CAGs Raise $46,659 for Child's Play - Raffle Winners Posted

This is one charity that I just love. I remember looking at the Penny Arcade pics of the piles of games and systems a few years back. Lots of fun. I just donated a few sheckles.

Just an FYI, the chipIn widget requires flash. I rarely visit CAG on a device with flash. I mainly used my iPhone or iPad. I wonder how many others don't see it because of this?
That being said, I am off to boot up the laptop so I can donate.

In for a chunk. Hope folks step it up near the end of the month again to hit the goal. As much money as this site has saved me, I'm glad to give it back to a good cause.

Finally got around to donating for this year. Some awesome prizes, but I don't mind if someone else wins as long as we get the total donations up to and over the goal amount. Come on everyone, give a little bit of your CAG savings back to a good cause :)

Great job to everyone who's donated just did today. Thanks Cheapy And CAG Crew for organizing this for the kids always makes you feel good to contribute to kids and potential future CAG's like ourselves!

I don't think the $$$ donated increased since before I donated a few days ago. Is it possible there is something wrong with the system?

[quote name='Hardware']I don't think the $$$ donated increased since before I donated a few days ago. Is it possible there is something wrong with the system?[/QUOTE]
The total often gets cached in Firefox. Empty your cache or look with a different browser.

Thanks for adding in my prizes, CheapyD.

A side note:
For those CAGs that get one of my prizes after the prize drawing, please PM me with what you'd like and I'll order them from Amazon to be shipped directly to the winner.

Donated $100, same amount as I did last year. The wife and I agree this is something that could always use more support

[quote name='shrike4242']Thanks for adding in my prizes, CheapyD.

A side note:
For those CAGs that get one of my prizes after the prize drawing, please PM me with what you'd like and I'll order them from Amazon to be shipped directly to the winner.[/QUOTE]

Shrike, I won one of your prizes - the Canon EF 24-105mm F4 L lens. Can you have that shipped over to me by Friday? KTHANXBYE :lol:

[quote name='Ronin317']Shrike, I won one of your prizes - the Canon EF 24-105mm F4 L lens. Can you have that shipped over to me by Friday? KTHANXBYE :lol:[/QUOTE]And which platform was that for, PS3, 360 or Wii? :lol:

[quote name='skubish']It's sad how few people have contributed this year. Less 1000 people. Gives new meaning to cheap ass gamers.[/QUOTE]

10% unemployment and 20%+ underemployment may have something to do with that, especially considering how many 16-30 yr olds fall into those two categories (a key gaming demographic.)

[quote name='tholly']10% unemployment and 20%+ underemployment may have something to do with that, especially considering how many 16-30 yr olds fall into those two categories (a key gaming demographic.)[/QUOTE]

Word. But if everyone who visits CAG donates a couple of bucks we would all ready be over the target. Plus people can't be that hard up they can't spare $5 if they are buying games thru CAG.

I'm in for $20. Wish I could give as much as I did last year, but I just bought a house and it's left me severely broke. Still plan on giving a bit more through the humble indie bundle as well.

At the very least it looks like Child's Play on the whole is doing well.

Just chipped in $5. I wish I could do more, but my credit sucks and thus the deposit for setting up a new electricity utilities account is just about killing me.

chipped in 0.01 . i would donate more if prizes were distributed to multiple winners.

edit: i'm an asshole when im drunk. here is $15

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='maxim2boobles']chipped in 0.01 . i would donate more if prizes were distributed to multiple winners.[/QUOTE]

A.) They are - all those prizes go to different people - one person isn't going to win it all.
B.) Don't donate for prizes. :(

In for $20. I little broke this year buy my yearly $20 to Child's Play is in. I also will donate $20 to Unicef and $20 to local charity by end of the year. I say this every year, but anyone that uses this site should doante at least $5. All you slickdeals hoarder reseller people need to donate more lol

I dropped $10 in. That will be about it for me...moving early next year and I need money for a security deposit. But thanks to everyone for contributing to this!

bread's done
Back