Call of Duty 4 $39.99 at Meijer

crunchb3rry

CAGiversary!
Just got back from Meijer and saw COD4 for $40. It seemed like a chainwide sale because they had one of the little price cards printed up with the sale description.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Was it in the ad? I never read them. All they ever seem to have in them is lots of grapes for sale.[/quote]

Now that you mention it, every single one of their ads seems to have grapes on the front cover...:whistle2:k

Sometimes they have separate ads for their grocery and general merchandise. I personally never find anything there. They often run bogo sales there, and I swear they take all the good games out while the sale is on. Plus, they lock up their games, which is fine, it's just that finding someone to help you is a chore.

[quote name='dcswirl']and I swear they take all the good games out while the sale is on.[/quote]

Shit, they never have them to begin with. My Meijer sucks. Once a game goes out of stock it tends to stay out of stock. Rainbow Six Vegas for the 360 has yet to resurface after selling out prior to the global price drops. I don't even think they carry standalone Rock Band anymore.

Meijer>Wal-Mart

I will have to check it out and maybe put one up for trade on Goozex or on here.

They really are about the same in prices, just better customer service and not so slow of checkout lanes. Really big in West Michigan (where the HQ is).

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Shit, they never have them to begin with. My Meijer sucks. Once a game goes out of stock it tends to stay out of stock. Rainbow Six Vegas for the 360 has yet to resurface after selling out prior to the global price drops. I don't even think they carry standalone Rock Band anymore.[/quote]

Where are you located at??

My meijer had a ton of shit on sale. Jeanne de arc 12.86 or something, cod4 for 360 was 39.99, never checked ps3, but id assume so.

[quote name='omgu8myrice']so just because YOU havnt heard of it, its not a deal, right?[/quote]
No, I just thought I'd throw it in there:cool:

[quote name='mvp828']Meijer>Wal-Mart

I will have to check it out and maybe put one up for trade on Goozex or on here.

They really are about the same in prices, just better customer service and not so slow of checkout lanes. Really big in West Michigan (where the HQ is).

Where are you located at??[/quote]

East Michigan, near the Bay. There's quite a few over here too.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']East Michigan, near the Bay. There's quite a few over here too.[/quote]

Okay, that is probably why. In Grand Rapids area everything is stocked quite often. But up at school in Midland, I have noticed they don't get as much.

[quote name='mvp828']Meijer>Wal-Mart[/QUOTE]QFT.

The ad just had the 360 version for $40. A few weeks ago, the PS3 version was $40. Meijer.com list CoD4 at $40 also. If the PS3 version goes $40 again, I'll buy it.

[quote name='ChaoticClimax']This isn't YMMV, it's in the Meijer flyer. I just picked up a copy :)[/quote]

I am not sure, but I think they were just referring to it being that only some people are gifted enough to have a Meijer nearby. ;)

Then again it would be nice to have a Fry's.

[quote name='talonthrawn']Haha I'm in Lansing too.. yeah we have more Meijers than we need. I just saw 360 but it may very well be PS3 as well.[/quote]

Bloody hell, how many people from Lansing do we have here? :bouncy:

There are actually quite a few...
Especially since I have yet to see the usual posters from MI are yet to post in here. (i.e. Kendal, NoZoL, a few others)

Plus you have to remember that 90% of the people that post in a Meijer thread are going to be from MI since that is where most the stores are located.

[quote name='omgu8myrice']so just because YOU havnt heard of it, its not a deal, right?[/quote]

Not to him or anyone else who hasn't heard of it it doesn't. :)

You know I was looking at the games last night at my meijer, and both COD's were priced at 59.99 no tag

I must have lazy employees, lol

ahh well, i have it already

Went to Meijer in Rochester Hills, MI, they did have it in stock. Although, CoD4 was a rent for me, I don't plan on buying it, as I'm not a big multiplayer-online gamer.

[quote name='mvp828']There are actually quite a few...
Especially since I have yet to see the usual posters from MI are yet to post in here. (i.e. Kendal, NoZoL, a few others)

Plus you have to remember that 90% of the people that post in a Meijer thread are going to be from MI since that is where most the stores are located.[/QUOTE]

It's no need for us to post because we mostly own this already on Xbox 360. I know I have had it since a few days after it came out.

Nah, I will wait for 1 yr or so when it drops to $29.99. Too busy playing Bioshock, Jak III, Orange Box, Halo 3, blah blah...

[quote name='oasisboy']Nah, I will wait for 1 yr or so when it drops to $29.99. Too busy playing Bioshock, Jak III, Orange Box, Halo 3, blah blah...[/quote]
CoD4 ownz all of those games

Shoot I was hoping the PS3 version would be on sale, but it's not. Oh well, another Michigan cag here, got 5 Meijers within 6 miles, so West Michigan does seem pretty sell saturated or at least the Grand Rapids area.

[quote name='cdeener']It's no need for us to post because we mostly own this already on Xbox 360. I know I have had it since a few days after it came out.[/quote]

True.

[quote name='nyman']Shoot I was hoping the PS3 version would be on sale, but it's not. Oh well, another Michigan cag here, got 5 Meijers within 6 miles, so West Michigan does seem pretty sell saturated or at least the Grand Rapids area.[/quote]

I hear ya... You got Alpine, Jenison, Plainfield, 28th, 44th, Standale, Rockford... prolly one or two more that I forgot.

To answer another person's question ... past experience is that YES, Meijer employees are lazy about that stuff.

There's a nice saturation of these stores in Columbus, OH too (and in my old hometown of Cincy). I'd jump on this but I got the $44.99 CE from Amazon last week.

Hmm I don't think anyone's posted it yet when looking through the thread. However this deal is also available online :http://www.meijer.com/home.jsp

This is good news if you missed out on the Toys R' Us running out of stock a few days ago. Just picked it up.

*edit- never heard of this store in Texas though.

[quote name='TommyTSquared']

*edit- never heard of this store in Texas though.[/quote]

They are mostly in MI, and have stores in IL, OH, IN(I think), and also I think a couple in KY.

[quote name='mvp828']They are mostly in MI, and have stores in IL, OH, IN(I think), and also I think a couple in KY.[/QUOTE]

Yes they are all over Indiana. I think we have about 5 in Indianapolis.

If you crazy CAG'ers can wait til Saturday, there is 15% off general merchandise in store only. That would make it like $34 before tax, so almost half the regular price.

The sale is Saturday only, check the Meijer's website for the weekly flyer. The deals are to be posted there tommorrow, the 31st.

Picked another copy up for myself and put my copy in the mail for a Goozex trade. $38 after tax and minus sister's employee discount is nice for 1000 points.

bread's done
Back