CAGcast #584: SEO Tips and Tricks

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
The gang talks new Borderlands, Captain Marvel (spoiler-free), Apex Legends Battle Pass, Iron Man VR, Apple announcements and so much more!

Download (1 hr 6 minutes) - iTunes - Google Play - Stitcher - RSS  - YouTube

This episode is brought to you by Chegg. For $5 off your first month's subscription, go to www.chegg.com/cagcast and enter promo code CAGCAST.

Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro - LYKKE LI – I FOLLOW RIVERS (The Magician Remix)
Outro - Old 80's Commercials - Volume 1
RSS - Full CAGcast Catalog

Facebook
Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

Check out the CAGcast on YouTube for clips, complete episodes, and more!

Last edited by a moderator:
Why does Cheapy want an Apple television exactly? He realizes they don't make any of their display technology right? LG and Samsung provide displays for iPads, iPhones, and MacBooks.

Like Shipwreck mentioned, there will be Samsung televisions this year with iTunes and AirPlay functionality built in. The rumored reasoning behind them not making a television is because they couldn't find anything innovative to bring to television design. 

On the topic of the rowing machines. I am assuming Cheapy has very long legs which are huge advantage while rowing. Being tall makes rowing soooo much easier.

RLM has been shoehorning jokes about "SJW" and trigger warnings for the last few years, not at all surprised by their stance on Captain Marvel and Brie Larson.

I watched "The Dirt" (the Motley Crue thing on Netflix Wombat was talking about) and it wasn't half bad.
And as a side note, I am listening to Motley Crue as I am typing this. AAAHHHHHhhhhh!!!!!!

I've been listening to the CAGcast for over a decade now, long enough to ditch my original username for something less embarrassing.  It's the highlight of my Thursday nights at work.

But ho-lee effin' crap, I'm going to ditch this podcast like a radioactive Wii U if Wombat doesn't stop saying "SEO."

the longest.
As far as I remember from my days of rowing almost 20 years ago, the biggest advantage for the rowing machine was weight, so the biggest guys had the best times. When I was 16, my time for 2000m was around 7:10, while the preferred times for that age would be a bit under 7 minutes. Grown rowers post times around 6 minutes and faster. Cheapy's time of 7:40 would be something boys around 13-14 years could do.

The world record for my age group is 5:47. 

The world record for 13-14 is 6:16.7

and as an update we had to do the 1600m (1 mile) this week and I got 5:50.

So I'm going to take issue with Shipwreck's executives matter take. They made their decisions at the cost of people actually making the games. They have no reason to have let the work conditions to reach such a stress point. I've read Jason's article and caught his recap on Kotaku's podcast, and on the podcast he brought up the story about the lead at Naughty Dog. After The Last of Us and again after Uncharted 4, both had horrible crunch to finish the game. That lead wanted to finally change it after Uncharted 4, talking to Jason at an event. Then just months later that same lead was on sabbatical, then left the company. That makes it look like the inertia to change is even bigger that project leads to fix. That means it's on the executives to make that change. Which means we Neff unions cause they won't.

The world record for my age group is 5:47.

The world record for 13-14 is 6:16.7

and as an update we had to do the 1600m (1 mile) this week and I got 5:50.
So you were on pace to be around 7:30 for 2000m. You should be able to drop in bellow 7 minutes if you keep training.

Btw, Cheapy, do you have any plans or trying to row in an actual boat? It's much more complex than a rowing machine, takes some time to learn how to do it but it is a lot of fun. Out of all the sports I've ever tried, rowing probably engages the most muscle groups.

Just catching up on podcasts, and wanted to say thanks to Wombat for pointing out the garbage hate RLM heaped on Brie Larson during the Captain Marvel review. Lets me know what kind of people they are, and to steer clear of them. Interesting to hear Cheapy loves them so much though...

bread's done
Back