CAGcast #60: All Aboard!

well anyway lik i said again great show and cheapy is that kanji game in like english or japanese would love to learn some japanese

Wombat, I wouldn't say going to New Jersey is something to brag about.

Cheapy, go play Maniac Mansion.

And both of you, give me Resistance or give me death.

Been listening to the CAGcast for a while now--one of my favorite podcasts, and I listen to a lot of them--about 100 minutes a day. Just wanted to write in and say thanks for flooding my brain with memories of Sewer Shark, Night Trap, and the Marky Mark make your own music video game (personally I had the Kris Kross version). I'm wondering how many people that listen to the CAGcast are old enough to remember/have owned these Sega CD gems?

Great job with the show!

Vosos

Niner-Six-Niner-Three!

re·sist·ance [ri-zis-tuh
thinsp.png
ns]
–noun
1. the act or power of resisting, opposing, or withstanding.
2. the opposition offered by one thing, force, etc., to another.
3. Electricity.
a. Also called ohmic resistance. a property of a conductor by virtue of which the passage of current is opposed, causing electric energy to be transformed into heat: equal to the voltage across the conductor divided by the current flowing in the conductor: usually measured in ohms. Abbreviation: R
b. a conductor or coil offering such opposition; resistor.
4. Psychiatry. opposition to an attempt to bring repressed thoughts or feelings into consciousness.
5. (often initial capital letter
thinsp.png
)
an underground organization composed of groups of private individuals working as an opposition force in a conquered country to overthrow the occupying power, usually by acts of sabotage, guerrilla warfare, etc.: the resistance during the German occupation in World War II.
6. Stock Exchange. RESISTANCE LEVEL.

—Synonyms
1. opposition, obstinacy, defiance, intransigence.

Mmmm...Resistance: Fall of Man

"Man who sleep in bed of nails is holy."

I've wondered about the full motion video being used in games more often. The screens I saw of the train game you talked about looked very good. Can't wait to see if your right about another one coming out too.

And 1.5 update had more then just the card reader stuff. Fixed most of the PS2 viewing problems on the PS3.

Killzone.

[quote name='CheapyD']I have no idea what you are talking about...
[/quote]

My bad... Between Hotspot, Next Generation.biz, EGM Live, GFW Radio, I Up Your and IGN Game podcast, CAGcast's sound quality is on par with Hotspot (thats saying alot).

Being in NY (you and wombat may know about this) I pump the volume to the max on my PSP (I use my PSP to schedule RSS downloads) to drown out the sounds of the City; People crying for help, gun shots, you know... the usual. On the bright side, I can actually hear and listen to CAG and Hotspot with out rewinding or straining to listen over the sound of the trains. The downside is once I'm in a fairly quiet area, I can here your lips smack and Wombat drink from his glass (1:05).

Bonus... Your Vlurp was... distinct and full bodied. If you flatulate I bet I could hear the echo.

I thought this was the funniest episode since episode 51. That's probably because I'm an immature person.

Resistance: Fall of Man

lets see..something profound....CheapassGamer has altered my once futile existence of drab full priced video entertainment, to an enlightened state of perpetual frugality as my sole manner of subsistence has become...

CHEAP ASS GAMES!!!!

and ya damn fine cagcast..the image of Cheapy as a bald 2 year old with a big grin holding a mic, had me laughing on the shuttle for a while

Resistance me UP scotty!!

To improve Xbox live i would love to have a reason to use my vision camera. I wish i could save pictures on my xbox from my vision camera. I want to save pictures to either send later or even just to look at later.

cant wait for the cheapy awards.

all this talk of fallout and maniac mansion makes me miss all those awesome pc games.

resistance is futile!

I can confirm that some people i know have bought the Wii just for Wii sports, they just love the simple gameplay and the fact that it comes with the system is just awsome.

Question (s?): Cheapy have you used your PS3 to watch video's and whatnot? I personally feel like this feature is fantastic as people can download and transcode video's from their PC to PS3 quickly (but unfortunetly not that easily.) This is a great feature on the PSP that is often overlooked aswell.
Also, are you guys looking foreward to Mass Effect? I have noticed that this game has not been getting very much hype to the surprising fact that it looks like it could be the best game of 2007.

PS: I loved the part where you guys talked about how wombat couldnt keep his job (haha, just kidding, always aim higher and whatnot) and *cough cough* RESISTANCE FALL OF MAN.

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!" - Fry, Futurama

Great episode as always.

I wish we had a chance to win Railfan, but since we don't, I'd certainly love Resistance as well. :p

[quote name='CheapyD']I have no idea what you are talking about...

I really wish I had a way to capture video and put together a little video demonstration...[/quote]

you could always drop 10 bucks on a gamebridge (as seen on the front page)

I hope you won't put up much resistance on such a frugal purchase.

I would also like to know how CheapyD feels about the BC improvement on the PS3.

I'd also like Resistance.

Hey there Cheapy, and Wombat. I would like to win the PSP SOCOM Fire Team Bravo prize if selected.

And to thank you for telling me about the Game RailFan. While I am praying that this game is worth $69.99 from Play-Asia, I am confident since I have enjoyed most of the games that Cheapy has recommened in the past.

I love the show, it helps at least one hour of my work week go by, good luck to Wombat with his new job, working really cuts into a persons gaming life does it? That is why I play the lottery twice a week!

Great show guys. Rail Fan FTW! Well maybe not but if your'e having fun with it that's all that matters.

Resistance Please.

I like the longer show better as well. You guys are still doing a great job. I would like a copy of resistance

Enjoyed the Viva Piñata discussion and I'm glad you're getting into it, Cheapy. I agree it's difficult to nail down the target demographic for that game--but I don't think it's too complicated for kids. My 10-year-old daughter, on her own, took our garden from level 10 to level 20. As you noted, you don't have to get into the micromanagement of everything. The game will progress, albeit at a slower pace, if you just perform some minimal functions.

I really think the key demo for that game--and one I'm not certain they're even marketing it for--is girls in general. I think VP is a perfect Trojan Horsetachio to get your significant other into a game. My wife hates video games and, while I haven't gotten her to actively play VP, she takes part in the naimng, mating, and design decisions of the garden. It's a game that a female of any age can play--because they won't be put off by the cuteness of it, like many males will (sweeping generalization--sue me).

Thanks for another great episode Wombat and Cheapy.

It was great to hear Sewer Shark brought up. I know its sad but I was so into that game. That and Ground Zero Texas.

Oh yeah, put me down for Resistance.

[quote name='abhinav']I can confirm that some people i know have bought the Wii just for Wii sports, they just love the simple gameplay and the fact that it comes with the system is just awsome.

[/quote]

I don't get it...why buy a system to play something you can do in real life? Do we need virtural bowling? I can bowl in real life at a fraction of the cost of a Wii!

[quote name='PanzerNinja']It was great to hear Sewer Shark brought up. I know its sad but I was so into that game. That and Ground Zero Texas.

Oh yeah, put me down for Resistance.[/quote]

Wirehead and Doubeswitch was much better.

Great show guys. Cheapy you had me crackin up when you were telling your story from when you crapped your pants in the 2nd grade!!! I think we've all been there at some point in our lives.........er ok maybe not lol. I also enjoyed the talk on the train sim. I kinda sounded like one of the Microsoft Flight Sims but with full motion video.

Also I just want to say that the only bad thing about the cagcast for me personally is the lack of pc gaming talk in general. I'm not blaming you and Wombat or anything because I know you've said before that you were never really into pc gaming much. I think 2007 is going to be a really great year for pc gaming. With Windows Vista launching soon along with Live Anywhere later in the year I think this is going to be a critical year for the future of pc gaming. The downside to all of this is the pc's needed to run some of these new games (stares at you Crysis) are going to be very expensive to build/upgrade. But hopefully a few years from now the majority of us can enjoy these new games on pc's that can run these games and run them well. Anyways just a little food for thought.

How was that Wombat??? Pretty thought provoking stuff huh??? Ok well maybe not, but that is more than just posting the name of the game I want to win.

Oh yeah...... Socom FTB 2 :D

Hearing that the most exciting game for the PS3 right now is a Train Similuator where you have to make sure you're still on schedule makes me glad I still didn't get one yet. As for Viva Pinata, maybe it would have sold more copies if it was advertised as a sex simulator. I was impressed with the abilites available in the Crackdown demo, as jumping from rooftop to rooftop doesn't appear to be getting old anytime soon. However, I'm disappointed that there is no plot to speak of... at all. It's basically, you're a generic super cop, kill gang member A to get to gang member B which means you can now kill gang boss C.

Nice show guys. I too was thinking of attending PAX this year. I think E3's downfall will make PAX that much more interesting, or at least compelling enough for me to fly out there and check it out.

Dear Wombat, like a lot of things in life as you know it's all about presentation, not content. Cheapy's life is interesting not just because he's our "Man in Japan" but also because of the personal way he tells the story. To better illustrate, recall the time Cheapy was telling us about his trip to Thailand with Mrs Cheapy, like his and many vacations there are parts that are by nature bland unless you choose to inject a little personal touch to the events that unfolded. Don't just list the facts, explain how it's affecting you or even just tell us a funny thing that happened to you that day. There are times when your true side comes out and you just need to keep it up. As a blessing and/or curse you have a following and we want to know more about the "CAGMan in NY".

Hey Cheapy maybe you could find a trailer for the Train Sim game on a Japaese website that you could link, I'm very interested in seeing gameplay footage of either you or someone playing partcularly if there is an FMV game out there that is actually decent.

started listening to your show 2 weeks ago. and listening to #60 right now at work. love it. keep up the good work.

RESISTANCE would be nice.

I'll agree with sinewav's comments regarding Wombat. I'll only add that, from what I've heard (since show #54), you come off as embarassed about your life in general. Perhaps that leads to you being "cryptic" about it, perhaps not. I do enjoy the dynamic between you and CheapyD though. A lot like Perfect Strangers, audio only.

My pick for prize would be Resistance: Fall of Man. Keep up the great work guys, longer is better!

Wow, I remember back in the day that C&C Music Factory game was one of the first one's I bought for the Sega CD, and I played the crap out of it. I also might have been gay come to think of it. But I'm pleased to say that since then I've found Jesus and have been cured...I no longer like C&C.

Viva la Resistance.

:rofl: at CheapyD taking a crap on the floor in second grade :rofl: holy shit, i laughed so hard people thought I was the one crazy guy on the bus today. genius.

Socom

It was somewhat interesting to hear about Wombat's life.....needs more misadventures in office buildings to spice things up.

Resistance

[quote name='MysteryMan2333']Hearing that the most exciting game for the PS3 right now is a Train Similuator where you have to make sure you're still on schedule makes me glad I still didn't get one yet. As for Viva Pinata, maybe it would have sold more copies if it was advertised as a sex simulator. I was impressed with the abilites available in the Crackdown demo, as jumping from rooftop to rooftop doesn't appear to be getting old anytime soon. However, I'm disappointed that there is no plot to speak of... at all. It's basically, you're a generic super cop, kill gang member A to get to gang member B which means you can now kill gang boss C.[/QUOTE]

Boo to you! I'm a "Densha De Go!" fan. Chac I'm disappointed.

Oh and fuck you Wombat, I have size 13 feet as well.

[quote name='Sarang01']Boo to you! I'm a "Densha De Go!" fan. Chac I'm disappointed.
[/QUOTE]

Well, to be fair, I'd like to try some of those train molestor simulations, but they're expensive. See, Cheapy's train game was missing one crucial word in the genre.

I enjoyed the latest episode of the CAGcast very much and am thinking of purchasing another current-gen system to compliment my 360.

also, a copy of resistance would be nice to win.

Great episode!

I like the idea of paying a small fee to expand the number of people you can have on your 360 friends list. I'm at 98 right now, and I hate having to delete people to make room for more. I hope Major Nelson was listening to that one, though it's doubtful. Does anyone know if there is a limit to the number of PlayStation Network friends you can have?

But if they let you expand it I also hope they allow you to sort your friends into groups. 'Cuz if there were 200 people on my list I'd barely be able to keep everyone straight.

Wait, who wants to PAY money to have more "friends" on 360? Get real people, nobody has 100 online friends. Delete some of those losers you played one game of Gears of War against.

well i decided to download the show on my psp and listen to it in my car on the way to work this morning...

so far so good....

and i learned me and cheapy have something in common... size 13 ftw!!!!

And yea resistance :)

I think you convinced me to try Viva Pinata, especially considering Wombat's amusing description of the game. It's not like I don't play "cute" games (Katamari), but something about the placement of that title on a system like the 360 didn't make much sense to me.

Resistance would be nice, since I still haven't bought a game for my PS3.

im sure its been posted, but you can select from about 6 guys in the demo. just move your selection cursor to the face and move left or right. it was also noticed thet there are femal agents, but it is doubtful you can select one in the retain game.

also it seems that there will be some later customization to your chosen character. in the background of each character there is another version of his face with edgy hair and tattoo's. so something to look forward to.

and resistance, please

cheapy and wombat great show, but i didnt agree on paying extra for things they could just fix in a update, i agree with another user that they should go by $ instead of points.

btw i would like to enter for resistance

bread's done
Back