CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Bears 10, Lions 7 F/OT

Really good game, best I've played in M13 maybe. Lions scored a TD on the opening drive of the game, but were held scoreless the rest of the way. Forte caught a TD pass down the middle with 18 seconds left in the 4th to tie it and send it to OT. After making the Lions go three and out on the first drive of OT, Romo drove the Bears down into field goal range and Robbie Gould kicked a 33 yarder for the win.

GG, troy![/QUOTE]

But...but.... But.... You said WE had the best game ever! You cheater!! :D :D

[quote name='Superstar']Looking forward to the next game. Hoping to close out the season with wins, but my it's a tough road.[/QUOTE]

You need to lose out so I can get into the playoffs! :cool:

[quote name='staticz']You need to lose out so I can get into the playoffs! :cool:[/QUOTE]

I will try my hardest to make that NOT happen. ;)

Wow...so that was interesting. Up 17-7 with :20 left in the 2nd quarter, Kaster's dad kicked a squib kick directly into one of my blockers and he ended up recovering it. That's a new one. I told him to just punt it to me since that obviously shouldn't have happened.

EDIT - Ugh...not to take anything away from Kaster's dad, but I had a good dose of "Maddening" in this one. On the goalline, and about to go ahead 14-7, I had some weird button lag, causing me to lob a ball to Jared Cook on a playaction...of course resulting in it getting picked. Then, on my next drive, 99 carry Chris Johnson fumbles for like the 4th time this season. Then, the "squib kick incident" happens. That just totally took me out of the game mentally. I started doing stupid shit after that and ended up getting blown out. My favorite part was when I scored to make it 38-21 and Jim Nantz said "Oh, they're back in it now! It's a one score game!" fuck you, Jim Nantz, you remedial math son of a bitch.

Like I said though, HooRox played a great game. He made the big throws when he needed to, and his defense played huge. He was getting pressure on me all game, and I couldn't seem to get any on him, no matter how many blitzers I was sending. Just my day to lose...it's just irritating when EA goes out of its way to bend you over even more. Good game to HooRox. Thank you for not making the bludgeoning any worse.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, I will say though, HooRox, while of course I don't blame you for "Squib Kick-Gate", you actually aren't supposed to adjust the angle if you want to do one. EA fucked up this game so badly that when you screw with the angle...well, you see what happens. That policy actually is in the OP. That kind of sucked too because you placed your punt perfectly after that (pinning me at the 7)...when a squib kick definitely wouldn't have had the same result.

YESSSSSSSSS KASTERSSSS DAD! Yessssss!!!! That's what I needed dude! You are the man! Hahaha

Soo that makes the Texans/titans next week worth a playoff spot of my math is correct?

Kaster can you clarify? Hahaha sorry n8 but I of course needed you to lose!

r we advancing tonight by chance ive been in contact with the cardinals owner and we both agree tonight would work best for both of us and the only game left is the cowboys game and we have had no word on him and it doesnt effect the playoffs in anyway

[quote name='DVO21']had there been any word on the cowboys game?[/QUOTE]

You can sim the cowboys if you want. I have a lot going on this weekend.

[quote name='Docb9110']YESSSSSSSSS KASTERSSSS DAD! Yessssss!!!! That's what I needed dude! You are the man! Hahaha

Soo that makes the Texans/titans next week worth a playoff spot of my math is correct?

Kaster can you clarify? Hahaha sorry n8 but I of course needed you to lose![/QUOTE]

It's cool. That was definitely the kind of game to remind me why I don't give a shit about Madden anymore, lol. I'm proud of myself for getting through it, but I really wished there was a "fast forward and just let him win already" button.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Jim Nantz said "Oh, they're back in it now! It's a one score game!" fuck you, Jim Nantz, you remedial math son of a bitch.[/QUOTE]

lmao

[quote name='njrockpd']I don't even know who I'm playing. I haven't heard from anyone about a game.[/QUOTE]

35302773.jpg

so just started scouting for positions id like to fill and looks like the 2 main positions i wanted to upgrade there nothing great in the draft at thoughs positions they arent actually all worse than wut i got. im guessing the draft will be a depth filler for me instead :(

[quote name='DVO21']so just started scouting for positions id like to fill and looks like the 2 main positions i wanted to upgrade there nothing great in the draft at thoughs positions they arent actually all worse than wut i got. im guessing the draft will be a depth filler for me instead :([/QUOTE]

What positions?

[quote name='DVO21']so just started scouting for positions id like to fill and looks like the 2 main positions i wanted to upgrade there nothing great in the draft at thoughs positions they arent actually all worse than wut i got. im guessing the draft will be a depth filler for me instead :([/QUOTE]

What positions are you looking for? I imagine there will be owners looking to trade players for draft picks, assuming you have decent picks. I Haven't scouted yet, so I can't say for sure what I would be willing to give up, but good chance I would want to pick up some picks if the price is right.

Bengals over the cardinals 38-17

Andrew Luck 12-15 with 271 yards 4 TDs
Darren Sproles 22 carries for 106 yards 1 TD
AJ Green 7 catches for 126 yards 3 TDs

Defense has 2 Sacks both by Manny Lawson. The Defense also had 3 Picks 2 by Leon Hall 1 by Taylor Mays.

GG Billy

My next game is a huge one against the Ravens. No room for mistakes in that game or it will cost me. i'm hoping that the Steelers beat the Ravens that way the Ravens and Bengals Record is tied and the game will be for the division pretty much. I'm also rooting for the bears against the chiefs maybe i can get the number 2 seed in the AFC. this season started off rough at one point i was 2-4.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Oh, I will say though, HooRox, while of course I don't blame you for "Squib Kick-Gate", you actually aren't supposed to adjust the angle if you want to do one. EA fucked up this game so badly that when you screw with the angle...well, you see what happens. That policy actually is in the OP. That kind of sucked too because you placed your punt perfectly after that (pinning me at the 7)...when a squib kick definitely wouldn't have had the same result.[/QUOTE]

Nate, you are indeed a gentleman. I was unaware that messing the with squib direction was in the OP, but it certainly makes sense given the outcome. You've thought of nearly everything. I'm glad you recognized it was innocuous. As for the punt, I got lucky. I tried to just kick it up in the air since I was at the 45 and make you fair catch or have it go into the end zone, but I hit the right stick at a funny angle and the kick ended up perfect. As you said, the game was certainly stacked in my direction tonite -- I almost never play that well. ;) Hopefully we'll rematch sometime next season in a game that is not so predetermined.

Coby Fleener is out 3 weeks with a broken finger, at least he will be back for the playoffs. Tarrell Brown is 3 interceptions from breaking the season interception record.

EDIT: Also, anyone looking to trade a top tier running back hit me up. I'll be looking to get one in the offseason.

GG pats I don't think I should have won that one though. That return TD shoudn't have happened then that INT return was pretty lucky. Then when I got the passing TD nobody was on my guyI don't know if you realised that or not.. I think our next game will be a punting battle like it as in the first quater.

lol im hoping its u doc i dont want to chance having to play n8 after the early season beating he gave me.

It's weird I beat him pretty squarely and you beat the ever loving piss outta me! It's fairly weird though that he and I play 2 times a year being rivals in the division. We ALWAYS split the season so he's up for the win! I'm trying to break tradition!

[quote name='Docb9110']Hey N8 you responded and we are planning on 8cst tonite unless the flu flares up! Lol[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't think tonight is going to work, man. Just too much going on over here. Wife is resting on the couch, my daughter is napping and could wake up any time. Normally, I love winter, but I'm ready for this flu season to be fucking over. It feels like every god damn week there's a different strand of some disgusting shit virus going around...and with my wife being an elementary school teacher, we're like a deer in headlights for it. I'm starting to think it's less and less crazy wearing a surgical mask and latex gloves everywhere.

I also realized earlier today that I might not be around for the playoffs regardless of whether I make it or not. We're taking our daughter on a 10 hour drive to meet her great grandparents in NY, so I'll be gone from 3/15 to 3/22...and won't be able to bring my Xbox. I guess I'll have to advance the league from the website and hopefully no one will need to be put on auto pilot. Considering that, I'm kinda wishing I had just tanked the rest of my games now. Nothing like just missing the playoffs and ending up with 13th pick.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah, I don't think tonight is going to work, man. Just too much going on over here. Wife is resting on the couch, my daughter is napping and could wake up any time. Normally, I love winter, but I'm ready for this flu season to be fucking over. It feels like every god damn week there's a different strand of some disgusting shit virus going around...and with my wife being an elementary school teacher, we're like a deer in headlights for it. I'm starting to think it's less and less crazy wearing a surgical mask and latex gloves everywhere.[/QUOTE]

No problem man! My wife is getting over it and my SPARTAN TROOPER 1 year old is fighting through a double ear infection and a nasal infection!

I'm not available tomorrow at all and Tuesday won't be until after 9cst followed by an appt with a client Wednesday evening! Can you play Tuesday?

[quote name='Docb9110']No problem man! My wife is getting over it and my SPARTAN TROOPER 1 year old is fighting through a double ear infection and a nasal infection!

I'm not available tomorrow at all and Tuesday won't be until after 9cst followed by an appt with a client Wednesday evening! Can you play Tuesday?[/QUOTE]

You can't play until after 9 on Tuesday? That's the absolute latest I can start... I guess I'm getting a sim loss then.

Nah man I just looked, I can do Tuesday around 730cst. Monday and Wednesday are completely out.

Out of curiosity, if say I couldn't find a time we could get together and you could wouldn't you play the CPU if I couldn't make it? That wouldn't be a sim would it? Did you mean SIM as in One of us play the CPU?

I mean I misquoted my schedule so we should be able to play so it's not an issue here of course. Just curious if I misinterpreted that is all

[quote name='Docb9110']Nah man I just looked, I can do Tuesday around 730cst. Monday and Wednesday are completely out.

Out of curiosity, if say I couldn't find a time we could get together and you could wouldn't you play the CPU if I couldn't make it? That wouldn't be a sim would it? Did you mean SIM as in One of us play the CPU?

I mean I misquoted my schedule so we should be able to play so it's not an issue here of course. Just curious if I misinterpreted that is all[/QUOTE]

That's a tough one because it's a complete judgment call, and I almost feel like I'd need to get the trade committee to rule on it or something. I totally get what you're saying though. There are 4 days to play the game...one person isn't available 3 out of the 4 days...and the only day they can play, the other person isn't available. Whose "fault" is it that the game can't get scheduled. Personally, I would try to be fair and allow the person who was "most available" to play the CPU...but it could definitely be a messy one to rule on.

I'm glad we were able to avoid that though.

Titans vs Texans - Tuesday @ 7:30 PM CST.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']That's a tough one because it's a complete judgment call, and I almost feel like I'd need to get the trade committee to rule on it or something. I totally get what you're saying though. There are 4 days to play the game...one person isn't available 3 out of the 4 days...and the only day they can play, the other person isn't available. Whose "fault" is it that the game can't get scheduled. Personally, I would try to be fair and allow the person who was "most available" to play the CPU...but it could definitely be a messy one to rule on.

Titans vs Texans - Tuesday @ 7:30 PM CST.[/QUOTE]

Yes sir! Wish we could get it recorded!

[quote name='GpNinja']GG pats I don't think I should have won that one though. That return TD shoudn't have happened then that INT return was pretty lucky. Then when I got the passing TD nobody was on my guyI don't know if you realised that or not.. I think our next game will be a punting battle like it as in the first quater.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the Pats played a great game except for the 3-4 plays they just took off.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah, I don't think tonight is going to work, man. Just too much going on over here. Wife is resting on the couch, my daughter is napping and could wake up any time. Normally, I love winter, but I'm ready for this flu season to be fucking over. It feels like every god damn week there's a different strand of some disgusting shit virus going around...and with my wife being an elementary school teacher, we're like a deer in headlights for it. I'm starting to think it's less and less crazy wearing a surgical mask and latex gloves everywhere.
[/QUOTE]

Things have been crazy over here. Everyone around has been sick (I was sick last week.) It has been everything, colds, the flu, and even the norovirus. Amazing how much worse the sicknesses have been this year.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']That's a tough one because it's a complete judgment call, and I almost feel like I'd need to get the trade committee to rule on it or something. I totally get what you're saying though. There are 4 days to play the game...one person isn't available 3 out of the 4 days...and the only day they can play, the other person isn't available. Whose "fault" is it that the game can't get scheduled. Personally, I would try to be fair and allow the person who was "most available" to play the CPU...but it could definitely be a messy one to rule on.

Titans vs Texans - Tuesday @ 7:30 PM CST.[/QUOTE]

In my opinion, I think if an unplayable game greatly affects the playoffs it should be simmed. It seems unfair to give the game away if there are legitimate schedule conflicts. (This is assuming they are both trying actively to schedule the game.)

In other news, I still haven't heard from Kaster. He has been on several times, but no response. Hopefully he'll get back to me.
Edit: He's on again. Maybe I will PM him again just to make sure it went through. I sent it from my phone, so who knows if it glitched out.

[quote name='Dark Rider']In my opinion, I think if an unplayable game greatly affects the playoffs it should be simmed. It seems unfair to give the game away if there are legitimate schedule conflicts. (This is assuming they are both trying actively to schedule the game.)[/QUOTE]

The can of worms that opens though is that theoretically, doc could just avoid me, knowing he's got a better team, and would likely win a sim. I'm always in favor of rewarding effort. And a person available 3 days out of 4 is showing more effort than a person available 1 day out of 4. It might not be "fair" to give them a "free win" by playing the CPU...but doesn't that fall on the person with the extremely limited availability?

Dammit, doc...look what you started, lol.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']The can of worms that opens though is that theoretically, doc could just avoid me, knowing he's got a better team, and would likely win a sim. I'm always in favor of rewarding effort. And a person available 3 days out of 4 is showing more effort than a person available 1 day out of 4. It might not be "fair" to give them a "free win" by playing the CPU...but doesn't that fall on the person with the extremely limited availability?

Dammit, doc...look what you started, lol.[/QUOTE]

I agree. However, there is absolutely no way you could let this just be a CPU game for doc. I know what you mean, my team looks terrible on paper, therefore I would probably lose a sim. Forgive me for opening this up. It seems like the CPU game should go to the more available player, but then I could also be available all the times you are and be "more available". I don't know, it's a difficult issue.

[quote name='Dark Rider']I agree. However, there is absolutely no way you could let this just be a CPU game for doc. I know what you mean, my team looks terrible on paper, therefore I would probably lose a sim. Forgive me for opening this up. It seems like the CPU game should go to the more available player, but then I could also be available all the times you are and be "more available". I don't know, it's a difficult issue.[/QUOTE]

I don't understand this part. If you were available at all the times that I was...wouldn't we just play? lol. Just using mine and doc's situation as the example: I wasn't able to play in the window today that he gave me. He's not available at all tomorrow, and just for the sake of the example...lets say he wasn't available at all Tuesday or Wednesday either. So, if I don't play the game in the window of time he gave me on the very first day of the advancement, it gets simmed? Even though there are 3 additional days the game could be played? That doesn't seem right at all in my opinion. I hope to God we don't ever have to deal with a situation like that where a common ground can't be found (as doc and I were able to do), but I still feel like in an undesirable situation, I'd go with the person who's more easily accessible.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I don't understand this part. If you were available at all the times that I was...wouldn't we just play? lol. Just using mine and doc's situation as the example: I wasn't able to play in the window today that he gave me. He's not available at all tomorrow, and just for the sake of the example...lets say he wasn't available at all Tuesday or Wednesday either. So, if I don't play the game in the window of time he gave me on the very first day of the advancement, it gets simmed? Even though there are 3 additional days the game could be played? That doesn't seem right at all in my opinion. I hope to God we don't ever have to deal with a situation like that where a common ground can't be found (as doc and I were able to do), but I still feel like in an undesirable situation, I'd go with the person who's more easily accessible.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, typo. It was supposed to say "but then I could also pretend to be available at all the times you aren't and be "more available"." That would be in order to get a favorable sim. Honestly though, if we have someone who is acting like that, they should probably just be removed. I truly hope everyone is civil enough to agree on a sim, or who should play the CPU.

I don't know. As I said, it's a complicated issue, and one I hope this league doesn't have to deal with.

bread's done
Back