CAG's NBA 2K11 League - Real rosters(*LEAGUE HAS STARTED!*)

eddie291

CAGiversary!
CAG NBA 2K11 League
League Website: http://community.2ksports.com/community/league/index.cfm?l=584041

We're planning on starting on Friday or Saturday.

League Format: There will be a 15 game season. The top 8 teams will go to the playoffs. All the playoff rounds will be in a 3-game series format.

Game Format: 6 minute quarters

2 games should be played in a weekly basis, but at the very least, 2 games every 10 days. I will put up deadlines to help us keep moving forward.

League Rules

Play fair (no constantly driving to the basket, no constant full court press, etc.)

Trades: Will be allowed, but should be discussed among league members so that there won't be any unfair trades.

Free Agents: Will be disallowed until 7 games into the season. From there, we will have a draft for FA pickups, which will be in a traditional order(team w/ worst record will get 1st pick, team w/ best record will get last).

Unplayed Games
: 3 strikes rule. You'll be exempt if you get an RROD or something like that.

People are welcome to join as long as they follow the rules. However, as 2K only allows an even number of users per league, we may need to kick the odd man out.

UPDATE: We're back full. Anyone who's interested will be put in a waiting list.

Member list (18 total members):

[CAG username - team - Gamertag]

Matt Young - Chicago Bulls - X Matt Young X
eddie291 - Miami Heat - eddie564
Guyver2077 - Los Angles Lakers - guyver2077
thamaster24 - Memphis Grizzlies - MemphisMusicMan
siradam134 - Orlando Magic - feroci0us1
sublime90 - Detroit Pistons - sublime90
doomtime - Sacramento Kings - Doomtime
Calinks - Minnesota Timberwolves - Calinks
Mizzou75 - Dallas Mavericks - Keers75
urmomlikesme - Pheonix Suns - URM0MLIK3SME (M0M has a zero in it; LIK3 has a three)
Mr Grand Cru - Washington Wizards - Mr Grand Cru
XXXplosive1 - Utah Jazz - XXXplosive1
xXx NASO xXx - San Antonio Spurs - xXx NASO xXx
hostyl1 - Milwaukee Bucks - hostyl1
deuce20602 - Oklahoma City Thunder - deuce20602
y2jrevolution - Portland Trail Blazers - Y2J
venom - Boston Celtics - AntiVenom360
n8rockerasu - Atlanta Hawks - n8rocker82

Waiting List:

Zurezo - Zurezo

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey eddie291, can you add a note next to my gamertag? The "0" in M0M is a Zero and the "3" in LIK3S in a Three but that ones more obvious.

Go ahead and take me out of this league. I had no intention of using the Bobcats if we were using real rosters (which I said in my post).

Havent played a BBall game in awhile and never online but something struck me as odd in your post OP: Why is constantly driving to the hole not considered "fair"? It seems to me that all too often in the NBA that's all that happens an ISO play for the star, maybe a little pick and roll action, to take it to the rack and either dunk, dish, or get fouled.

Why's this frowned upon in video game play?

[quote name='hostyl1']Havent played a BBall game in awhile and never online but something struck me as odd in your post OP: Why is constantly driving to the hole not considered "fair"? It seems to me that all too often in the NBA that's all that happens an ISO play for the star, maybe a little pick and roll action, to take it to the rack and either dunk, dish, or get fouled.

Why's this frowned upon in video game play?[/QUOTE]
I'm referring to the guys who's plans a-z on offense consists of driving to the basket with their best player. These are the same guys who's points in the paint accounts for over 80% of their score. The game usually puts things in place to help combat it, but it's never perfect. So it can be easily exploited.

Again, if anyone has any suggestions, comments, whatever, then post. I don't want this to be some hardcore sim league, but just something fair and most of all, fun.

Is there Pre-Season warm up games? I haven't played since 2k9 and wouldn't mind playing against good folks.

I'll take Golden State Warrirors : Ang Colette

When are you guys gearing to start? Thanks

[quote name='zerotl']Is there Pre-Season warm up games? I haven't played since 2k9 and wouldn't mind playing against good folks.

I'll take Golden State Warrirors : Ang Colette

When are you guys gearing to start? Thanks[/QUOTE]
Thanks for reminding me. I would've sworn I added this in the OP.

Anyways, I'm thinking starting on Friday or Saturday. I wanna give people time to get the game and to get used to how the game plays. I don't know about anykind of mandatory preseason games, but you're free to get in touch with another person in the league for an unranked match.

How did I not see this? Let me in this boy. I will take Hotlanta gamertag Soodmeg.

There hasnt been a NBA league yet that has worked on CAG though so we will see how this goes.

[quote name='Soodmeg']How did I not see this? Let me in this boy. I will take Hotlanta gamertag Soodmeg.

There hasnt been a NBA league yet that has worked on CAG though so we will see how this goes.[/QUOTE]
So I hear. Hopefully this one works. I recognize a lot of people from the Madden league, and I'm sure it's safe to say that that's a success. Hopefully, people will be as dedicated to this league as they are to Madden.

Anyways, thanks for the replies venom and sublime90. All that's needed now is matto's gamertag. And just a heads up guys, when I set up the league, I'm gonna set up a password for it. I'll PM all of you guys once that happens.

Well, I forgot one thing. The AI difficulty. I'm thinking Superstar(second highest difficulty), but I'm not set on it. What do you guys think?

If there can be an even number of teams I'd like to play. I'm not any good, but I'd like to give it a shot.

Gamertag: hostyl1
Requested Team: Milwaukee Bucks

If there is an odd number of teams that want to play, I can be the first out (even if others sign up under me).

I see you send league invites. I can't get on 2K11 until probably tomorrow morning but I am still in.

Nope, not yet. I haven't even created the league yet, let alone send out invites. I'm planning on doing it tomorrow night though. You guys will get PMs from me with the password and invites via the game.

OP is updated.

Wait we are doing 5 minute quarters? Would people be opposed to making it a little longer? I hate having game leaders scoring 16 points and players having like 4 rebounds. I also like to have more time to adjust my game.

[quote name='eddie291']Nope, not yet. I haven't even created the league yet, let alone send out invites. I'm planning on doing it tomorrow night though. You guys will get PMs from me with the password and invites via the game.

OP is updated.[/QUOTE]

Odd because I got a bunch of messages from somebody talking about signing up. I assumed it was you. Hmmmm.

[quote name='Calinks']Odd because I got a bunch of messages from somebody talking about signing up. I assumed it was you. Hmmmm.[/QUOTE]

Through XBL? Because I got some messages from some random guy yesterday saying I was invited to a league. Dude sent me like 6 messages in a hour when I wasn't even online.

Also, how many minutes do you have in mind? I know we won't get realistic stats with 5 minute quarters(it bugs me too since I play 10 minute quarters), but i rather have people be comfortable with the time than have realistic stats.

Oh and difficulty. What do you guys want? Like I said before I'm thinking superstar, but if you guys are having trouble with the game, then we can do all star.

Alright guys, I made the league and I'm in the middle of sending invites. I'll PM the password to everyone once I'm done.

UPDATE: Alright, done sending out invites. One problem though. It wouldn't let me send an invite to hostyl1. Saying that you were never signed in to the 2k sports service(which I think just means playing a 2k game with an online connection).

Alright, it's all set. Passwords sent and I've updated the OP with the link to the league website.

Just realized that there's a conference option. Right now, it's set to just one, but I'm thinking of setting it up to a traditional East/West. I'll have to assign the Hornets to Eastern, as there's 11 Western teams.

I'll allow it, only because we haven't started.

To anyone else: post here before you do it. Only rule is that you check the list in the OP, and make sure the team you're choosing hasn't been taken by someone else. Also, make sure that, if you do switch teams, that the team you choose is the team you're going to use. I don't want people constantly switching teams til we start the season.

[quote name='Deuce20602']i'm shocked that the Thunder were still available... wish i coulda got Boston or Orlando tho...[/QUOTE]

Bro, you know i've got magic season tickets...not letting them go;d

[quote name='eddie291']Through XBL? Because I got some messages from some random guy yesterday saying I was invited to a league. Dude sent me like 6 messages in a hour when I wasn't even online.

Also, how many minutes do you have in mind? I know we won't get realistic stats with 5 minute quarters(it bugs me too since I play 10 minute quarters), but i rather have people be comfortable with the time than have realistic stats.

Oh and difficulty. What do you guys want? Like I said before I'm thinking superstar, but if you guys are having trouble with the game, then we can do all star.[/QUOTE]

Yea, as far as difficulty goes I think anything above pro would be okay. I'd prefer superstar or all-star. I don't know if its too late but like you I am used to playing with 10+ minute quarters. I know a lot of people are like "To hell with that!" and I understand but what about something like 7 minutes? What do others think? the more minutes the better for me (Well 12 may be a bit much for a league but I would be happy with something like 9 or 10)

So anyway, are people willing to play 7 minutes or more? With 7 minutes we almost get an extra 10 minutes of court time.

Im used to 5 min quarters.. but I could probably stomach 6/7 if the games are played at convenient times.. 10 is probably crazy talk though :)

So two votes for 7? Sounds like a happy medium number. A little more than 5 minutes but not as big as 9 or 10. What about others? How do you feel about 7 minutes or more?

Well, I have it set to 6 minutes. I don't really see the point of changing it to 7 unless the majority of members really want it. Again, I rather have the majority of people comfortable with the time than have realistic stats. Also, I chose All-Star for the difficulty.

Anyways, guys, sign up for the league! It doesn't take too long to do it. Check your PMs to see how to access the invite. If I missed anyone, just PM me here or on XBL. I'll get on it right as soon as I can.

I'm good with whatever quarter length people agree on. I have always played 5 minutes, but I'm pretty sure I'll be going with 7 minutes for Association and My Player since, even though it takes a lot longer, numbers are way too low otherwise. I care about that for realistic Association stats, and in order to build up My Player, but for the league, it doesn't matter.

Glad to see people are joining, since no one else but Eddie (obviously) had when I joined up. I would like to suggest that, once we get everyone in, we compile a list for the OP that includes everyone's availability days/time frames and an alternate means of contact (e-mail, Facebook, messenger, etc.). It helps a lot in the Madden league. You'd be surprised how many people don't check the trhead or their PM's.

[quote name='eddie291']
UPDATE: Alright, done sending out invites. One problem though. It wouldn't let me send an invite to hostyl1. Saying that you were never signed in to the 2k sports service(which I think just means playing a 2k game with an online connection).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I dont think I've ever played a 2K game (of any type) online. Come to think of it, I never even played GTA4 online.... Anyway, I just got 2K11 so I'm gonna pop it in later when the kiddies go to bed so I'll see if I can join. If not, I'll shoot you a PM/post to let you know I'm having problems.

Which I guess brings me to the next point, I suppose, following the lead of the current Madden league, we should give our general availabilities. For me, I'm generally available:

8:45pm - 11pm Eastern (New York) Time

Before that, particularly b/w 6-8:30 is family time when the kids are most rowdy so playing then is out of the question. Also, I'd like to avoid Thursdays as that's bowling league night and I'm not always available. But all the other days, even weekends are cool. Also, unless you're on the west coast (as I believe Matt Young is (damn you for taking my Bulls! ;)) I'd like to start before 10pm so I can get to bed at a semi-decent hour (I get up @ 6am).

I know this may sound like a lot of demands, but really these are just preferences, I will be flexible for the sake of the league. I'm very excited to be plying in a CAG league for the first time. I've tried to get into NCAA Football and Madden leagues in the past (including the current Madden league) but seem to get passed over for some reason so this will be fun for me even if I take the shellackings I'm expecting. I hope Bandon Jennings and his 'Gumby' haircut bring their "A" game :)

BTW: do I have to 'friend' everyone in the league or will just being in the league be enough to get the games scheduled.

bread's done
Back