Call of Duty 4 GOTY (360/PS3), Call of Duty: World at War (360) at Toys R Us for $20

Allen750

CAGiversary!
As of now, the PS3 version is out of stock.

photo.php

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31095332&l=0234cfb31b&id=1572293271

COD4 Xbox 360: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3077113

COD4 PS3: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3077114 (Currently Out of Stock)

Call of Duty: World at War, Xbox 360: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3326915

Just to make people aware, unless the PS3 GOTY edition is marked with a sticker on the outer packaging, there is NOTHING different about the GOTY edition then the normal. I found this out last black Friday when I snagged a GOTY edition and was surprised to find that there was nothing new on the disk nor any downloadable codes. Original their was a voucher which would allow you to download the map pack's for free, but they were only included in some of the first shipments of the game >_>

[quote name='Blumpkin']That $5 shipping is a deal killer. Pretty good find OP, maybe I can get in in store...[/QUOTE]

Same price in store at the Jantzen Beach TRU in Portland, OR.

[quote name='shosh']Are prices usually the same instore at TRU[/QUOTE]
This one is[quote name='broadbandit']will best buy price match toys r us website?[/QUOTE]
Yes, I just got home from doing that. They will check the web site first, then they will call TRU to make sure they have it in-stock.

EDIT- I forgot to say this was for World at War Xbox 360

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back from BB with COD4 for $19.99 after price matching TRU. Would have bought from TRU but the kid that worked there said that they didn't have it when indeed they had 4 copies that I could see with my eyes so needless to say I left annoyed but happy to take my business to BB where I could my reward zone points.

[quote name='Blumpkin']That $5 shipping is a deal killer. Pretty good find OP, maybe I can get in in store...[/QUOTE]

Five bucks? In store you'll pay $1.60 sales tax and it's a pretty fair assessment that you'll use close to, if not at least that much gas to get there and back, so how much will you really save?

Please don't take this as me singling you out and railing on you personally, but this whole letting a few bucks shipping be a "deal killer" thing is at times downright illogical. If you're paying for gas, and unless you have amazing mileage, it might not be as prudent as it appears.

[quote name='Survivalism']Five bucks? In store you'll pay $1.60 sales tax and it's a pretty fair assessment that you'll use close to, if not at least that much gas to get there and back, so how much will you really save?

Please don't take this as me singling you out and railing on you personally, but this whole letting a few bucks shipping be a "deal killer" thing is at times downright illogical. If you're paying for gas, and unless you have amazing mileage, it might not be as prudent as it appears.[/QUOTE]
yeah you get charged tax anyway.

and you'd have to drive pretty far to waste 5 bucks in gas.
its like what, almost 2 gallons, lets say 1.6 gallons. avg car drives at least 25mpg unless you're in a hummer. so you'd have to drive 40 miles total to waste that much.

[quote name='zmarselle']Just to make people aware, unless the PS3 GOTY edition is marked with a sticker on the outer packaging, there is NOTHING different about the GOTY edition then the normal. I found this out last black Friday when I snagged a GOTY edition and was surprised to find that there was nothing new on the disk nor any downloadable codes. Original their was a voucher which would allow you to download the map pack's for free, but they were only included in some of the first shipments of the game >_>[/QUOTE]

same exact thing happened to me

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']Just got back from BB with COD4 for $19.99 after price matching TRU. Would have bought from TRU but the kid that worked there said that they didn't have it when indeed they had 4 copies that I could see with my eyes so needless to say I left annoyed but happy to take my business to BB where I could my reward zone points.[/QUOTE]
Dude. At least point it out to him and get to the bottom of why he said there weren't any copies. Was there a discrepancy with whether or not it was a GOTY edition? I would just go to BB first next time, if I knew I could price-match and use BB credits.

[quote name='shosh']yeah you get charged tax anyway.

its like what, almost 2 gallons, lets say 1.6 gallons. avg car drives at least 25mpg unless you're in a hummer. so you'd have to drive 40 miles total to waste that much.[/QUOTE]
Beyond that, if you're paying $19.99 or even less for a game, paying $5 for shipping is just ludicrous. You might as well pay $24.99 in-store.

[quote name='shosh']yeah you get charged tax anyway.

its like what, almost 2 gallons, lets say 1.6 gallons. avg car drives at least 25mpg unless you're in a hummer. so you'd have to drive 40 miles total to waste that much.[/QUOTE]
Beyond that, if you're paying $19.99 or less for a game, paying $5 for shipping is just ludicrous. You might as well pay $24.99 in-store.

[quote name='sadboy']Dude. At least point it out to him and get to the bottom of why he said there weren't any copies. Was there a discrepancy with whether or not it was a GOTY edition? I would just go to BB first next time, if I knew I could price-match and use BB credits.[/QUOTE]

I think he was confused that I didn't say modern warfare instead saying "Call Of Duty 4" which I guess I shouldn't have made the assumption that a 20 year old kid working in the gaming section a TRU would know what I was talking about...silly me. Also someone mentioned that it had to be in stock before another store would price match so I had to go at least make sure it wasn't YMMV before I just went to BB to price match.

[quote name='Brother Daz']For those that are savvy with BB, will they price match this by showing them the TRU site?[/QUOTE]

If the BB employee working the returns/pick-up counter is knowledgeable about their store policies, you can. BB will match the websites of known stores. I actually heard an employee telling customers that. And they were going to price match a Gamestop.com price for me but their sales price happened to end on that day. :bomb:

Got COD4 for $20 at my TRU, but it was still labeled $40. Rang up $20 just fine.

Thanks, OP!

bread's done
Back