CAG's Amazon Sales Rankings - February 2011

[quote name='Marconi88']I guess PS3 owners only need one FPS.[/QUOTE]

Obvious troll is obvious? Also you haven't played Killzone 3 have you? :lol:

Speaking of Bulletstorm, did anyone else see that Amazon has already reduced the price to $39.99? I can't recall a price drop from $60 to $40 in such a short time. Wasn't the game released in February? Am I missing something here? Please, someone, help me out. My marketplace sanity is at stake.

[quote name='Kung Fu ZEPHYR']Speaking of Bulletstorm, did anyone else see that Amazon has already reduced the price to $39.99? I can't recall a price drop from $60 to $40 in such a short time. Wasn't the game released in February? Am I missing something here? Please, someone, help me out. My marketplace sanity is at stake.[/QUOTE]

It came out the same day as Killzone 3.

[quote name='Kung Fu ZEPHYR']Speaking of Bulletstorm, did anyone else see that Amazon has already reduced the price to $39.99? I can't recall a price drop from $60 to $40 in such a short time. Wasn't the game released in February? Am I missing something here? Please, someone, help me out. My marketplace sanity is at stake.[/QUOTE]

Its the deal of the day today. It will go back to normal price tonight.

Surprised to see Star Ocean on there. Was it a deal last month?

Also...

Pokemon Race War!

southpark-withapologiestojessejackson_1173403281.jpg

5. Pokemon - White Version
8. Pokemon - Black Version

Whites win! Whites win! Race war's over everybody! Whites won again!

I'm a little surprised that Killzone 3 took the top spot since it was released so late in the month, but I think it's very deserving. The game rocks and it does a great job showcasing the Move and 3D.

...The $20 credit, DLC maps and 3 skillpoints were also nice bonuses. :bouncy:

As opposed to a ton of poor ones and no other genres? Yeah, I'm glad to have a PS3.

[quote name='KillerRamen']I'm a little surprised that Killzone 3 took the top spot since it was released so late in the month, but I think it's very deserving. The game rocks and it does a great job showcasing the Move and 3D.

...The $20 credit, DLC maps and 3 skillpoints were also nice bonuses. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

It was first by a lot too. Almost a 2 to 1 margin.

White beating out Black doesn't necessarily surprise me, but the margin being multiple positions is to me. I figured they'd be one right after the other.

I feel like I should grab the Mario All-Stars while it's still available again, but I've played those games to DEATH back in the day. Decisions decisions...

EDIT: oh wait, I guess it is gone, unless I want to pay 50 bucks for it. Oh well, I'll just put that 30 bucks towards 3ds downloads. Yay!

[quote name='LottaGames']As opposed to a ton of poor ones and no other genres? Yeah, I'm glad to have a PS3.[/QUOTE]

I think what everyone is saying is that it's surprising that Bulletstorm isn't on the list for PS3. How this is taken as a slight to people who own and love a PS3 is far beyond my comprehension.

Well, when you have such a diverse and amazing library to choose from you don't really need to stick with one particular genre like 360 only owners.

Glad to see KZ3 in its rightful place at the top. :)

[quote name='drktrpr1']Dang, Gears 3 preorders at #15? This game doesn't come out for 6 months.[/QUOTE]

Right now they are throwing in $20 credit with pre-orders. Better to do it now then later, especially if you don't care about the limited edition (and last time they didn't have credit with the LE).

Star Ocean saw a few decent price drops. I think it was down under 20 bucks for awhile, which is pretty good for a solid RPG that can last a good 50 hours +.

[quote name='Indignate']Surprised to see Star Ocean on there. Was it a deal last month?

Also...

Pokemon Race War!

southpark-withapologiestojessejackson_1173403281.jpg

5. Pokemon - White Version
8. Pokemon - Black Version

Whites win! Whites win! Race war's over everybody! Whites won again!
[/QUOTE]

Star Ocean was $18.59 two weeks ago and i picked it up.

Pokemanz White has the Black legendary which everyone wants though so Blacks win by sneak attack! :p

I think that this would be a great new monthly feature cheapyd its very interesting. its like our own little private npd. are you allowed to post actual numbers?

[quote name='shipwreck']I think what everyone is saying is that it's surprising that Bulletstorm isn't on the list for PS3. How this is taken as a slight to people who own and love a PS3 is far beyond my comprehension.[/QUOTE]

trolls are gonna troll shipwreck

[quote name='KillerRamen']I'm a little surprised that Killzone 3 took the top spot since it was released so late in the month, but I think it's very deserving. [/QUOTE]

I don't think releasing late in the month is so important since this chart covers pre-orders, too. Look at the position of Portal 2 and Gears of War 3.

I'm not interested in Radiant Historia, but I'm an Atlus fan so it's great to see it up so high.

Many thanks to Cheapy for finding time to post these very interesting stats. :applause: I started at thread about it on GAF, so I hope that's alright.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always like reading these lists; it's like showing what REAL gamers are playing. Seeing a niche game like Radiant Historia on the list is awesome.

It'll be interesting if they keep Bulletstorm multiplatform next time. Obviously they understand they went against Killzone 3 on PS3 but I can see them getting an exclusive deal with Microsoft for next round. Bulletstorm 2 would be a sweet launch title for the next xbox.

nice to see ds games on there
and i have all of them as day one buys

i though pokemon would be right nest to each other
everyone got white i think cause it is the gotta catch them all version and they want the black legendary

Interesting data.

Considering last week Pokemon had 1.1M preorders or whatever (through all sites) and they are #1 and #2 this week on Amazon, I would say not a lot of CAGS are Pokemon fans.

Bulletstorm > Killzone 3
And I can state that as I've played both and was so severely disappointed with the hot mess that was KZ3. That games has more issues in the SP campaign. The aiming/targeting still feels highly unnatural and I despised all the cutscenes (esp. ones that should have been playable) and GG overall presentation and the editing of the game was terrible. Ending every skirmish with a character uncontrollably stopping and fading to black? WTF?

My only February new game purchase was Blood Stone for $20 from Amazon. I've still got plenty to play, but that's a great price and I wanted free shipping for a Blu-Ray I was going to order.

[quote name='bredbu']I think that this would be a great new monthly feature cheapyd its very interesting. its like our own little private npd. are you allowed to post actual numbers?[/QUOTE]

I doubt Cheapy wants everyone to know how much money he's making off certain games, so I doubt he'll post the numbers.

[quote name='lingenfelser']Bulletstorm > Killzone 3
And I can state that as I've played both and was so severely disappointed with the hot mess that was KZ3. That games has more issues in the SP campaign. The aiming/targeting still feels highly unnatural and I despised all the cutscenes (esp. ones that should have been playable) and GG overall presentation and the editing of the game was terrible. Ending every skirmish with a character uncontrollably stopping and fading to black? WTF?[/QUOTE]

I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling this way about KZ3. It is severely disappointing. I played KZ2 and thought the aiming and recoil sucked ass. It made no sense the way some guns recoiled and actually shot. I was hoping they would fix it this game and make it somewhat better, but instead they just made it a game where you either A) Snipe, B) Spray an LMG or C) Use a shotgun. I'm already bored of it after 3-4 days of playing online. I should have bought Bulletstorm.

[quote name='shipwreck']I think what everyone is saying is that it's surprising that Bulletstorm isn't on the list for PS3. How this is taken as a slight to people who own and love a PS3 is far beyond my comprehension.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Rouzhokuu']Well, when you have such a diverse and amazing library to choose from you don't really need to stick with one particular genre like 360 only owners.

Glad to see KZ3 in its rightful place at the top. :)[/QUOTE]

I read it more like the second post but guess it can also be interpreted as the first. That's how it is online, things aren't always the same to everyone. And on the same point I'm not ragging on PS3 (unless Sony is shoving another pointless update on us). I find the variety in the library to be great.

[quote name='lingenfelser']Bulletstorm > Killzone 3
And I can state that as I've played both and was so severely disappointed with the hot mess that was KZ3. That games has more issues in the SP campaign. The aiming/targeting still feels highly unnatural and I despised all the cutscenes (esp. ones that should have been playable) and GG overall presentation and the editing of the game was terrible. Ending every skirmish with a character uncontrollably stopping and fading to black? WTF?[/QUOTE]

I bought both thanks to Amazon. While not fond of the handling in KZ2 the online beta for KZ3 made me want to play online more. While I was at it I ran through the campaign in the last 2 or 3 days. I think the game is fine and that says a lot coming from someone who really doesn't care much for console FPS's unless they support a mouse. I use an FnS which is close but could be better. For Storm I was glad to see a game go back to FPS roots, run and gun, blast everything. I expect a great game there too. No idea if it'll be better than KZ or not.

[quote name='Curufinwe']I don't think releasing late in the month is so important since this chart covers pre-orders, too. Look at the position of Portal 2 and Gears of War 3.

I'm not interested in Radiant Historia, but I'm an Atlus fan so it's great to see it up so high.

Many thanks to Cheapy for finding time to post these very interesting stats. :applause: I started at thread about it on GAF, so I hope that's alright.[/QUOTE]

Just curious, does this list include pre-orders for KZ3 that weren't necessary ordered in February but were shipped out and charged in February? If so, that kind of skews the list since Gears 3 is on the list solely for pre-orders... so will the pre-orders from February be double counted in September when the game ships and people are charged?

There is a PS3 title at the top. Obviously you are biased against the PS3 and are taking money from Microsoft or something.

Did I do that right?

[quote name='bickle']There is a PS3 title at the top. Obviously you are biased against the PS3 and are taking money from Microsoft or something.

Did I do that right?[/QUOTE]

Directed at me? If so, these rankings mean nothing to me, I was just curious.

[quote name='azngtlman']Just curious, does this list include pre-orders for KZ3 that weren't necessary ordered in February but were shipped out and charged in February?[/QUOTE] Nope. List includes orders placed only. Shipping date is not a factor.

[quote name='azngtlman']Directed at me? If so, these rankings mean nothing to me, I was just curious.[/QUOTE]

Nope, not directed at you. Just referring to the endless stream of bitching in the cagcast threads.

It's nice to see Singularity on there for both systems. That's a really good game that flew under the radar.

Wow, funny that Bulletstorm 360 could be so highly ranked but the PS3 version doesn't even appear. Theories:

1) PS3 owners too busy with Killzone 3
2) Many Bulletstorm 360 purchases were primarily for the Gears beta access
3) Epic games aren't on PS3 owners' radar because they are so closely associated with the Gears series and Microsoft exclusivity-- maybe people didn't even realize that Bulletstorm was multiplat?

bread's done
Back