CAGs with Guns...

Status
Not open for further replies.

levi333

CAGiversary!
Feedback
99 (99%)
Just thought I'd see if there are any "gun-nuts" on CAG...
I have not yet achieved that title, but when i do, ill be damn proud!
Currently only have a handful of firearms, about half a dozen.
Here's a pic of the newest family member. Picked her up used for a great deal and she shoots beautifully. Can't wait to go through a couple hundred rounds this weekend!

kimber011.jpg

So, CAGS, show me what you got!

danw357.jpg

Except mine has the 8-inch barrel on it. It's my personal favorite. Also there's the Beretta .40 w/ "mods". (what are we legally allowed to say here?)

I'm in the same boat as you, about half a dozen guns here. I'm personally holding out for a kel-tec PLR16

members%5Cusers%5Cdunlap%5C5718942938.jpeg

and an MKIII hunter for plinking

ruger_22-45_hunter.gif

[quote name='levi333']Just thought I'd see if there are any "gun-nuts" on CAG...
I have not yet achieved that title, but when i do, ill be damn proud!
Currently only have a handful of firearms, about half a dozen.
Here's a pic of the newest family member. Picked her up used for a great deal and she shoots beautifully. Can't wait to go through a couple hundred rounds this weekend!

kimber011.jpg

So, CAGS, show me what you got![/QUOTE]

1911 damn fine model.

I have right now a Smith & wesson .38 special titanium. That model of gun has so much history I had to have it.

I want a Springfield .45 XD like my avatar, and I want to get a 1911A1 as well. Would love a model made from 1920-1945.

I want many many guns. Going to get me the .45 and get a membership to a local firing range soon.

Up until about 3 weeks ago, I had about 3 crates of Mr. Kalashnikov's best creation pass through my hands about every week. Of course, the profits went directly up my nose, but eh.

[quote name='Magehart']

Except mine has the 8-inch barrel on it. It's my personal favorite. Also there's the Beretta .40 w/ "mods". (what are we legally allowed to say here?)

[/QUOTE]

I'm a huge Beretta nut. I've got a SS 92FS and a CX4 Storm Carbine, with MANY more Berettas on the must have list. I take it you have a "96" model? What kind of mods do you speak of that would make it illegal? Unregistered parts attached to it, that sort of thing?

If and when I save up some money I plan on buying a 9mm and maybe a few more after that. Here in VA, as long as your weapon is registered, you can have it on you as long as it's in plain sight. I plan on walking up to the place I'm going to buy it with a friend and we're both going to buy one and walk back with it on our waist. Just to see how many cops stop us to see the registration. I would almost put money on one of them giving me a ride home so that I don't freak people out.

[quote name='levi333']I'm a huge Beretta nut. I've got a SS 92FS and a CX4 Storm Carbine, with MANY more Berettas on the must have list. I take it you have a "96" model? What kind of mods do you speak of that would make it illegal? Unregistered parts attached to it, that sort of thing?[/QUOTE]

How do you like the CX4 Storm? I've wanted one for a while but never got around to picking one up.

I've currently just got a couple Walther handguns, a PPKS and P99.

[quote name='Roufuss']I'm gonna wait for Hex to find this thread.[/QUOTE]
Me too. I just didn't want to be the one to say his cursed name.

And I too play duckhunt.

[quote name='levi333']Just thought I'd see if there are any "gun-nuts" on CAG...[/quote]
Ho ho ho... You have no idea. :D

Lovely Kimber, though- my range had an Eclipse II which I was very impressed with. I'm in the .45 or nothing camp.

Anyway, my guns (sorry about the crappy quality of some of these pictures):

H&R Hunter Ultra:

Turkish M1938 (this is my favourite one):

Norinco NHM-91 (made un-ugly with true AK furniture):

1942 Lee Enfield No. 4 Mk1:

M91/30 Mosin Nagant (I have two; one is a rare three-digit hex reciever one, this is the rounded reciever version):

Yugoslav SKS:

Finally, Remington 870:

Sadly, no handguns, since I'm not 21.

[quote name='Roufuss']I'm gonna wait for Hex to find this thread.[/quote]
You called? :D

[quote name='BillyBob29']How do you like the CX4 Storm? I've wanted one for a while but never got around to picking one up.

I've currently just got a couple Walther handguns, a PPKS and P99.[/quote]
I'm into the CX4 myself. I'll just have to get someone get one for me 'Straw Man' style.. :whistle2:$ How does the P99 work out? I like the look and ergonomics, but dunno how it performs.

[quote name='Roufuss']Ha! I knew it ;)[/quote]

If you can pick out the sole similarity between the Mosin Nagant and the H&R Hunter rifle, I'll give you.. A free coupon for the Internet or something. :D

And no, it's not that they both have scopes.

[quote name='Hex']

I'm into the CX4 myself. I'll just have to get someone get one for me 'Straw Man' style.. :whistle2:$ How does the P99 work out? I like the look and ergonomics, but dunno how it performs.[/QUOTE]

I really like it. It fits my hands perfectly, is very comfortable, accurate and has a pretty tame kick for a .40.

[quote name='Hex']If you can pick out the sole similarity between the Mosin Nagant and the H&R Hunter rifle, I'll give you.. A free coupon for the Internet or something. :D

And no, it's not that they both have scopes.[/QUOTE]
Is it that the H&R loads directly into the barrel and the Mosin Nagant has like a side loading bolt action thingy?

I know nothing of guns so if thats way off, it's no surprise.

[quote name='Hex']Ho ho ho... You have no idea. :D

Sadly, no handguns, since I'm not 21.

You called? :D.[/QUOTE]

Thats an automatic rifle (?) if so you can have an automatic rifle but no hand gun.

[quote name='Eviltude']Is it that the H&R loads directly into the barrel and the Mosin Nagant has like a side loading bolt action thingy?

I know nothing of guns so if thats way off, it's no surprise.[/quote]
That would be a difference, but you're right about how their actions work.

fuck it, the smiliarity is that I used the same scope on both guns, but the problem is, that scope can't work on the Mosin since it's too far forward... Eventually I'll buy a Scout scope for it. :x

[quote name='CitizenB']Thats an automatic rifle (?) if so you can have an automatic rifle but no hand gun.[/quote]

I'd never go through the pain-in-the-ass process of getting an automatic rifle, so no, it's not automatic. I'm not a fan of autos anyway, so semi is okay with me. :D

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']Same scope, no?[/quote]
Goo' jerb.

[quote name='CitizenB']Thats an automatic rifle (?) if so you can have an automatic rifle but no hand gun.[/quote]
Here's a shot of the reciever (why the hell it's suddenly in b&w I'll never know). Just S (safe) and F (fire). No automatic selections, I'm afraid.

[quote name='BillyBob29']How do you like the CX4 Storm? I've wanted one for a while but never got around to picking one up.

I've currently just got a couple Walther handguns, a PPKS and P99.[/QUOTE]

I love the CX4 for the most part. Its a lot of fun to shoot. I've put about 1500 rounds through it since i got it about 6 months ago. Only complaints are the trigger and mag release. Great for shooting nutria around here.

Hex how does that 870 shoot?

I've been wanting to get a shotgun, but it seems like for every one handgun there is 15 different shotguns.

[quote name='CitizenB']Hex how does that 870 shoot?

I've been wanting to get a shotgun, but it seems like for every one handgun there is 15 different shotguns.[/quote]

In the configuration in that picture? (Read: old config) Total shit if you're shooting anything stronger than No. 8 birdshot. I learned the hard way that you should keep the original stock on it when you're shooting buckshot, and I had the indentation of the reciever on my forehead to prove it. :p Now it's got the typical 870 stock and works out well. I totally reccommend it.

[quote name='levi333']Is that a flaming penis coming out of the end of that gun?!?![/quote]

This looks shopped. ;)

All i have is my remington 870 .12 gauge that I use for deer hunting:
[MEDIA]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/DroogsDontRun/mygun.jpg[/MEDIA]

I would love to buy some handguns....but alas, i'm not 21 yet.

[quote name='Hex']In the configuration in that picture? (Read: old config) Total shit if you're shooting anything stronger than No. 8 birdshot. I learned the hard way that you should keep the original stock on it when you're shooting buckshot, and I had the indentation of the reciever on my forehead to prove it. :p Now it's got the typical 870 stock and works out well. I totally reccommend it.[/QUOTE]

I see, I was thinking of picking up the 11-87 SP- with the thumb grip/ambidextrous grip.

http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/shotguns/model_11-87/model_11-87_SP_thumbhole.asp

[quote name='CitizenB']I see, I was thinking of picking up the 11-87 SP- with the thumb grip/ambidextrous grip.

http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/shotguns/model_11-87/model_11-87_SP_thumbhole.asp[/QUOTE]

I dont see how a thumb-hole stock could be ambidextrous...

I would think a thumbhole stock would be good for hunting, but not self defense.
Not sure what you have in mind for it.
Semi's can be very fun. If you havent already, look into Benelli. The make some GREAT auto-shotties.

[quote name='levi333']I dont see how a thumb-hole stock could be ambidextrous...

I would think a thumbhole stock would be good for hunting, but not self defense.
Not sure what you have in mind for it.
Semi's can be very fun. If you havent already, look into Benelli. The make some GREAT auto-shotties.[/QUOTE]

Target practice, or going to the range. I shoot right handed, I assumed that it was ambidextrous. From Benelli I know of the SPAS-15 that from what I understand is outlawed in the US.

[quote name='assassinX']what is plinking?[/QUOTE]

I believe it refers to the sound a can makes when you shoot it. A "plink" sound.
But most of us use that term for any kind of target practice. Just having fun, nothing too serious, shooting with friends, that sort of thing.

[quote name='assassinX']what is plinking?[/quote]
Cheap, recreational shooting.

[quote name='CitizenB']Target practice, or going to the range. I shoot right handed, I assumed that it was ambidextrous. From Benelli I know of the SPAS-15 that from what I understand is outlawed in the US.[/quote]

Wait. The SPAS15 is a Franchi firearm.

But yeah, no SPAS15 for joo. But Benelli makes a lot of (expensive) shotguns. Nova and M4 come to mind. If you can find one, people also like the Franchi SPAS12. It's handy because it's both an autoloader and pump, but I think they're out of production, and thus expensive and hard to find.

If I had the money for any shotgun, I'd spring for a Saiga 12 or Benelli M3 Super 90.

[quote name='Hex']I'll say it again- Cheapy, you need some trigger discipline, airgun or not. ;)

I'd rather have the gun that the Robocop pistol is based off of than Robocop's if it came down to it...

beretta93r3si4.jpg
[/quote]

It's the gun from RE4!

[quote name='Hex']I'll say it again- Cheapy, you need some trigger discipline, airgun or not. ;)

I'd rather have the gun that the Robocop pistol is based off of than Robocop's if it came down to it...

beretta93r3si4.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Thats a full-auto Beretta 93R i believe.
Would love to get my hands on one of those!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back