Bundle Reservations $700 - Thursday, Nov 9th PM
Call of Duty 3 (Xbox 360-Asia) No Region Protection $48 shipped at play-asia

Game Pro Expo Replaces E3
Dead or Alive Creator Sued for Sexual Harassment
Buena Vista Opens Nintendo-Only Studio
Child's Play 2006 commences
1UP Yanks Neverwinter Nights 2 Review
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT] Outro: Space Invaders - Atari

Bonus Picture!

Wombat and Peter Moore (Microsoft Corporate Vice President, Interactive Entertainment Business)
291308580_20d4b93dd4.jpg

Another great Cagcast for me , I'm sadden by I'm guessing my prize for the original 2 drawings proabably haven't been shipped out though , but that doesn't effect how much I still love the show it makes my morning better that is for sure. Nice work Wombat on catching the Pr guy in the Xblm scams they pull, but I'm also looking forward to Viva Pinata. Thanks for all the great shows and I want say Thank You to your wifes for coming on and making the show more exciting.

Awesome cagcast, and cool picture. I actually like Peter Moore, next time you should try and assault him to get on TV.

Thanks for the great podcasts. I listen at work all the time. I enjoy every cast.!!! Fixing to listen now. Thanks CAG!!!

download link not working for me either. I have mixed emotions about showing what Wombat looks like. It's cool, but its kinda like revealing Master Chief's face. He loses a bit of his "mystery" or something now, u know?
Edit: Now I got it downloading

Wombat, the reason most of the Disney Genesis games you remember were good is that they were made by Capcom or Sega.

Oh, and I'm pretty psyched about being able to use face capture for Tony Hawk on the 360. I had not realized that it was a feature.

Great Cag-cast once again. Cag-cast 52 should be a very special look back at all the great moments since Cag-cast 50.
I'm looking forward to the Wii to get my wife into gaming as well

Great episode.

Thanks for answering my questions! You put such emphasis into my name. Mrs. Cheapy had some great answers.

Wombat: I like your views on Viva Pinata. I'm glad you covered that game rather than covering GoW. I was expecting this episode to be GoW based.

Mrs. Cheapy D (will we ever know here real name?) talking 'bout getting her freak on....priceless...maybe if that rez trance vibrator didn't have that cloth cover....like how she later mentions it's turned in to a rated x show....also sounds like she's got brains too....Cheapy the gassiest man in the world....need more of her in the future....

Tagged for contest and comments later.

Random thoughts:

I never thought I'd be interested in Viva Pinata, but now I am. Curse you Wombat.

I have no problem with my game console doing other things, but you're right--I don't buy game consoles to play movies. I do consider that a bonus, but it won't affect my decision to buy a console if the games aren't good.

Another quality episode. Although I didn't really find anything extra 'celebrationy' about this episode other than the wife segment, which was great, but was really just a glorified CAGBag. Had some really funny moments, but it did seem to drag just a bit with some of the questions at the end. I guess from the way you guys were talking up this episode last week, I expected a little more. Instead, you made comments about how you're going to continue to celebrate in future CAGCasts, like having a clip show, but shouldn't that have been done for this episode? Entertaining as always, just missing that extra flare.
I don't think I heard Cheapy belch though, so maybe that was a reason to celebrate in itself.

[quote name='cruzincontrol']Mrs. Cheapy D (will we ever know here real name?) ...[/QUOTE]

you don't even know my real name, what makes you think Mrs Cheapy will divulge hers?

The download link is fubar'd. I cannot get the show to download in either Firefox on IE so I know it's not a browser problem. Too bad Cheapy is sound asleep...

Wombat is such a loser. He has a vast lack of knowledge on video games and his personality is horrible....

Cheapy D. could seriously do better??

I won't listen to another CAG cast until he is off the show!

[quote name='cruzincontrol']Mrs. Cheapy D (will we ever know here real name?) talking 'bout getting her freak on....priceless...maybe if that rez trance vibrator didn't have that cloth cover....like how she later mentions it's turned in to a rated x show....also sounds like she's got brains too....Cheapy the gassiest man in the world....need more of her in the future....[/QUOTE]

Your welcome. I was shocked as well when the word "sticky" came out. I thought Japanese people weren't so blunt, but I'm wrong or maybe she is a minority.

Also you guys really are lazy. Two look backs on 50 episodes!? WTF man?
Lastly Wombat's name should be changed to Mochi, after the small dog in Contact which might even look like Zelda, I don't know.

contact.jpg

[quote name='musicnoteless']wombat needs to give away some free stuff in order to balance out is moochness,[/QUOTE]

I have somethings for contest prizes, very nice things, but thats for next weeks show....

Nice show, about 15 min left for me.

Wombat cracks me up about how unabashed he is with getting free stuff. Cheapy, you remind me of Howard Stern more and more every episode. Your stories of dealing with your industry contacts are refreshing.

About 1UP - I concur, they are an organization of hacks. Ever read any of their news stories? Aside from never crediting CAG as the source (and I see Joystiq credits 1UP now?), their stories are riddled with spelling, gramatical and formatting problems. It's as if a blind man typed it with his feet. It's unacceptable from their position. The DOA4 thing, now this NWN2 review, and their constant and general unprofessionalism - it's no wonder they can't make a profit.

Cheapy, here's the link you are looking for:

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=11579

Incidentally, I wrote a blog post about the same thing a couple of months back. Same story back then.

Jeremy

[quote name='botticus']Hilarious show. Mrs. Cheapy and Mrs. Wombat were excellent guests.[/quote]

Word to that.

Wombat actually looks like he could be a wombat. You seem like a happy man.

Wow, Wombat really did lose a lot of weight... he looks fantastic! I remember seeing a video of him playing the first Guitar Hero before it came out, and he looked like a totally different person.

Maybe the best CAGCast yet. It got a little risque towards the end there. Cheapy keeps pushing the envelope, and the show keeps getting better.

I enjoyed the show. Nice hearing from your wives - Mrs. Wombat sounds hot! ;)

The one thing bad I have to say is this: Cheapy, I know the items for the contest are your property and yours to do with what you want, and that the odds of me winning are like .0001% and probably less now, but you've been promising the drawings for a really really long time now and haven't done them yet. It kind of gets old. Better not to have drawings than to tease this much IMO.

I am glad to hear that CAG makes at least some kind of $ for you and Mrs Cheapy is happy with it. You provide us with terriffic content and in turn we provide you with revenue through affilate purchaes and etc. It's Win / Win and I hope it keeps working for you. I'm buying Children of Mana from Amazon Soon and it's on my mind to do it through your affiliate link.

Cheapy & Wombat--loved the show. Interesting to hear Wombat squirm with his home-life habits under the microscope. Cheapy didn't seem to care too much, though.

HEY--Can we get a Black Friday rundown in CAGcast #53? The major ads should all be leaked long before then. The Best Buy ad's already making the rounds. That 32" LCD HDTV is looking mighty tempting at $480! Not to mention Condemned & Tabletennis for $19, the Outfit for $10, and lots of other cheap ass games! Wonder what Circuit City, CompUSA, and all the rest will have on ubersale?

bread's done
Back