CAGs Raise $46,659 for Child's Play - Raffle Winners Posted

[quote name='CheapyD']The totals tend to get cached in Firefox. Try clearing your cache or using a different browser.[/QUOTE]

Fixed it, thanks!

[quote name='SynGamer']I really wish the CAG "everything" prize pack would be split up for multiple winners...[/QUOTE]

Then if you win, donate the stuff you're not interested in via a contest or ask Cheapy to pick a few more winners so you can distribute it?

[quote name='botticus']There were at least 7000 users posting to try to win that huge prize pack. So yeah, not even a quarter of that donating at least $5 (even $1!) is disappointing but expected.[/QUOTE]

A lot of people like myself prefer to donate to local charities instead. There are so many online charities and everyone lobbying for money everywhere you turn that it's just not possible to donate to everyone. It gets to the point where these charities start to guilt you into it.

[quote name='Glasscocked']A lot of people like myself prefer to donate to local charities instead. There are so many online charities and everyone lobbying for money everywhere you turn that it's just not possible to donate to everyone. It gets to the point where these charities start to guilt you into it.[/QUOTE]

A charity is a charity. And as far as charities go, the overhead is tiny compared to many companies out there that take like 40%.

Just donated some...not much, but every bit helps!
Even though it looks like we might not reach the goal, it still is a lot of money going to a good cause!

Donated $5. It isn't much, but I've given to Child's Play a bit in the past and I really approve of their charity.

Plus, this site's freakin' awesome, and I know every little bit helps.

I donated another 100 so that's 200 so far. I might be able to give a little more by the end of this week but I have to see how my funds will be like.

It seems that since the little exitable window at the upper end of the page appeared, we're moving along a little quicker. At least I don't remember seeing it there before today.

just curious, does anyone know how they are keeping track of tickets from each person? like by the paypal email?

I chipped in another $5. So its $10 and donated two prizes. I will try and donate more money, if I have the funds.

[quote name='adonis 27']just curious, does anyone know how they are keeping track of tickets from each person? like by the paypal email?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, by your Paypal email. If your Paypal email matches your CAG email, you'll be referred to by your CAG name rather than by email if you're a winner.

RacketBoy's charity has ended, and I can chip in for this.

$25, which is about 4~5 fast food meals, but I can cook for myself - hope this can inspire people to think outside.

bread's done
Back