CAGer works on Feature Film?!?!

mbartholow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I've spent two years helping with production and promotion of this little gem of a film called RED DOORS.
If you like smart comedy, hot asian girls, or indie film in general, click the logo in my sig to head over to our MySpace page (my huge sig link) and watch our trailer.

Post and let me know what you think!

1/29/7 UPDATE

Buy the DVD:

http://www.amazon.com/Red-Doors-Geo...1/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-2621090-2268657?ie=UTF8

Subscribe to this thread. I'll be doing a poster giveaway to anyone who buys the movie next week!

[quote name='mbartholow']I've spent two years helping with production and promotion of this little gem of a film called RED DOORS. After a successfulfestival run, we're preparing for a Sep 8th debut at NYC's Angelika theater. More cities will follow.

If you like smart comedy, hot asian girls, or indie film in general, click the logo in my sig to head over to our MySpace page and watch our trailer.

Post and let me know what you think![/quote]

I tried to check it out but the Myspace server is busy and I wasn't able to see the page. I'll look again later..

Looks good and I dont mind watching it. I find myself watching a lot of indie crap lately. I actually thought about going to Sundance.

Also where have I seen the guy that plays the dad?

That MP3 started playing automatically at the same time I played the trailer, and I thought it was part of the music in the trailer. That was annoying. Otherwise, interesting.

[quote name='bobo2k4']Looks good and I dont mind watching it. I find myself watching a lot of indie crap lately. I actually thought about going to Sundance.

Also where have I seen the guy that plays the dad?[/quote]
He played Consul Han in Rush Hour. Otherwise known as the dude whose daughter was kidnapped.

[quote name='JimmieMac']It's just CAG, no "er". Somebody should put that in the wiki.[/quote]
QFT.

Cheapassgamer'er = retarded.

Cool looking film, by the way.

Looks interesting... I'll check it out if it shows somewhere in the Bay Area. btw OP, if you're in the credits, what are you credited under?

Rated R for brief sexual content.. and that only? Wow.

I knew that I had decided to see it from the opening shot of the dad hanging himself. I laughed out loud at the trailer ("Your dad thinks he's picking on the dog, but he's really picking on me".. "so why'd you pee on the rug, mom?). It looks pretty good, I will definately see this.

[quote name='Scorch']Rated R for brief sexual content.. and that only? Wow.[/QUOTE]

yeah, looks like there'll be some pretty hard asian lesbian stuff goin on. Yep, I wil definitely see this.

Yeah it looks kind of like a chick flick but it also looks like it will have more than it's fair share of funny moments...Count me in.

[quote name='bobo2k4']Also where have I seen the guy that plays the dad?[/quote]"[SIZE=-1]You surely must be aware, Mr. Bauer, that China has a long memory."

He's the dude from the Chinese consulant on 24.
[/SIZE]

The dad is played by Tzi Ma, his imdb page is here. He's been in a slew of memorable shows/films and his really respected amongst the Asian-American acting community.

[quote name='LiquidNight']looks good, I had to watch the trailer twice because I thought the mp3 was part of it, but it caught my eye[/QUOTE]

I think I'm going to go in and change that tonight. The producers wanted me to add the music in the other day as "the cool kids stream the music on their myspace pages". Never occured to any of us that it would be running while folks watched the trailer (seems obvious in hindsight though).

[quote name='2Fast']QFT.

Cheapassgamer'er = retarded.

Cool looking film, by the way.[/QUOTE]

I tend to agree with that concept, but "CAG works on Film" makes it sound like the website itself is making a radical film about the hunt for bargain games (which I'd totally watch and then buy on DVD, you hear me Cheapy?).

I, Michael B, am in the credits under "Additional Editing" and in the "Special Thanks" a few times. I'm going to edit the first post with a list of summer screening dates. If anyone makes any of the screenings, please come back to this thread and leave some comments!

Ok now I remember, I saw another asian themed movie couple years ago, it's called Saving Face. Red Doors reminds me of it. Pretty good indie film about asians in America. And this movie is rated R for NUDITY! Yup... and both actresses are hot too. IMDB :)

[quote name='mbartholow']I'm going to edit the first post with a list of summer screening dates. If anyone makes any of the screenings, please come back to this thread and leave some comments![/quote]its not screening where I live, but I'm going to be in DC when it does there, but I'll be too busy to see it :bomb:

Yup. I wanted to see this, just never got around to it. Trailer looked great and it got decent reviews on IMDB. I'll for sure check it out bro.

I saw it at the Angelica. It really is a very endearing film. After the film a few of the actors/director talked about the movie and we went to Puck Fair for drinks.

bread's done
Back