CAGcast #8: GameTapped!

[quote name='Wombat']I hate Gaming Steve and will be phony phone-calling him all week at 3AM.[/QUOTE] I can't believe you went there! :shame:

Well, you should check out his show, just to see how much better yours is. Yeah it's too bad you missed that show. They have a ton of games to try out. GS and the 3 guys that were on the show with him all hated Perfect Dark and said it was the worst game of the show. They liked Call of Duty 2, Condemned, Kameo and NFS. They also liked Oblivion though, they said a game like that is hard to judge when it's so huge and you get to play so little. It's actually worth listening to just to hear some opinions on some 360 games.

Yeah, I have actually played most of those 360 games at Tokyo Game Show, so I won't be burning down Gaming Steve's house like Wombat.

I heard that he's called Gaming Steve cause he likes to shoot wild animals, the videogame pod cast is just an odd coincidence

Hahah. For the next episode, will you please talk about gaming steve? I think it would be pretty damn funny. Please oh please oh please!!??

CheapyD, why don't you give your impressions on the 360 games during the show? I've preordered my 360, but i'm still kinda stuck on what game to get with it. It would help a lot! :D

Just wanted to say that this is my favorite podcast. It's informative and entertaining. It's not too long or too short, and it's never annoying. Keep it up!

[quote name='SpreadTheWord']
When you guys were talking about new releases you stopped yourselves from saying anything too bad about The Warriors. I say go ahead and tell us what you think. I understand when gaming sites hold off until they get a final review copy, but I like how you tell us what you think of the games, like the Xbox 360 impressions that you've been able to bring us lately.

Once again a great show. And I will never bitch about a CAGCast being too long.[/QUOTE]I didn't think it was fair to bash the game because I have never played it. I was just making a guess based on what I had read.

The Xbox 360 stuff I actually got to play, so I had no problem telling you guys what I thought of it.

Glad you like the show!

Personally, I thought we should have edited down the GameTap interview by 5 minutes or so, but we are very lazy.

[quote name='CheapyD']I am no good at this podcast thing and I am replacing myself with gaming steve and wombat, because he is super awesome will stay on as co-host.[/QUOTE]

I think this really is for the best, and finally I'll get to talk about huntin

[quote name='CheapyD']Personally, I thought we should have edited down the GameTap interview by 5 minutes or so, but we are very lazy.[/QUOTE]

I would have to agree with you on that one. I'm about 15 minutes in right now and I'm starting to get a little bored. It could be that I have no interest in GameTap, but it seems to be repeating a lot of the same information a lot. I'm at minute 16 now.

It's much better after minute 18 and more up to the quality that I've come to expect from CAGcasts.

Gametap opens up a huge can of legal worms.

Most people playing ROMs can hide behind fuzzy laws. Basically, a company can't sue for copyright infringement if said company hasn't made any money off of the game for several years.

Gametap enters the scene and these ROM gamers can be gigged again.

I'm curious how much GameTap is paying game companies to license various games.

Finally listened to this yesterday. I liked the on location stuff with the special guest. Nice new twist. And wombat looks nothing like I would have pictured him. :D

[quote name='Wombat']why doesnt anyone say, "wow that Wombat, he sure is handsome"[/QUOTE]
Are you sure you want a bunch of guys calling you handsome? :lol:

I just listened to Gaming Steve's PodCast. And I think He's is missing an awesome radio voice and a "annoying yet devilishly handsome sidekick"

So I checked out the gametap website. It looks really cool, but I can't see myself paying even $5/month for the service. I love old school games (can't believe they even have the old text-based Zork adventures :D), but it's the kind of thing I'd really get into for one day on a whim then forget about the next. The reason is basically that I have a ton of other crap at home that I've already paid for and have yet to go through. Not to mention recurring subscriptions to Xbox live, cable TV, and magazines. I'll bet most hard core and casual gamers will have similar feelings. That leaves the non-gamers like the "granny" mentioned during the interview. Can they really break open that market?

Highly innovative? Yes. Profitable? I don't think so. Then again, I haven't actually tried the product yet. Who knows, maybe once I trial it I'll find myself sucked in and changing my mind.

bread's done
Back