CAG's Deal Report

[quote name='TehMuff1nM4n']Ugh, I just ordered the new controller. I hate CAG sometimes honestly. I have no will power.[/QUOTE]

ME TOO! My words exactly! :D

For a Cheap Sight it sure costs me a fortune!!!!

Hey Cheepy, the daily report is great. It goes to my google reader on my iPhone, Bam...instant alert. Btw, 5000 mg of Vit C and 8,000 units of Vit D3 twice a day ,while you are sick, will jump start your immune system and give a karate chop to the neck of that flu.

Last edited by a moderator:
My god that GoGamer deal has End War for 90 cents. I mean seriously everyone should pick that up even though I agree it's not the best RTS title. Still at 90 freakin' cents lol.

It would figure I bought SSFIV for $14.99 a week ago at Newegg. :bomb: Oh well, I can't complain about $2. It's a great buy at $12.99.

SSF4 for thirteen bucks? Yuuuuup!

Also, would it be smart to have a different thread for each day?

Daily Deal? I'm in the middle of Arc Rise Fantasia and Epic Mickey, played some LBP2, messed around a bit with Kirby, have WKC, Neir and Star Ocean sitting in a drawer. Oh and I just bought Hoard. Money matters aside, I think I'm booked up for quite a while now.

On a serious note this is good to see and I'll probably check every day - my kid just got a DSi and the other one wants a DS and we have 2 games so far.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Did I miss God of War at $25? Dang :whistle2:/[/QUOTE]

omg i think i missed it too :"(

been waiting for a deal to pick it up!!!

Note that on the Singularity sale, the Amazon listing specifically mentions the graphic novel tie-in, while the NewEgg listing doesn't. (Do they sell a version without the GN? I don't know, honestly. I rarely shop for video games in-store. I'm an Amazon addict.)

[quote name='zanshin825']Huh...Amazon has it on sale for the ps3 now, but not for the 360.[/QUOTE]

I noticed that too so I just went with Newegg.

Can anyone reccomend Singularity at that price? I remember it looking interesting when it came out, and it got fairly good reviews, but I haven't heard ANYTHING from it since then.

[quote name='matto1233']Can anyone reccomend Singularity at that price? I remember it looking interesting when it came out, and it got fairly good reviews, but I haven't heard ANYTHING from it since then.[/QUOTE]

Yes it is a decent game, it didn't get any marketing by Activision which is sad. It's an underrated game which takes it's cues from Bioshock. Def recommend but if you don't want to buy it at 16 bucks though you're entitled to your opinion.

Singularity's a rare game I'd consider getting at full price. IMO that was Activision's best game of the year, and yeah, they just buried it. Must feel crappy to Raven, who IMO is Activison's strongest developer x10. It's like they make THAT, and Activision goes "okayhereitisbuyitorwhatever" AND OH WOW! It's another Call of Hawk Hero 12! AWESOOOOOME!"

[quote name='wishlish']Note that on the Singularity sale, the Amazon listing specifically mentions the graphic novel tie-in, while the NewEgg listing doesn't. (Do they sell a version without the GN? I don't know, honestly. I rarely shop for video games in-store. I'm an Amazon addict.)[/QUOTE]

I just bought the 360 Singularity GN edition for 15.99 on Amazon. The regular edition shows as 28.23. But can someone tell me why the Amazon list price of the GN edition is 29.99, while the regular edition is 39.99?

It seems strange for the regular edition to be more expensive than the "special" edition...

I lucked out over the weekend and bought a FNV CE for $30. It was gutted but the game was still sealed. Some GS employee mistakenly placed a "SALE! $29.99" sticker on the box, which was on display, as the total should really have been $50. The clerk gave me the lower price without any hassle. What's even better, I had a erewards $25 GS GC, so I spent $6 out of pocket! w00t!

Crysis 2 is sinking like a rock, I should have waited.....shame on me. I thought I was lucking out by getting the LE edition at $50.

The Force Unleashed 2 CE is tempting, but I know as soon as I get it they'll announce a super new Sith/JarJar/Mynoc Edition with bonus features.

Best deal listed here is Vanquish, seriously. For those of you shying from it because Bayonetta felt too Japan-cheesey, just know that Vanquish feels completely different. Very westernized cutscenes with fast, fun, deep action gameplay.

[quote name='Haggar']The Force Unleashed 2 CE is tempting, but I know as soon as I get it they'll announce a super new Sith/JarJar/Mynoc Edition with bonus features.[/QUOTE]

I got burned by the first one when the Ultimate Sith Edition came out. I have been holding out on part two for an announcement of a game of the year edition. I don't think part II sold as well as part I did and had a troubled development. I wouldn't hold out for an Ultimate edition. I think I am going to go ahead and jump on this one. I have a $10 credit. I actually prefer the regular packaging, but since they are basically the same price, I will go with the CE.

[quote name='Archaic']Best deal listed here is Vanquish, seriously. For those of you shying from it because Bayonetta felt too Japan-cheesey, just know that Vanquish feels completely different. Very westernized cutscenes with fast, fun, deep action gameplay.[/QUOTE]

Ok, Im in for one. Everyone seems to love this game.......

I think it will be 15th in the Q. Im soooo backed up on games, I just finished Portal!! (No not Portal 2.... Portal) :applause:

[quote name='Archaic']Best deal listed here is Vanquish, seriously. For those of you shying from it because Bayonetta felt too Japan-cheesey, just know that Vanquish feels completely different. Very westernized cutscenes with fast, fun, deep action gameplay.[/QUOTE]I'm seriously tempted to go pick it up. I didn't love the demo, though. This is a problem I have; lots of times with me it's more about the deal than the game itself. I think I might still have the demo on my HDD, maybe I'll give it another go. This game does get a lot of love on CAG, which I usually consider a pretty reliable barometer... :whistle2:k

Bayonetta was pretty Japan-cheesey, but I loved it anyway.

Of course Vanquish is not available for shipping from Toys R Us. Not only that there are NO stores within 50 miles of Portland, OR, that have a copy in stock - weak.

[quote name='Jackalope']Of course Vanquish is not available for shipping from Toys R Us. Not only that there are NO stores within 50 miles of Portland, OR, that have a copy in stock - weak.[/QUOTE]

Hey, I am going to TRU today to pick up that Epic Mickey for $15 or whatever it was; if you want to cover cost + tax + shipping I can pick up a copy of Vanquish and send it your way. Just PM me.

[quote name='Danimal']I'm seriously tempted to go pick it up. I didn't love the demo, though. This is a problem I have; lots of times with me it's more about the deal than the game itself. I think I might still have the demo on my HDD, maybe I'll give it another go. This game does get a lot of love on CAG, which I usually consider a pretty reliable barometer... :whistle2:k

Bayonetta was pretty Japan-cheesey, but I loved it anyway.[/QUOTE]

Vanquish is much better than the demo. After playing the demo, I was not interested in the game. After hearing a lot of good from sources I trust, I decided to buy it when the price dropped. I picked it up and ended up playing through the whole thing. I really enjoyed it.

Make no mistake, this game is still very Japanese. The controls are not your standard Western layout, but they are not too bad. There is a nice weapon leveling system and some interesting boss fights. The story and cutscenes feel Japanesey, so just be aware of that. Definitely worth the price.

Picked up Force Unleashed II CE. I haven't been interested in playing the game. I saw the $26 price and still was not interested. Then I saw that was the price for the CE and for some reason, I was suddenly interested.

Thanks for the heads up on Crysis 2! Was thinking about buying it while at work today, but I don't pay $60 for anything anymore....$40 seems just right though :)

[quote name='sgt_toasty']Thanks for the heads up on Crysis 2! Was thinking about buying it while at work today, but I don't pay $60 for anything anymore....$40 seems just right though :)[/QUOTE]

It will feel right for me when it undoubtedly hits 25 in the next few weeks.

How does TFU II stack up to the first? I've yet to play the first one (on the shelf for when I'm ready) but the CE for part II for 26 seems like a decent deal.

Well?

OH, and I'm really looking forward to Vanquish for some reason. It's in the cage over at my local TRU, just have to go pick it up. Can't really deny all the overwhelming praise that game gets on this site.

Picked up the Guitar Hero on the DS for $2 + $3.99 shipping for my 6 year old. Not a bad little gift....until she says it sucks and throws it at me. :(

bread's done
Back