CAGcast #77: Calling All CAGs

[quote name='DarkNessBear']
P.S. Why not have a browser opened as you guys discuss things? "MGS4 is coming to 360" Look for new info, cause it was proven to be false.[/QUOTE]
No, it wasn't.

Man you guys are wrong wrong wrong. Especially Cheapy.

You CAN spend exactly what the game costs, there's no reason why you should have spare change. And most places don't charge tax on the games.

Plenty of people are playing warhawk, ever since the first day. Maybe you are not seeing people there because of your filters.

You don't select servers with sixaxis control, you select that on your end. Did you even go to the options menu? It's harder to use, but you can aim in ways that people using the stick can't do.

The show was good anyway. :D

BTW, as a PS3 owner, I only get upset about losing exclusivity because it means the possibility of a game being downgraded for use on two consoles instead of optimized for one.

Sup guys,

i love listening to your podcast. Now that shipwreck and his wife have their own podcast, i have two things to look forward every week.

Can you please post on the front page on the week that you don't have a podcast because i'd have to visit your page everyday just to check and see when the next cagcast is going to be up.

cheapyd, i'd like to see you be a special guest on epilepticgaming when you attend e3 this yr. Can you tell me if they invited you to be their special guest or not?

It's dollars and cents. Period.

The PS3 is losing exclusives because it hasn't sold well enough. Game design and distribution is a business with the ultimate goal of making money. Why would any company want to limit their game to the platform that has sold the fewest units? That's bad business.

Like Cheapy, I have all three systems and at this point the Xbox 360 is the best by far. I too hope the PS3 improves, I would love to have another great gaming console, but at this point it just isn't there.

I do expect the PS3 to come on strong in the future, but for those of you whining and crying on this board that the PS3 doesn't get much love...it doesn't deserve much...yet.

I don't know why Wombat is complaning about a 10 dollar game being 15 dollars. You don't have to add extra amount of money to your wallet. You have the option of adding exactly the amount required for the purchase.

[quote name='Paullenation']Hey there CheapyD and Wombat, I just picked up the ps3 a little while ago and noticed you were having some problems with the PSN in terms of having spare change in your PSN wallet? Well, to resolve this, just leave your wallet empty, and proceed to the checkout. Wham-o you got yourself a game, without the hassle of retaining in-store credit because Sony will deduct the exact amount from your credit card; the way it should be. Maybe I'll get CAC sometime this weekend and the CAG community can give this thing a fair shake online? Great show guys, keep em coming.[/QUOTE]

I think I got confused by that 5 dollar minimum and the first thing I purchased was 5 plus tax, so I had to plunk down another five and now I can't have an empty wallet, so am I just screwed or what here?

Hey everyone,

Just a reminder that the Goozex DS Lite giveaway promotion is ending soon. To enter all you have to do is signup using the code: CAG-2007.

The winner will be announced in the next CAGCast (#78).

***End Date***
Promotion ends Wednesday, June 6 @ 6:00 p.m. EST

Good luck and happy trading!

~Goozex~

[quote name='DarkNessBear']
And it seems like every time CheapyD talks I can predict what he will say, "You know what... it isnt THAT great... I dunno its alright..." and hes talking about like some big hitter on a Playstation console. Im like, WHAT THATS IT!?
[/QUOTE]

What Sony "heavy hitters" have come out recently?! The last one IMO, God of War 2, received nothing but praise from CheapyD.

OK, I'm not one for personal attacks, but after hearing Wombat shit on "Vagina Clown", and even CAG faithful, it's time I said my peace.

First off, I am an older gamer, 33 years old, and as a fellow gaming website content provider have been a big fan of Cheap Ass Gamer for a long time, and have been listening to your CAGcast since the beginning.

Dave, you do a great job with the cast, and with the website in general. Sure you aren't going to win any awards for site design, but you cover your chosen topic well, and have a good connection to what's going on dealwise. You are also a charismatic host and the show is well planned, well executed and, for the most part, enjoyable to listen to. You give the CAGcast her hot body and nice tits.

Then comes the butterface. The CAGcast's face appears to have been hit by the ugly bus, then the driver threw it in reverse and backed over it again. This face is, of course, Wombat, a guy who unnecessarily hides behind his gamertag.

I realize that without Wombat's inital tom-foolery there would have been no CAGcast, but now it's time to cut your losses and move on. Wombat is useless at best, and at a minimum, annoying as hell. He whines about just about everything, his opinions are so far off mainstream it's not even funny, and his personal attacks are just too numerous (although I'll return that favor here soon). I still listen to the CAGcast week after week because I am always interested in what Dave has to say, and the Japan spin on things is really interesting. To continue my butterface analogy, I put a bag over the CAGcast's face to hit that fine body. :D The CAGcast would be better with Dave running solo (ala Major Nelson), or doing a live call-in show where he's not really alone. Anyway, the show is great, but could be better.

And since Wombat is a fan of personal attacks, these are strictly to show him how it feels when he does it to others:

1. Wombat is like the kid in grammar school that was neighbors with one of the "cool kids", so that kid had to stick up for him. Wombat is in one corner of the room picking his nose and eating it and Dave is trying to tell us that he's really cool and we just don't know it.

2. How does a big guy like Wombat get such a squeaky high voice? Until seeing the PS3 unboxing I always assumed he was a 5'2" scrawny kid but he's kind chunky. Castration?

3. After seeing the Shitbat in the PS3 video, I am no longer curious to see what his wife looks like. Your catch is only as good as your bait, and in this case, our bait is a 30-year old lump of cellulose and shit. 'nuf said.

4. Where the shit do you get off shitting on others when the walls of your glass house are covered with your own feces?

fuck you wombat, fuck you.... Keep up the great work Dave...

Derek

PS - I know neither of you get this right, but it's Maaaah-ree-o, not Marry-o. You guys are both from New York so we'll chalk up your error on that.

Congratulations on being an older gamer, a web site content provider, and for knowing Cheapy's name. Oh, and for being an idiot.

[quote name='mik']Congratulations on being an older gamer, a web site content provider, and for knowing Cheapy's name. Oh, and for being an idiot.[/quote]
Obviously a Wombat fanboy, like your avatar suggests... The guy is a cancer on the CAGcast. He needs to be removed.

D

I kind of feel the same way but I'm not as hostile towards wombat. I understand that he's more annoying and doesn't really add anything to the show in my opinion but I doubt cheapy is going to drop him from the cagcast anytime soon. His constant complaining about everything not being perfect drives me crazy sometimes but I kind of just zone out when he's starts bitching about something. Whenever wombat tries to tell a joke he reminds me of the kid in high school who tries to tell a joke and in the end he's the only one laughing and everyone is just staring at him wondering when he is going to shut up.

[quote name='Mex25']I kind of feel the same way but I'm not as hostile towards wombat. I understand that he's more annoying and doesn't really add anything to the show in my opinion but I doubt cheapy is going to drop him from the cagcast anytime soon. His constant complaining about everything not being perfect drives me crazy sometimes but I kind of just zone out when he's starts bitching about something. Whenever wombat tries to tell a joke he reminds me of the kid in high school who tries to tell a joke and in the end he's the only one laughing and everyone is just staring at him wondering when he is going to shut up.[/quote]
LOL... Your analogy is so dead-on. :applause: Well done...

D

[quote name='AwRy108']I do get charged sales tax, and I'm in NY. Perhaps it does vary state by state? Either way, I'm not surprised that NY wants more of my $, since obviously they aren't already getting enough...[/QUOTE]
SD does not get charged sales tax on PSN downloads. We also don't get charged tax on Wii VC downloads. I also was able to check out and pay exactly the total without having to buy extra credits for my wallet.

Wow, 2pop... Look, I'm not invested in either of these guys (Cheapy and Wombat) but I like the show and I like the way they interact and I don't have a problem with Wombat. I think he can be funny sometimes. Sure, the occasional joke misfires but that's to be expected - he isn't a professional comedian (and even they backfire often :lol:).

I can understand not liking his negativity. I, personally, don't mind it as I'm sort of the same way - just about different things. For example, I think both Cheapy and Wombat are too negative on the Wii, but it doesn't make me hate them for it!

But what I really don't get is you going after him for personal attacks. WTF? Besides the Vagina Clown thing, which I thought was in bad taste and nothing else (I've never listed to this pretentiously named "Major Nelson" myself), I haven't really noticed Wombat going the personal attack route. Your tirade makes it sound like he went after you at some point - is that it? Seriously, I just don't get it. I know you were trying to prove a point, but I think you went over the line with points 2 and 3 there...

I mean, sure, Wombat is a bit snarky and maybe a bit of a smart-ass, but I think, mostly, in a funny way. I guess that rubs some people the wrong way though. Meh...

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The CAGcast would be incredibly dull without Wombat. If the CAGcast was without Cheapy, it would be terrible as well.

Both hosts are integral to the show, without either of them there is no CAGcast.

Great show again, guys.

Cheapy, when talking themes for your 360, you had mentioned a Japanese water garden picture as a background. I got the impression that you were using a photo you took yourself as your dashboard theme. Is it true or did I miss something? I would love to customize my dashboard with custom images, but didn't think it was possible.

And yes, the Dirty Dancing revelation made me cringe, but the "after school" bit is what made it worse.

[quote name='startrbear']
Cheapy, when talking themes for your 360, you had mentioned a Japanese water garden picture as a background. I got the impression that you were using a photo you took yourself as your dashboard theme. Is it true or did I miss something? I would love to customize my dashboard with custom images, but didn't think it was possible.[/QUOTE]

I didn't think it would be either as I'd never heard it mentioned plus they sell all those themes so I figured that would be the only way to customize. However, I was just messing around with displaying photos streamed from my computer and found an option to make one a background. You only get the one picture for all the blades (except Marketplace which is always the same), but it is nicer than paying for something and I have tons of excellent photos to choose from - better than anything I've seen for sale (as far as I'm concerned). Maybe it's a new feature with one of the recent updates? I dunno, I've only had my 360 for a month.

[quote name='CheapyD']Nah, that feature has been around from the start.[/QUOTE]

Well, I've never said this in my entire life, but kudos to Microsoft for including this feature. You'd think they would only allow customization via DLC (and thus for $$). I mean, I might have bought a theme if I hadn't found the background picture deal by accident :lol:.

I think the problem with exclusive games becoming multi-platform is that the game usually suffers. It would be ok if they waited until they were finished with one version to go and work on the other, but that doesn't usually happen. Everyone knows splitting up resources never helped any game.

Good show and a muchhh better live effort than the last one. I'm sure that with more tubes or drain-o-max, the Live CAGcast can blossom into...cool shit.

[quote name='io']Well, I've never said this in my entire life, but kudos to Microsoft for including this feature. You'd think they would only allow customization via DLC (and thus for $$). I mean, I might have bought a theme if I hadn't found the background picture deal by accident :lol:.[/quote]

I'm glad this was mentioned. I have bought a couple of themes, but would prefer to be a little more creative. Just viewing a photo and pressing 'x'. :roll:

bread's done
Back