CAGs Raise $46,659 for Child's Play - Raffle Winners Posted

Ha I was just thinking to myself that it was time to get donating to this. Put in some money and will either put in more later, or donate through amazon to my local hospital from their main page. Glad to see my favorite site helps out with this.

[quote name='Borenson']In for $20. Just need to get the local children's hospital to be part of this great cause![/QUOTE]

Same, I work at a hospital which doesn't have a children unit, and my town doesn't have any devoted children's hospital. We have 2 big ones with nice children's floors though. I wonder what it would take to get them involved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stupid Paypal...can't donate cause my account triggered security issues when I bought launcher pro...still waiting for small mail with my code.

How does this work exactly?

Do we have to be logged in to Cheap Ass Gamer while donating through Chip In for it to count as an entry?

Dropped 5 in for me, and 5 in for my ladyfriend. She's not a gamer but she loves Penny Arcade, so we always contribute to Child's Play together.

As per usual, I've also directed my family to funnel my xamas gifts directly into game donations.

gave 5...
-.-
That is like...1/20 of what the guy above chipped in.

lol i dont work. =/

will try to give more next month

[quote name='Gourd']How does this work exactly?

Do we have to be logged in to Cheap Ass Gamer while donating through Chip In for it to count as an entry?[/QUOTE]

They will email you via your paypal email address. If that's connected to your cag username then they may contact you through that too. I don't remember.

In for $25

[quote name='cRodz']gave 5...
-.-
That is like...1/20 of what the guy above chipped in.

lol i dont work. =/

will try to give more next month[/QUOTE]

Hey any bit counts. I didn't donate last year at all, so I'm going to donate for both years. At least you still put in $5.

Actually, I forgot if I did last year or not....

In for $50 again.
I'm sure we can reach our mark this year.

Thanks CheapyD for setting this all up again!!

gonna be running a local charity drive for a 24hour gaming marathon to earn a donation before Xmas. Running it at $1 per hour or $25 for the full 24. My goal is $500 to drop in the bank for the kids. Lets show the world and media we can spend a full day playing violent evil games and actually do a positive for the world.

pretty impressive. I think year 1 the bar was set at 10K, and was blown by. Wasn't last year's bar at 30K?

60K is a lot -- will be nice if we can reach that.

[quote name='daminion']pretty impressive. I think year 1 the bar was set at 10K, and was blown by. Wasn't last year's bar at 30K?

60K is a lot -- will be nice if we can reach that.[/QUOTE]

I could have sworn it was $30k 2 years ago and $40k last year. Why a $20k jump, I have no idea. I could be wrong though.

Don't know what the bar was set last year, but it was established that 42k was earned and the bar was been surpassed every time. It's not too out of the question.

[quote name='Fighterspledge']Don't know what the bar was set last year, but it was established that 42k was earned and the bar was been surpassed every time. It's not too out of the question.[/QUOTE]

The bar was $40.

I will be donating some money and have emailed them about donating a game. If you can't donate money, but have a sealed item, donate that. It all helps!!!

Started with $25.00

Will probably be in for like $200 by the time it's over.

Also bought $100 worth of toys/dvds on Penny Arcade's Children's Hospitals site like I do every year. You guys should check that out it's pretty cool. Buy stuff off of Amazon Wishlists from Children's Hospitals across the country and also international now.

Link if anybody wants: http://www.childsplaycharity.org/

Threw a few bucks in, I'm sure I'll chip in more before it's over. My girlfriend will be donating when she comes up for Thanksgiving, as well.

Great contest. Even better cause. I need to get paid before I donate but come next friday I'll be all over that.

Quick question do I put the amount of money I want to donate and thats it or do I put 5.00 dollars and the qty?

[quote name='Bazz']Quick question do I put the amount of money I want to donate and thats it or do I put 5.00 dollars and the qty?[/QUOTE]

Just the amount in the item price.

This is such a great cause. Funds are tight but I'll be chipping in before the end of the year. I hope we can get over $60K!

My daughter took advantage of this after brain surgery at University of Iowa. I can't even begin to describe how much this charity helped us personally. It took her mind off of everything around her and allowed her siblings to play with her and other kids in the ward. Child's Play is not just video games. It's movies, toys, music, and some arts and crafts. If you don't donate at least the minimum, then you are a douche.

[quote name='condensed']My daughter took advantage of this after brain surgery at University of Iowa. I can't even begin to describe how much this charity helped us personally. It took her mind off of everything around her and allowed her siblings to play with her and other kids in the ward. Child's Play is not just video games. It's movies, toys, music, and some arts and crafts. If you don't donate at least the minimum, then you are a douche.[/QUOTE]

That's not right either... Child's Play isn't the only valid charity out there...

[quote name='elessar123']That's not right either... Child's Play isn't the only valid charity out there...[/QUOTE]

I thought it was a lovely plug until the bit about those choosing not to donate to this charity being dousches...

bread's done
Back