CAGs Assemble! ... my broken XBox!

ratedpeej

CAGiversary!
My brother's X-Box just crapped out.

Thompson Drive, and the power supply I think just finally kablooied.

Do you guys know of any good, reliable and CHEAP!!! sites where I can get replacement parts, and diagrams on how I can fix it?

Thank you very much in advance.

I'm also interested in modding the case since this is so far past warranty.

Any help would be terrific

Also, if anyone's willing to trade their drive to me, I'd be willing to put up a new-in-box PSone LCD and some cash (or just cash if the price is right).

[quote name='ratedpeej']
I'm also interested in modding the case and putting in a mod-chip since this is so far past warranty.
[/quote]

We don't talk that here, if you don't want this thread locked I strongly suggest you remove your comment on interest in adding a mod-chip.

[quote name='the_deej']the modchip may be wrong, but whats wrong with modding the case?[/quote]

voids the warranty..

PM'd.

http://secure.llamma.com/catalog/

Go here. Reasonable prices. And there is nothing wrong with modding a case depending on the mods. Some, you need a chip for, some you don't. The OP never stated that he wanted to mod his xbox, just the case.

edit: oops. My fault. I just read the quote in zion's post. Bad OP, bad. I remember when I got the crap flamed out of me because of a post about modded xbox's. That was a time when CAG was a lot unfriendlier.

Yeah I really didn't think about it at all. I wasn't intending to *blam* for illegal purposes. Just homebrew softwareand a more functional DVD player, among other things.

But again, thank you very much for the polite heads up, and for the links guys!

I think by posting so late/early, I missed the flame curtain LOL

By the way, have any of you actually done the repairs yourself? I'd love to have a fellow CAGer teach me the ropes as opposed to a less familiar stranger lol.

Call Microsoft customer support and see if you can't request a 1 year warranty. Then, one week later, call them with the problem. Probably won't work, but worth a shot.

Also, try calling Microsoft customer support after the first suggestion fails, and saying that your thompson drive crapped out (omit the power supply), and that you are aware of ongoing or prior lawsuits regarding the defective and flawed drive, and you were considering joining said lawsuits if Microsoft didn't fix the problem for you. If the base-level rep doesn't help, ask to speak with a supervisor. It just might work, because they tend to listen when you mention "thompson" and "lawsuit". Bringing up the better business bureau would be good too.

Maybe then they'd fix it for free.

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']Call Microsoft customer support and see if you can't request a 1 year warranty. Then, one week later, call them with the problem. Probably won't work, but worth a shot.

Also, try calling Microsoft customer support after the first suggestion fails, and saying that your thompson drive crapped out (omit the power supply), and that you are aware of ongoing or prior lawsuits regarding the defective and flawed drive, and you were considering joining said lawsuits if Microsoft didn't fix the problem for you. If the base-level rep doesn't help, ask to speak with a supervisor. It just might work, because they tend to listen when you mention "thompson" and "lawsuit". Bringing up the better business bureau would be good too.

Maybe then they'd fix it for free.[/quote]

Good suggestion. I all ready tried that. I called them after one of my xbox (thompson) drives crapped out. The warranty was up and I mentioned the article about the CALS with the defective drives. They insisted they would fix it for me... but I had to pay for it. Bastards.

[quote name='ratedpeej']Yeah I really didn't think about it at all. I wasn't intending to *blam* for illegal purposes. Just homebrew softwareand a more functional DVD player, among other things.

But again, thank you very much for the polite heads up, and for the links guys!

I think by posting so late/early, I missed the flame curtain LOL

By the way, have any of you actually done the repairs yourself? I'd love to have a fellow CAGer teach me the ropes as opposed to a less familiar stranger lol.[/quote]

If you want, you can PM me. Let's just say that I have a tendency to dabble in the "dark art of *******".

bread's done
Back