CAGcast #61: Cheapy's Choice

Phoenix Wright 2 please if possible. Seeing how I have been on the edge of getting the first one getting a free one would definitely cause me to buy every game in the future that will come out. Oh, and I do not have a PSP! I spent all my money on my Wii and a fund for my upcoming Xbox 360...plus I need to keep getting games for my DS as well!

As a card carrying member of the Steel Samurai Fan Club, I would love to get a copy of Phoenix Wright™ Ace Attorney™ Justice For All.

Enjoy the CAGcast; keep up the good work!

I should get one of the copies of Phoenix Wright because I probably won't end up buying this game. You see, as an actual lawyer....I'd have a hard time justifying coming home from my day-job to play a game loosely based on my day-job. (For the same reason, I don't see many surgeons lining up to play Trauma Center.)

DS over PSP any day!

Wow, a contest with something I'm actually interested in. I've got 11 DS games including PW1 waiting for my DS Lite to arrive. Phoenix Wright 2: Metallica ...And Justice For All would complete my pre-arrival of my new toilet-toy.

Sony should have known better than to try to include blu-ray into its system.
Its what hurt its launch this time in price and time constraints.
They got greedy.
If the ps3 launched with an optional blu-ray player later (like the 360 did with HD-DVD) and 1 game like devil may cry, metal gear, FF, or just about ANY franchise from the ps2 - they would have had a [more] successful launch.
The greedy bastards were relying on their name in this release and found out people are not that loyal.
Hopefully the ps3 wont lose too many exclusives.
I know if I were a game developer right now, I'd be waiting for Sony to step it up in sales, before I release my game to a maximum of 1 million users.
Is it even possible to make a profit with those sorts of numbers?

Long Time Listener, First Time Poster. Just wanted to give congrats to you on another great show. I would also like to put my hat in the ring for the new Phoenix Wright DS game.

Thanks for the entertainment you provide each week! Keep it up!

I would love to have the Phoniex Wright 2 game.

It'll be even more entertaining for me since I'm a first year law student.

Great work on the show guys. Also kickass toy Cheapy!!

Don't worry for being ignored by Kotaku, I've been trying to get a invite to comment for a while now. I never get any response.

Good stuff, as usual.

Just about as good as Phoenix Wright 2.

(Sorry, nothing epic or witty to fill this post in with)

I didn't play Phoenix Wright on the can, but perhaps I'll give it a try with Phoenix Wright 2.

While I fully realize that Cheapy recounting his in-shower handjob was wholly inappropriate, I can’t help but feel a bit proud. As another married CAG who’s probably not getting it as often as he’d prefer, I chalk this one up as a victory for all of us.

Hopefully this admission will be enough to land me a free copy of Phoenix Wright for my beloved Nintendo DS.

Phoenix Wright 2...

with that out of the way. Great gag this week Wombat. I started laughing out loud when you suggest that Cheapy be called 'Brighteyes' and my wife just looked at me like I was an ass. We've been having an ongoing argument with friends as to if she or I are the bigger nerd, and that I got that Planet of the Apes reference might have sealed my position as biggest dork in this marriage.
I'm doubting she even knows who 'Doc' Zaius is (though I forced her to watch EVERY EPISODE of the POTA animated series just a few months ago.)

Great show! and thanks for keeping your stomach on hold for an hour Cheapy. My wifes libido thanks you as well.

The title of this cast is sort of odd. It is like an after school special where little Cheapy gets pregnant by her high school sweetheart, and ultimately decides to keep the baby rather than get an abortion. "This week on Cheapy's Choice ..."

Just an observation. The cast was great as always.

Now THAT is a bad ass toy cheapy. It really is too bad it doesnt talk or move on its own.
as for the contest:

NDS>PSP. Phoenix wright JFA got lower reviews then the first one, but then again the first one is pretty impossible to top off. Sign me up for a copy!

Phoenix Wright 2 , please . The DS captures that classic Nintendo fun factor .

The PSP is great , with custom firmware .
Great show , no crazy surprises , "You stick your dick in it !" [WTF?] .

Glad to see your back on track with your usual awesomeness .

The PS3 should have launched with Blu-ray as an optional attachment, they should make a 2D Sonic game, and I could use some Killzone for my PSP. Great show as always guys!

cheapy that was a very funny unboxing I had a good laugh out of it. Also that was the first time I got to see your real face now let's see wombat do a video or something like that.

DS Pheonix Wright

Phoenix Wright 2 please, because Mother 3 will never get translated, but this already is. :lol: We can't let it die like Earthbound did. :hot:

Despite the many replies in this topic, it seems that we have only scratched the surface of the business argument in favor of keeping God of War and Yakuza on the PS2. Tell me, what do God of War, Yakuza, and Shenmue have in common? The answer: It's the initial cost of development.

(Granted one could easily make an argument involving the development costs of Shenmue and Yakuza, while God of War's development costs are a bit more of a mystery. But just looking at God of War could tell you that it didn't have a small development price tag.)

And what do you when development costs for the first game are high? Answer: You make a sequel using the same engine, with some minor, yet noticeable, enhancements. In nearly every console game development process, the majority of the costs will most likely go towards building the engine behind the game. Once you have the engine, you can churn out sequels at a lower cost using that engine. Numerous companies do this practice, even if the original game had low costs and high profits, but high costs can encourage this practice further.

(I'm thinking about Sega's past plans for Shenmue...)

There are two problems with moving God of War and Yakuza to the PS3:
1. The developers would have to deal with creating a new engine to suit the PS3's different architecture and capabilities.

2. (Mostly applies to God of War) When you have a successful franchise like God of War, which showed consumers what the PS2 was capable of graphically, expectations are much, much higher, and the pressure is much, much greater if the developers decide to release the sequel on a next-gen console. There is the potential of the franchise losing credibility if the next-gen sequel doesn't feel as revolutionary or important as the first. At least with the PS2 release, not only are you reaching a larger fan base, these fans will most likely have lower expectations, as the sequel will still be considered an impressive feat for the console.

(Phew! I was going to talk about something else, but I forget what it was...)

Hey I was wondering, do you know of any good gaming podcasts besides yours of course. I usually download your show and the Howard Stern Show listen to them on my cell phone while I am at work. Please don't recommend 1up's group of podcasts or Gamespot's because their podcasts crash my phone. BTW I would like to have Pheonix Wright: And Justice for All mainly because I have the first game and like it as well as my Nintendo DS Lite (after searching three different states to find one of course).

Well, this is embarrassing to admit, but this was the first CAGcast I've heard. I enjoyed it a lot and look forward to listening to all future episodes.

Put me down for Phoenix Wright 2, please.

bread's done
Back