CAGcast #53: A Convenient Truth

Good cagcast so far, except for Wombats bitching. Caught a fish my 2nd cast, really dont understand how its that hard.
Good luck on the rest of the quest. I'm having a blast!

I’m impressed that you two refused to pull any punches with regard to the “next generation” of systems. As much as the raving fanboy that exists deep within all of us wants to believe to the contrary, neither Microsoft nor Sony nor Nintendo are in this for us; they’re only in it for our money, and none of them have managed to execute a flawless launch. Thanks for doling out the vitriol equally amongst all parties. That’s the kind of evenhandedness that keeps the CAG community loyal.

Good show guys. Seems like Wombat was back to Angry Wombat mode. What was up with the audio though? Cheapy kept cutting in and out at times.

That was one of the best episodes I've listened to (except for the audio but whatever). You both made it sound very professional. And some really funny parts. I'm disappointed to hear there will be no episode this week.

Hey, check me out, I won! The worst part is that this CAGcast was the first one in 2 months that I didn't listen to on the first day. Damn the luck!

The reason why the sound got so bad was......

My internet kept dropping, and when it would reconnect the sound quality would get worse with each reconnection. I blame Time Warner, so should you.

I'm a proud unicorn owner as well as of black friday (20GB model which I will be making a 160GB model soon).

So far my experience with Resistance has been a great one. For me I do like how it plays and feels kinda like a nice mix of Half Life 2 and Call of Duty. I myself have been sucked into the whole world that the game is trying to pull off. The big tall lanky creatures freak me the hell out with just the way they move at me.

I've enjoyed the level of dificulty that the game presents, which is pretty damn hard at some points. So far the different weapons I've gotten my hands on I've had a blast with.

Also with the linking with the PS3 friends list vr. the Resistance friends list. I think they are compatible in some way (haven't made any online friends to figure this out with), but my PS3 user name was right away my Resistance username (no registartion or anything with Resistance) so I was happy with that. Also if you look on the back of the box it says "PS Network Compatible" but not totally sure what that means.

The online Resistance I've been playing I've loved so far also and have been in multiple 40 man online games. I think the weapons are really balanced and make for some good gameplay. Also once you've familiarized yourself with the game weapon switching is great. Overall I'm very happy with it.

So far the interface hasn't gotten on my nerves too much I guess because I wasn't expecting XBL. I do wish I could access my friends list while playing games, and I deleted my Motorstorm demo because of that music. Overall though with Resistance and Ultimate Alliance on my PS3 I'm content.

I'm really sorry that the quality was so shitty this time (and lately).
I think I might just record my own audio on my PC and edit the two together afterwards. Not sure if that will be difficult, but I bet it works.

Thank you Cheapy for sticking up for Genji. Genji has been treated like the redheaded step child of the video game community, and I think those 68, 65, type scores aren't indicative of a bad game, but of a game that's the source of some puns.

good show cheapy and womBat funny show btw with wombat saying RED TUrd u guys are the best keep up the good work and cheapy i cant wait to get my ps3 and evryone stop bitching about the ps3 saying it sucks

Good show guys. I thought that Wombat went a little long with his wii talk. I appreciate the info, but he didn't really go to indepth about it. I love the "Mooch From Wombat" idea, it has a nice ring to it. Entertaining beginning, however it started to slow down after all the wii and ps3 talk. See ya in 2 weeks.

Wait...CheapyD snacks on popcorn when he's playing video games? This is impossible, unless you like a thick layer of grease on your gamepads when you're playing.

I'm a little late with this, but I thought I'd offer my opinion anyway. Not that you guys care. ;)

This was one heck of a show! You guys both seemed to be in top form and I enjoyed your initial impressions of the Wii and PS3, respectively. Also, your debate on the XBox Live movie/TV download service was pretty intense (and hilarious to boot), and although I can see both sides of the issue, I think Wombat won. One point you forgot to mention is that Microsoft also just released an HD-DVD drive for the 360. Wouldn't this kind of cannabalize on their download service, or vice versa? Is it wrong to say that digital distribution is the future while at the same time releasing an optical media drive? Seems pretty pointless to me. (This really belongs in the CAGbag.)

Overall, this episode gets a 9.5/10. The .5 is for mentioning my name in the show, and yes, I do scream at NPCs. Especially worthless ones.

Let me express my deepest sympathies for Wombat's fishing deficiencies. I had to put it down for the day because of that infernal part. The instructions are TERRIBLE at telling you how to actually use the wiimote to perform the required actions. So far in the game, this is the largest disappointment. The instructions on how to use this new controller that is new to everybody are fairly weak in several instances.

The fishing task made me head over to gameFAQs message boards and see what people were saying. Thankfully one person answered the question semi-literately. I can confidently say it would have taken me much too long to stumble across the correct motion to hook the fish and get the "FISH ON!" screen.

Good show, guys.

Cheapy,

Why are you dogging AllGames Radio? I think your podcast would be a great addition to their lineup.

First time I sat down and listened to the CAGcast. I was very impressed. Highly entertaining show, good chemistry between the hosts and a good mix of being irreverent while not letting the show turn into an in-joke filled muddle. Good job all around.

bread's done
Back