CAGcast #6: ThunderCAGs, ho!

[quote name='JEKKI']that guy getting his power glove signed is REAL popular in the street figher community.

like an "infamous" kind of popular.

he was on MTV one time too![/QUOTE]

Yeah, but at the end of the day, he goes around town wearing a frickin' power glove. Not cool, man... seriously not cool.

Anyway, very nicely played CAGcast, gents! You're getting better as you go along.

Great CAGcast guys keep up the good work . I got a question for cheapy and wombat will you guys be attending the Digital Life event thats comming up here In NYC ?

Well, this is the first time that I've listened to a CAGCast. I'm currently listening to this one right now... and I must say, it's terrific!

I don't think I'm going to make a radio show now. There's no way anyone's going to like my show after hearing the quality programming that Cheapy & Wombat have produced. Excellent, interesting, and professional quality work guys. :applause:

By the way, awesome intro! Really cool that you were able to get Larry Kenney to do that. Awesome... :)

Also, the chemisty that Cheapy & Wombat have is excellent. You all sound like you've been doing stuff like this for years. I'll be tuning in from now on.

Just finished listening to the show...

:bow:

You are so awesome for the plugs you did for Larry Kenney, Cocoa Puffs, Thundercats, and something near and dear to my heart... Reno 911! You actually made Saucy Jack smile. Do you know how hard that is to do?

I'll have to catch up on the other CAGCasts. They are archived somewhere, if I remember correctly...

another good show. that thing about g4 is simply hilarious and, at the same time, a little unfortunate. it's hilarious because they suck so bad and kinda deserve it, but it's unfortunate that the only videogame channel around is going downhill...this may dissuade other companies from considering videogame shows, let alone dedicated channels. to me, it just seems like common sense. people want videogame previews, reviews, trailers, discussions, documentaries, etc. nobody cares about most of their terrible shows. and they seem to insist on making everything very corny, instead of just presenting it like a normal tv show...they seem to think that everyone who likes videogames is a retarded 10 year old. and now, they fail, and instead of realizing their mistakes, they are going to follow mtv's path of ignoring the original purpose of the channel and just start doing whatever they can to get an audience...any audience. very lame. it's too bad ign can't put together a half hour weekly show on a respectable channel.

regarding the racing games thing, i just don't know. i'm an avid racer, and i enjoy the burnout series somewhat, but it just feels like it's a racing game made for people who don't really like racing games. pgr is better, gran turismo is better, forza is better, f-zero is better, and maybe even a few others. sure, the crashing is cool, but the racing is just ok. and you should be disappointed in the 3 360 racing games that were on display because they are all going to be terrible, just like their previous versions.

are you guys going to be doing an X05 wrap up next week? after seeing the ingame footage of pgr3 and nba2k6 for the 360 over the last few days, i imagine that there is going to be a lot of people changing their opinions on the 360. i love basketball, but most basketball videogames can't keep me interested, but that in game footage of 2k6 is simply ridiculous. it's real and it looks better than sony's fake killzone video.

so.... Larry Kenney is stopping by later today and I would really like to have some good quotes about the show for him, so get a postin' people, thanks :)

[quote name='Wombat']so.... Larry Kenney is stopping by later today and I would really like to have some good quotes about the show for him, so get a postin' people, thanks :)[/QUOTE]

It was an awesome CAGCast. Larry did an awesome job with his part, and hopefully he'll make some other appearances in the future.

[quote name='Wombat']so.... Larry Kenney is stopping by later today and I would really like to have some good quotes about the show for him, so get a postin' people, thanks :)[/QUOTE]

Dang, he's stopping by again. You must be great in the sack, Wombat.

...Or did you have to pay for the voice work in multiple installments?

I think this was the best CAGcast so far. Lots of good content and a lot of remarks to things that were posted in the forums. And both me and my wife got a good laugh out of the "Vorms" comment. It's great to have jokes that only us geeks would be able to recognize.

I'm saddened that the cast will eventually have to be done permanently on Skype, though. Cheapy's not as soothing when he's not in the same room.

[quote name='shipwreck'] I'm saddened that the cast will eventually have to be done permanently on Skype, though. Cheapy's not as soothing when he's not in the same room.[/QUOTE]I think we just had some technical difficulties with that particular CAGcast (my hotel's internet connection was slow). Wombat was getting cut off on my end. I don't think that will be an issue once I'm in my apartment from the future.

[quote name='Wombat']so.... Larry Kenney is stopping by later today and I would really like to have some good quotes about the show for him, so get a postin' people, thanks :)[/QUOTE]CheapyMom has a recording of me at 2-3 years old, saying "Larry Kenney" over and over again. He was the host of Bowling For Dollars, and I was a big fan. I think there is another recording of me pretending to be Larry Kenney, but she is still looking for that one.

[quote name='CheapyD']I think we just had some technical difficulties with that particular CAGcast (my hotel's internet connection was slow). Wombat was getting cut off on my end. I don't think that will be an issue once I'm in my apartment from the future.[/QUOTE]

Good to know. I can't count the number of PodCasts that are rendered unlistenable by bad audio quality.

[quote name='shipwreck']Good to know. I can't count the number of PodCasts that are rendered unlistenable by bad audio quality.[/QUOTE]

You can't count to 6?

[quote name='civx']You can't count to 6?[/QUOTE]

You don't realize that there are other PodCasts besides CAGcast?

[quote name='shipwreck']You don't realize that there are other PodCasts besides CAGcast?[/QUOTE]

You realize I was joking right?

[quote name='CheapyD']
CheapyMom has a recording of me at 2-3 years old, saying "Larry Kenney" over and over again. He was the host of Bowling For Dollars, and I was a big fan. I think there is another recording of me pretending to be Larry Kenney, but she is still looking for that one.[/QUOTE]

I'd love to hear those. Hopefully CheapyMom can come through with those recordings. :rofl:

Just a little teaser for upcoming CAGcast #7... Wombat and I will be at Activision's preview event checking out Gun for Xbox 360, True Crime NYC, Call of Duty: Big Red One and more.
We'll also have more details on the Win Cheapy's Games contest.

[quote name='CheapyD']Just a little teaser for upcoming CAGcast #7... Wombat and I will be at Activision's preview event checking out Gun for Xbox 360, True Crime NYC, Call of Duty: Big Red One and more.
We'll also have more details on the Win Cheapy's Games contest.[/QUOTE]

Sounds terrific! Any idea on when we'll hear the next edition?

[quote name='CheapyD']Just a little teaser for upcoming CAGcast #7... Wombat and I will be at Activision's preview event checking out Gun for Xbox 360, True Crime NYC, Call of Duty: Big Red One and more.

Perfect time to comment on that story about the original Call of Duty creators getting kicked off the game series they made after the first one.

WIn Cheapy's games? Is this like a contest for your collection? :shock:

[quote name='CheapyD']Next CAGcast will likely be up early next week (Monday or Tuesday).
www.cheapassgamer.com/cheapyd/stack.jpg[/QUOTE]

Sweet. I actually like it when they come out early in the week instead of Friday. I usually don't listen to PodCasts much on the weekend and I leave for work before the CAGcasts are posted. That means I don't get around to listening to them until Monday and then some of the info is dated. Having them come out at the beginning of the week is great for me.

Are you planning on having them regularly come out on Monday or Tuesday now?

[quote name='chickenhawk']WIn Cheapy's games? Is this like a contest for your collection? [/QUOTE]
Not all of it, but the bulk of my current gen games as well as whatever E3/TGS schwag I can find. It just doesn't make sense to take 'em with me to Japan and I figured its more fun to give 'em away to a lucky CAG than to get a few bucks trade-in at EB.
Don't know if you noticed the tease img I posted above:
www.cheapassgamer.com/cheapyd/stack.jpg
[quote name='shipwreck']Sweet. I actually like it when they come out early in the week instead of Friday. I usually don't listen to PodCasts much on the weekend and I leave for work before the CAGcasts are posted. That means I don't get around to listening to them until Monday and then some of the info is dated. Having them come out at the beginning of the week is great for me.
Are you planning on having them regularly come out on Monday or Tuesday now?[/QUOTE]Yeah, I think it makes more sense too.

Nice job. Thundercats was a nice touch, made funnier with the new Family Guy movie also containing a funny Thundercats bit...

List of games on the CheapyD collection pic

Xbox
Xbox demo disc
Conker demo disc
Fable (bonus disc)
NBA Street 3
Area 51
KOTOR 2
Burnout 3
Brute Force
XIII
Deus Ex: Invisible War
Rocky Legends
Ninja Gaiden
Driv3r
Splinter Cell:pT

PS2
Timespitters 2
Socom 2
Spider-Man 2
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
State of Emergency
Onimusha 3
Rachet & Clank 2
Beyond Good and Evil
Madden 04
Tiger Woods 04
NBA Jam
Winning Eleven 7
Champions: Return to Arms
Karaoke Revolution
NHL Hitz Pro
Simpsons Hit & Run
Frequency
Twisted Metal: Black
MGS: 2 document

GC
Waverace (disc only)
Mario Party 5 (disc only)

PS1
Castlevania: SOTN (sealed)

Uh, not that hard. CheapyD must of came in and edited it a bit. For example there is no way in hell I could tell if Castlevania:SOTN was sealed or not.

Hmmm...how about doing a contest with multiple winners? Like everyone gets 5 games or something, and you draw randomly for the person that gets to pick first.

I didn't know Wombat was Goldmember! Wow.

I wonder which Mrs. Wombat hates more... the gold package or the plans for the "Call Wombat at 3 AM Eastern Contest".

bread's done
Back