CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Also, about what is the average overall range for players in the third round of the draft? There are still players in the 70s available then right?[/QUOTE]

From what ive seen in offline drafts, yes

Colts 24 Falcons 7 I don't know about neworldbush, but that was a game of crazy animations. People flying through the air, a 10 sec long tackle of my running back, and a super late hit by one of my safeties. Also, I really wonder who Matt Ryan is throwing to sometimes lol

[quote name='neworlbush25']If anybody wants to trade some guys who are demanding a shitload of money, i will accept them via trade.. I have 58 mil in cap room

Colts ownder by the way[/QUOTE]

what positions are you looking for?

[quote name='neworlbush25']If anybody wants to trade some guys who are demanding a shitload of money, i will accept them via trade.. I have 58 mil in cap room

Colts ownder by the way[/QUOTE]

Since we played our game, the trading deadline is over for us. :(

[quote name='perdition(troy']you can still accept trades on the computer, thats how we had to do it in the other league.[/QUOTE]

oooohhhhhhhhhhh

Raiders beat Ravens 27-17 in a very close game. Rookie qb Archie Urban had a great day, 153.8 qb rating, 14-17 for 198 yards, 2 td 0 int. also had a good running day with McFadden, 15 carries for 91 yards.

Right when I though momentum was shifting to the Ravens sideline after a field goal to tie the game at 10 all, Jacoby Ford had the big play of the game for me with a 104 yard kickoff return to end the third quarter.

DE Ryan Pickett is on the block, 88 OVR. Looking for picks or a high 70's or low 80's WR or DB

Also putting all my LB's except for Bart Scott on the block

so the chargers are open but we have to people on the waiting list???? just curious if either of thoughs guys have been contacted i thought the league was full.

[quote name='DVO21']so the chargers are open but we have to people on the waiting list???? just curious if either of thoughs guys have been contacted i thought the league was full.[/QUOTE]

This was posted a few pages ago:

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']It's "full" in the sense that I'm not scouring the internet looking for applicants. We have people on the waiting list, but no one has really been able to give me a fair assessment of their skill levels. njrockpd has offered to scrimmage with me, but we just haven't linked up to get that done.

I'm definitely not going to rush into it to fill the spot though. We have a very good competitive balance in the league right now (I feel like we've had at least 10 teams look like "front runners" at one point or another). So, I don't want to compromise that just to fill a CPU team.

[/QUOTE]

Since then, I've offered to scrimmage with njrockpd numerous times, but he's been busy every time (which might stand to reason that he's probably too busy for another league).

As for Mile High Von, I wasn't particularly fond of the way he came into the other league as a brand new player and started questioning everything and telling BV how things should be done. Just because there are people on the waiting list doesn't always mean they're the right fit for this league.

o ok sounds good i was just curious at all ive been away from this thread for the most part as of late prolly becuz of my bye week and well im not planning on making anymore trades this season maybe one in the offseason but for now im just leaving it be

The trade deadline is today right? If not Brady is available for bargain price. I have to move him before I ruin him. If we're already at the deadline look for him in the offseason.

[quote name='Dark Rider']fuck. Reggie Bush just tore his ACL.[/QUOTE]

Ouch. Right after you traded Moreno. Oh, EA. It's like you know how to ruin everything for everybody, lol.

I've got Jaquizz Rodgers just sitting on my bench waiting to get playing time :cool:

Man, I'm breathing a sigh of relief. Was dreading facing him in two games.

With that said, sorry bro. That really does blow.

Bears beat the Bucs 21-14. With a minute left and in Bears territory and a chance to tie, I foolishly decided to try and beat Darrelle Revis, resulting in the game-sealing INT. The Bears ended up with only 4 first downs in the win (helped by my over double time of possession) but it was still enough.

GG Pitfall!

EDIT: Looks like we're just waiting on Jags-Steelers since Uber and jza are fine with a sim.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Bears beat the Bucs 21-14. With a minute left and in Bears territory and a chance to tie, I foolishly decided to try and beat Darrelle Revis, resulting in the game-sealing INT. The Bears ended up with only 4 first downs in the win (helped by my over double time of possession) but it was still enough.

GG Pitfall![/QUOTE]

Yeah, really good game. You had over 100 yards more offense than I did.

It was nice to see what it feels like being on the other end of all those interceptions. Romo moves to 2-0 as the Bears' starting QB, only having to throw 7 passes with 4 completions and 1 TD. Forte had a rushing TD, and Revis returned one of his INTs to the house. Chicago moves to 4-3 now.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Yeah, really good game. You had over 100 yards more offense than I did.

It was nice to see what it feels like being on the other end of all those interceptions. Romo moves to 2-0 as the Bears' starting QB, only having to throw 7 passes with 4 completions and 1 TD. Forte had a rushing TD, and Revis returned one of his INTs to the house. Chicago moves to 4-3 now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah no kidding. I thought I had that half a step I needed on the last throw but obviously not. I've been waiting for the ugly side of Freeman to show up and boy did he ever today. Was surprised the score ended up as low as it did really expected it to be a shootout early on.

[quote name='Wpark83']Man, I'm breathing a sigh of relief. Was dreading facing him in two games.

With that said, sorry bro. That really does blow.[/QUOTE]

Not to worry. There is a good reason why I traded for Demps, and this just gives me an excuse to use him. Luckily it was only a partial tear, and Reggie should be back in six weeks to haunt the league again.

Lions beat Broncos 31-17

Not going to lie, this was a brutal game. Very close till about the end, when I got desperate and threw a couple of interceptions. Megatron is insane, and I really need to work on an unspecified part of my defense. Good game Troy!

[quote name='jza1218']Did anyone check Moreno for a Bush voodoo doll when he left?[/QUOTE]

Lol. Maybe I shouldn't have been so excited to ship him off. :D

Part of me hopes that Troy is undefeated for our game in a couple weeks. On the other hand, I'd like to have a chance at winning the division :lol:

[quote name='GamerDude316']Yeah no kidding. I thought I had that half a step I needed on the last throw but obviously not. I've been waiting for the ugly side of Freeman to show up and boy did he ever today. Was surprised the score ended up as low as it did really expected it to be a shootout early on.[/QUOTE]

I really need to put in some XP to raise Forte's Carry rating. I think it's a 90 right now, but he fumbles like it's a 25. I thought it was funny when your dude blasted him and stood there like he was celebrating the hit while my offensive lineman covered the ball. :lol: I ended up putting in Michael Bush late in the game to help with ball security.

And that Phil Simms commentary line makes me LOL almost every time I hear it: "Little guys fumble the ball, and fat guys fall on it."

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I really need to put in some XP to raise Forte's Carry rating. I think it's a 90 right now, but he fumbles like it's a 25. I thought it was funny when your dude blasted him and stood there like he was celebrating the hit while my offensive lineman covered the ball. :lol: I ended up putting in Michael Bush late in the game to help with ball security.

And that Phil Simms commentary line makes me LOL almost every time I hear it: "Little guys fumble the ball, and fat guys fall on it."[/QUOTE]

I literally swore at the TV when that happened lol I was so mad he did NOTHING to try and get it even though I was trying to get him to fall on it. The one time EA struck in our game, lol

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I really need to put in some XP to raise Forte's Carry rating. I think it's a 90 right now, but he fumbles like it's a 25. I thought it was funny when your dude blasted him and stood there like he was celebrating the hit while my offensive lineman covered the ball. :lol: I ended up putting in Michael Bush late in the game to help with ball security.

And that Phil Simms commentary line makes me LOL almost every time I hear it: "Little guys fumble the ball, and fat guys fall on it."[/QUOTE]

Fumbling? Are you kidding? You don't get to complain about fumbling after our game a few weeks ago. :D

[quote name='Dark Rider']Fumbling? Are you kidding? You don't get to complain about fumbling after our game a few weeks ago. :D[/QUOTE]

But this time I was on the wrong end!

Great game with dark rider. Both teams played very well, definitely a defensive battle all the way. Took my D a little too long to show up but the Lions are glad to come out with a win. The wind in that stadium was nuts.

Stafford threw a pretty decent game, 2 yards from 300. Reggie bush is a beast, good thing about madden is he will come back just as strong! D had two picks, one for a TD and an abnormally high number of drops.

I also realized how easy it is for people together hurt on kick returns. Demps, todd heap and a random on my team all got hurt during kick returns. Definitely makes you wonder how important that extra five yards is...

[quote name='KasterDB']Part of me hopes that Troy is undefeated for our game in a couple weeks. On the other hand, I'd like to have a chance at winning the division :lol:[/QUOTE]
I also hope I'm undefeated for our game :)

[quote name='perdition(troy']
I also realized how easy it is for people together hurt on kick returns. Demps, todd heap and a random on my team all got hurt during kick returns. Definitely makes you wonder how important that extra five yards is...[/QUOTE]

Goodell and Greg Schiano had EA up the injury slider on kickoffs to condition us for when they take kickoffs out of the game in a few years and we all just start on the 20. Somebody, somewhere will reference Madden in a debate at a spors bar about it.

"Man, I'm all for starting at the 20. My whole Madden season got fucked up because of injuries on kickoffs. They're dangerous man. Dangerous."

Lol for sure. NFL conspiracy theorists unite! They are just preparing us for the inevitable. But, on the other hand I love seeing guys in the NFL get their clocks cleaned.

Are the chargers decent in this league. I already have a disaster in the other league with the chargers, but if they have some decent players I would love to join.

All right, we've advanced to Week 9! The trade deadline has passed (yay!) and the Cowboys are back from their one game suspension. The deadline for this week will be 2/3!

[quote name='perdition(troy']Read your posts about PM'ing teams.[/QUOTE]

Do you mean the OP Communication button? I did read it, what about it?

[quote name='Wpark83']Do you mean the OP Communication button? I did read it, what about it?[/QUOTE]

Read your post about not understanding troy's sarcastic post about reading your post about pm'ing people.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Read your post about not understanding troy's sarcastic post about reading your post about pm'ing people.[/QUOTE]

What the fuck is happening right now?

[quote name='perdition(troy']Read your posts about PM'ing teams.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Wpark83']Do you mean the OP Communication button? I did read it, what about it?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Read your post about not understanding troy's sarcastic post about reading your post about pm'ing people.[/QUOTE]

Oh, English language. You so funny. One person sees "Reed" and the other sees "Red" and mass confusion ensues. The sarcasm was a bit uncalled for though. I'd rather have active owners than people posting "You never messaged me!" "Well, you never messaged me!" in 3 days.

bread's done
Back