CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

[quote name='AllenScribe']To be fair, that guy "leaning on Gronk" has had 3 QBs that can't consistently complete a basic curl to the WR to work with. And he did try to swing trades for Miles Austin and Kurt Warner to try and open up the offense.[/QUOTE]

Oh I'm in no way hating I dont even know his numbers but I just remember someone talking about him leading the league in catches or yards I don't remember which. I don't have any problem with people using what works, even if it's just one guy. You gotta do what ya gotta do, as long as you (not allenscribe, you being used as a general term) aren't cheesing.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Have any of you guys tried that madden for cash thing they advertise in game?[/QUOTE]

I played it quite a bit last year and came out maybe $15 ahead. It isn't bad but you run into cheesers. Basically ranked games for money. They claim to monitor for stuff like that, but I think it is only for D/Cs and quitters.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Hmm alright. Wonder if they give you a buck or two to start, might screw around if they do. Definitely not putting real cash in[/QUOTE]

Last year Virgin gave you $5 to start. Basically you play a tournament win 5, get $25. $5 to enter.

[quote name='FrankySox']It's been a long day, thanks for the laugh...priceless!

Also I'd like to note that I lost to the CPU and have beaten user teams. So putting the n8's team on autopilot doesn't seem like a big deal.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's funny when someone doesn't have much time to game. hahahahaahahahah!!!!

;)

[quote name='Superstar']Yeah it's funny when someone doesn't have much time to game. hahahahaahahahah!!!!

;)[/QUOTE]

I don't know why it was funny, but for some reason it made my day. Honestly it probably wouldn't have taken much, so thanks again.

bengals beat texans 44-3

Andrew luck went 14-18 with 285 yards 3 TDs 2 rushs for 28 yards
Darren Sproles had 26 carries for 120 yards 1 TD
AJ Green 6 catches 144 yards 2 TDs
Stephen Hill had 3 catches for 85 yards 1 TD
The Bengals defense played a huge factor in this game
2 Sacks 7 Ints 2 FF 2 Recovered

GG Doc its been a while since we have played it was good talking to u on the mic hope the rest of the season goes better for u bro. also i agree with wut u said earlier u got maddened on a few of thoughs picks

[quote name='scrub0bk']Cowboys owner isnt on the hoempage, are they still open? Otherwise can the cowboys owner PM me? or does anyone know who it is haha[/QUOTE]

I'm the Cowboys owner. Whats up?

[quote name='njrockpd']I'm the Cowboys owner. Whats up?[/QUOTE]
We've advanced.. Lol he's probably trying to set up a game.

Bills & Raiders will be going down in an hour. I think I may try a new offensive playbook.. So let's see how it goes.

just to add my $.02 on Nate's autopilot, if thats whats gonna help him right now then he's got my support. Its certainly easy to get burned out on Madden, especially this year in addition to running the league.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Looking through the season stats and the eagles lesean McCoy is 4th in catches on the year? Holy cow that's random lol[/QUOTE]

no more random than your 30 sack lineman or MVP rookie RB lol

Oh for sure Avril is random. The RB isn't that random, anyone with 98 speed is gonna have a good year, and his carry is well in the 90s. And I have no clue how he is in the running for MVP. Just interesting looking through the stats.

I really wish I had the packers rookie with 99 speed...

Dang and fitzpatrick with a chance for the all time TD record this year with 34 tds only 16 more to go unless someone already beat the RL record.

Edit: and Fred Jackson has more catches than lesean McCoy. Mind = blown lol

Gut wrenching loss to the 49ers. There was really no give until my defense let a few big plays happen. Niners win 17-10.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CatyGbCO_c

Sorry for the lopsided highlights Blade! Normally I jot down when stuff happens but our game was too close for me to do that. I try to keep them balanced but didn't for some reason. Oh well...you won anyways ;)

Was creeping on your team just now staticz and you are very good at assuming where the play is going with your MLB or lolb. Two guys I know you user from your highlights in the top7 at tackles that's awesome.

Edit: three players with 97 yard runs. I'm an encyclopedia of useless facts tonight. Night guys lol

Edit one more lol the chiefs have 13 defensive touchdowns. That's pretty close to the nfl record isn't it?

[quote name='perdition(troy']Was creeping on your team just now staticz and you are very good at assuming where the play is going with your MLB or lolb. Two guys I know you user from your highlights in the top7 at tackles that's awesome.
[/QUOTE]

That is a cool stat to be aware of, just wish I could turn it into wins. If you watch the highlights you'll see me straight up miss a handful of time too :D

This team is, unfortunately, wrecked. Not enough talent at core positions.

so shameful... Jets lose to the CPU Dolphins 27-28. It was probably a bad idea to try a new offensive playbook for the first time in a league game. Tannehil is freaking god-like.. I kicked a FG to go up by 6 with just under 2 minutes left and the dude throws a perfect pass to Mike Wallace for a 55 yard gain. Dolphins eventually scored and next possession Tebow with the pick to seal the loss.

[quote name='staticz']Gut wrenching loss to the 49ers. There was really no give until my defense let a few big plays happen. Niners win 17-10.

Sorry for the lopsided highlights Blade! Normally I jot down when stuff happens but our game was too close for me to do that. I try to keep them balanced but didn't for some reason. Oh well...you won anyways ;)[/QUOTE]

It was fine, the most fun I've had this season. Definitely was a defensive battle till the end, can't believe I got the stop on the 1.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Was creeping on your team just now staticz and you are very good at assuming where the play is going with your MLB or lolb. Two guys I know you user from your highlights in the top7 at tackles that's awesome.

Edit: three players with 97 yard runs. I'm an encyclopedia of useless facts tonight. Night guys lol

Edit one more lol the chiefs have 13 defensive touchdowns. That's pretty close to the nfl record isn't it?[/QUOTE]

Nope i set a new one the old one was 9 2012 Bears

[quote name='staticz']Gut wrenching loss to the 49ers. There was really no give until my defense let a few big plays happen. Niners win 17-10.

Sorry for the lopsided highlights Blade! Normally I jot down when stuff happens but our game was too close for me to do that. I try to keep them balanced but didn't for some reason. Oh well...you won anyways ;)[/QUOTE]

4 seconds left and 1 time out? Where is the last play?

[quote name='Superstar']Yeah it's funny when someone doesn't have much time to game. hahahahaahahahah!!!!

;)[/QUOTE]

I dunno. I can certainly understand not having time. I've got 12 hours of work, 2 hour travel time, 8 hours sleep. .5 hours of getting ready for work = 22.5 hours of the day already planned. That only leaves me with 1.5 hours of my own free time which would include errands, food, etc.

[quote name='slofton']I dunno. I can certainly understand not having time. I've got 12 hours of work, 2 hour travel time, 8 hours sleep. .5 hours of getting ready for work = 22.5 hours of the day already planned. That only leaves me with 1.5 hours of my own free time which would include errands, food, etc.[/QUOTE]

8 hours of sleep? What planet is this? lol

My wife is sleeping more hours a day than she is awake lately lol. She goes to bed at 9 or 10 and gets up at eight, and then takes a 2-3 hour nap in the middle of the day. Wish I was pregnant. Though I will say, I usually get close to 8 hours, I think it is extremely important and often over looked.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']8 hours of sleep? What planet is this? lol[/QUOTE]

Well, working overnight at a prison, you kinda need your rest so you dont fall asleep. Because well.... bad things might happen. So 8 hours it is!

[quote name='perdition(troy']My wife is sleeping more hours a day than she is awake lately lol. She goes to bed at 9 or 10 and gets up at eight, and then takes a 2-3 hour nap in the middle of the day. Wish I was pregnant. Though I will say, I usually get close to 8 hours.[/QUOTE]

If this is your first child, get ready to function on 3 hours of sleep. Unless your kid just hates being held or something crazy, a "good night" will routinely be 5 hours. It doesn't sound possible, but when impossible becomes necessary, you'd be surprised. My daughter is 14 months old now, and I got a little over 6 hours last night, and I feel like I won the lottery, haha.

[quote name='slofton']Well, working overnight at a prison, you kinda need your rest so you dont fall asleep. Because well.... bad things might happen. So 8 hours it is![/QUOTE]

Oh, I hear you. I'm just saying, that train sailed a long time ago for me, lol.

[quote name='neworlbush25']Are you sure? Thats not much fun[/QUOTE]

:wall:

Mother of God...seriously. Fine, I'll just play then. Holy Christ, it's like a cult in here sometimes.

090523-one-of-us.jpg

[quote name='n8rockerasu']:wall:

Mother of God...seriously. Fine, I'll just play then. Holy Christ, it's like a cult in here sometimes.

090523-one-of-us.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Just trying to be polite

[quote name='neworlbush25']Just trying to be polite[/QUOTE]

I appreciate that. But I would hope that after discussing it at great length over the last 3-4 pages, I would be sure, ya know? lol. I was kinda hoping we could move on at some point.

I do need to remember to take myself off autopilot before I advance us next though so I at least have the option of doing a practice to screw with my team. I'd consider moving one of my high end corners to safety to see if that helps with the TE issue. But yeah...can't even try it while I'm on auto. I also had to laugh seeing that my defense is still somehow ranked #6. I think I've given up close to 30 points in all but 2 of my games. But I guess pick 6's, fumbles, and special teams could throw that number off. Not sure how to really quantify that though.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='n8rockerasu']I'd consider moving one of my high end corners to safety to see if that helps with the TE issue. [/QUOTE]

FWIW, I do this occasionally and I've found it pretty effective. If you sub in the CB (I use Champ Bailey) at whatever safety position is opposite where they typically line up their TE (usually SS), and have him in man coverage they're usually well positioned to defend most TE routes. Especially if you bracket them with the OLB in double coverage. Most actual safeties don't have the man coverage skills to pull that off.

[quote name='bvharris']FWIW, I do this occasionally and I've found it pretty effective. If you sub in the CB (I use Champ Bailey) at whatever safety position is opposite where they typically line up their TE (usually SS), and have him in man coverage they're usually well positioned to defend most TE routes. Especially if you bracket them with the OLB in double coverage. Most actual safeties don't have the man coverage skills to pull that off.[/QUOTE]

Yeah...that's kind of the point I'm at with this game. I mean, I guess you could argue that Madden is always like this, but you basically have to figure out what unconventional and stupid things you can come up with to stop the unconventional and stupid things that EA allows to be abused. In conjunction with that move, I had even thought about moving a safety to a LB position to help boost my pass defense as well...but Madden won't allow you to do that.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah...that's kind of the point I'm at with this game. I mean, I guess you could argue that Madden is always like this, but you basically have to figure out what unconventional and stupid things you can come up with to stop the unconventional and stupid things that EA allows to be abused. In conjunction with that move, I had even thought about moving a safety to a LB position to help boost my pass defense as well...but Madden won't allow you to do that.[/QUOTE]

Did you read my comments about the 2-3-6?

[quote name='staticz']Did you read my comments about the 2-3-6?[/QUOTE]

I did, but I don't know what playbook that's in. I use Multiple D...and I've never seen it.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah...that's kind of the point I'm at with this game. I mean, I guess you could argue that Madden is always like this, but you basically have to figure out what unconventional and stupid things you can come up with to stop the unconventional and stupid things that EA allows to be abused. In conjunction with that move, I had even thought about moving a safety to a LB position to help boost my pass defense as well...but Madden won't allow you to do that.[/QUOTE]

I don't know what defensive packages you prefer, but there are packages that automatically sub your 2nd string strong safety in as a second MLB. One is called Nickel-Sub or something like that. I know it is in the Baltimore playbook, but It's probably in others also. I picked up a 3rd starting quality safety in the offseason for that package, but you could always put in a cornerback as your 2nd string SS if you wanted to.

I should say that the one in the Baltimore playbook is best suited for 3-4 personnel, because it puts your outside linebackers as edge rushers and moves your defensive ends inside. There may be a similar 4-3 package in a different playbook if that is what you prefer.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I did, but I don't know what playbook that's in. I use Multiple D...and I've never seen it.[/QUOTE]

I used Multi D for the last two years, but I gave it up this year. They took some of the things out of it that I really liked, it just didn't feel as great as it did previously. I've stuck with the Denver defensive playbook, and it works very well for what I like to do (which is generally a pretty vanilla, conservative D). Only downside is it doesn't have a 3-4 set, though I generally prefer 4-3 in 95% of situations. I always think it's worth poking around and experimenting with playbooks, since there really is some decent variety. Probably a bit late in the game to learn a whole new playbook, but your layoff might be the perfect excuse.

[quote name='Konfusion']I don't know what defensive packages you prefer, but there are packages that automatically sub your 2nd string strong safety in as a second MLB. One is called Nickel-Sub or something like that. I know it is in the Baltimore playbook, but It's probably in others also. I picked up a 3rd starting quality safety in the offseason for that package, but you could always put in a cornerback as your 2nd string SS if you wanted to.

I should say that the one in the Baltimore playbook is best suited for 3-4 personnel, because it puts your outside linebackers as edge rushers and moves your defensive ends inside. There may be a similar 4-3 package in a different playbook if that is what you prefer.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bvharris']I used Multi D for the last two years, but I gave it up this year. They took some of the things out of it that I really liked, it just didn't feel as great as it did previously. I've stuck with the Denver defensive playbook, and it works very well for what I like to do (which is generally a pretty vanilla, conservative D). Only downside is it doesn't have a 3-4 set, though I generally prefer 4-3 in 95% of situations. I always think it's worth poking around and experimenting with playbooks, since there really is some decent variety. Probably a bit late in the game to learn a whole new playbook, but your layoff might be the perfect excuse.[/QUOTE]

What's funny is that talking about it and the novel idea of fucking with things has almost piqued my interest. But I still think a mental break would be good too...and I don't want to go back on my word.

I definitely don't have the talent to pull off a 3-4 though. If we were using the current rosters, maybe. In the newest roster, Zach Brown got such a huge upgrade from where he started the year. He's fast as hell and has good tackling, but in this franchise, his coverage is terrible and his play recognition is still in the 60s...even though I've been boosting it since the beginning (I think it started somewhere in the 40s). Along with Colin McCarthy and Akeem Ayers, I'm hoping my LBs will eventually be pretty solid (even with Witherspoon getting old). But for now, they're upper 70s guys.

I used to like 3-4 because I thought it gave me more coverage options, but now I feel like 4-3 is just so much more stout against the rush and can also generate enough pressure on its own without needing to send extra guys on the blitz.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Man they are keeping you late at work again that sucks hope your schedule lightens up soon[/QUOTE]

Tomorrow is valentines day, and Friday is anyone's guess. I don't want to wait that long to find out I wont be able to play and screw you out of a win if it has to be sim'd. Would have definitely liked to play you though since if I remember correctly you were one of the better teams. I can already tell it wasn't going to work out finding a mutual time for us.

bread's done
Back