CAGS on free TV: Legend of the Seeker

coltyhuxx

CAGiversary!
I did a search and didn't see any topic on this (relatively) new fantasy series. Easily found on hulu.com ... not sure which network it's on.

I watched the first few episodes. I had some good impressions, some, not so good.

I want to like this show.... it's nice to see something that isn't reality TV and that has a budget and, potentially a good story arch (?).

Any of you up to date on it?

Thoughts, sans spoilers?

[quote name='coltyhuxx']I did a search and didn't see any topic on this (relatively) new fantasy series. Easily found on hulu.com ... not sure which network it's on.

I watched the first few episodes. I had some good impressions, some, not so good.

I want to like this show.... it's nice to see something that isn't reality TV and that has a budget and, potentially a good story arch (?).

Any of you up to date on it?

Thoughts, sans spoilers?[/QUOTE]
It comes on the CW at 8 o'clock on Saturdays. It is the only show they play on Saturday nights. I haven't watched it myself but I just wanted to let you know what station and time it comes on.

It's ok. Kind of so-so in keeping with the book. But still entertaining.

Zed cracks me up, and for the longest time I couldn't place where I'd seen him before.
(He was the goofy copter pilot in The Road Warrior)

[quote name='pitfallharry219']It's syndicated, so the channel and timeslot depend on what market you're in.[/quote]It's on here in Saint Louis in random timeslots on our local CW affiliate, though anyone that has WGN on their cable will also get it from them.

[quote name='shrike4242']It's on here in Saint Louis in random timeslots on our local CW affiliate, though anyone that has WGN on their cable will also get it from them.[/quote]

Where I'm at, it's on the local Fox station.

Legend of the Seeker on the CW is based on the book series by Terry Goodkind called The Sword of Truth though I've never read them so I don't know how close it is to the book. If you've ever been at your local bookstore or library and saw the book Confessor of Phantom, then you've seen his series. The series I think is maybe 12 or 13 books long, so they should have lots of plot lines. Its a little cheesy in a way that us ok cause its not trying to hard and is still good sword and stone fantasy that I like.

The only actor Ive seen before is Richards brother. He played Hollys( Amanda Bynes) british boyfriend on What I Like About You and a power ranger on the latest season of Power Rangers Jungle Fury.

Should be good. I look forward to many good seasons!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been watching the show on WGN (plays for the eastern market sometime around either 4 or 5, they usually run 2 episodes, last weeks and then the new one, I've been DVRing it so not positive on the time).

Actually, this is probably my favorite new show of the season. It is based on Sword of Truth, but I'd say very lightly. After watching the show, I got the first book, and I really enjoyed it, but they have changed things quite a bit on tv, so it's almost 2 different worlds with the same characters.

As an example, one thing. Confessors in the book have long hair (like they do on tv), but it's special because all women have to keep their hair short. On tv, most of the women have long hair (for sex appeal I'm sure). Not a huge deal, but it's a difference.

the show is terrible. is very loosely follows the story of the book. the books are fanfuckingtastic and highly recommend them to anyone that likes a good story, fantasy or otherwise.

I've just recently caught the first couple of episodes via Hulu. It's not a bad show. I like the old wizard Zed, and the Confessor, but the main character seems kinda bland so far. I hope the plot actually goes somewhere other than "Lets go on a journey to kill the bad dude and help people along the way."

It's fairly close to the books, as close as it can reasonably be for a TV show. I think they're rolling up stories from some of the other books into this series.

It's not bad, I DVR it.

I Tivo it on Saturday night since nothing else comes on before Naruto at 9 or SNL 11. I just watched the one where they learn about the other Seeker Kieran.

bread's done
Back