CAGs Raise $46,659 for Child's Play - Raffle Winners Posted

[quote name='pooloftears']Jobless but I still threw down $500. It's a good cause and I can jump back on my feet in no time.[/QUOTE]

wow thats nice of you. :) Unfortunitly even working full time there is no way I could afford that kind of donation but still in for 5 bucks. lol

[quote name='pooloftears']Jobless but I still threw down $500. It's a good cause and I can jump back on my feet in no time.[/QUOTE]

Wow, very generous. I hope you get the grand prize for being so selfless.

[quote name='pooloftears']Jobless but I still threw down $500. It's a good cause and I can jump back on my feet in no time.[/QUOTE]You rock so much! People like you are simply amazing.

donated 25 and also cheapyd can i donate some dlc for ps3 and 360

Paid in $5, its a tough recession but I'm a believer that everyone can donate something, anything to help. Lets hope these next few days it gets a big push! :)

Merry Christmas! :D

ive been a cag for maybe 2-3 christmases this year but never donated. I didnt get a chance to donate anywhere this year (didnt see the salvation army guys with the bells anywhere). so i donated $10 for the kids. I was shocked to see how far off from the goal we are...come on cags

So being more than half way off from our goal. I decided to chip in $50. I will chip in more later if needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
This holiday season has had its ups and downs financially, and with a month of unpaid furlough. But after a huge hit from shopping for gifts, I've chipped in what I could this year. Might be able to donate a bit more later.

Just donated, I know this year has been rough, so I upped my donation.

I think what we need is more CAGs donating, even if it's just $1 or $5. Please donate if you can! It's great that we have the ability to help kids stuck in hospitals feel better.

(This is a rough calculation) $25,000 / 1,240 donations = $20/donation which is awesome! But if we had every CAG donating a $1, we could easily reach $50,000 - $60,000.

:idea: Maybe more people would be willing to donate if raffle tickets were set at $1, instead of $5.

We "raised" about $1700 via our Twitter promotion. I rounded up to $2,000 and donated via the Chipin widget.

I love how many of you say "tough economy, only could put $5, etc etc etc."

You frequently visit a video games forum to buy non-necessity video games! If you are visiting regularly to buy video games then obviously your doing fine because video games are very low on the priority list in "tough times".

If you want to donate, that's really great. If not, that's okay too, but you don't need to "justify" the lack of donation or a small amount.

I worry we may not reach our goal. I think I said last year that it was set too high, but somehow we made that, but this year it is really looking like we may fail. Trying to get an additional $32k in a down economy is really tough!

EDIT: Yeah, you are right elessar. Changed post.

Donated 5, posted link on our website, we were just talking about drives like this to help kids in hospitals.

Didn't realize you could actually add the Chipin block itself, added to the frontpage of our portal.

Good luck Cheapy

Maybe $60k was too high, but the number of people who donated so far sn't that great, so we are all hoping that the participation will be greater. Cheapy knows the number of active registered CAGs, so I'm hoping the goal is still reachable.

added some money, wish i could donate more, but kind of in a bad situation: college student with high credit card amount and no money until Feb lol. If this was extended to Feb i could definitely donate more. Hope everyone ChipsIn, even $5 is a great gesture :)

[quote name='bsesb2003']Maybe $60k was too high, but the number of people who donated so far sn't that great, so we are all hoping that the participation will be greater. [/QUOTE]

I agree, the number of contributors is kind of shocking with the amount of traffic these forums get. Hopefully, more people can see it in their hearts to give back after being blessed themselves on Christmas.

Have a safe New Year everyone.

I will donate another hundred when I get on a computer with internet before the end of the week. I have been one of the fortunate folks that has actually seen increase in pay during this time so I might as well spend some more of it on this worthy cause.

[quote name='bsesb2003']Maybe $60k was too high, but the number of people who donated so far sn't that great, so we are all hoping that the participation will be greater. Cheapy knows the number of active registered CAGs, so I'm hoping the goal is still reachable.[/QUOTE]
There were at least 7000 users posting to try to win that huge prize pack. So yeah, not even a quarter of that donating at least $5 (even $1!) is disappointing but expected.

It's going to be tough to make it, but I finally got around to doing my part and I think the community will rally late.

Thanks for the reminder, Cheapy -- I'd been meaning to for a while, but the pop-up actually got me to read further into it, so I just donated $20 for the cause. (I've saved way more than that over the course of this year through CAG deals anyway!)

[quote name='jacknicklson']I donated $20 over a week but the counter hasn't updated in awhile...weird[/QUOTE]

The totals tend to get cached in Firefox. Try clearing your cache or using a different browser.

bread's done
Back