Call of Duty 4 - GOTY Edition- 39.99 from Gamestop

so whats the used price on the game now??? 39.99 is still high for me. i sold mine on ebay and bought World at War but im considering buying COD4 again

Is there a point to the GOTY? At one point they added the map pack for free, but it's not even advertised anymore, and I was told it doesn't come with a code for it anymore -- and afaik there's no bonus disc (a la COD2/3).

[quote name='twen']Is there a point to the GOTY? At one point they added the map pack for free, but it's not even advertised anymore, and I was told it doesn't come with a code for it anymore -- and afaik there's no bonus disc (a la COD2/3).[/QUOTE]

No, there is no point. There is no longer a code, and there is no bonus disk.

They discounted the map pack to $5, but that was temporary. Most of the new maps are horrible anyways, besides that one warehouse one.

This needs to drop below $30 already.

[quote name='Legendbyname']They discounted the map pack to $5, but that was temporary. Most of the new maps are horrible anyways, besides that one warehouse one.

This needs to drop below $30 already.[/quote]
Really? I thought both Chinatown and Broadcast were both pretty good.

[quote name='Newmember']cod4=old[/quote]
It's only more than a year old, how exactly is that "old?"

Either way, regardless if it doesn't bring anything important, it's still cheaper than a new ($59.99) or used ($44.99) copy of the regular version at GameStop.

[quote name='Tsukento']It's only more than a year old, how exactly is that "old?"

Either way, regardless if it doesn't bring anything important, it's still cheaper than a new ($59.99) or used ($44.99) copy of the regular version at GameStop.[/quote]

Something with CoD 5 being out as well.

Yeah, I've been really waiting for this one to drop down for awhile. I sold mine back last year, but had always planned to grab it again when it is cheap. I'd love to see $34.99 used...that would be around $25 with the current coupon; I'd be all over that!

[quote name='sgaldis']Yeah, I've been really waiting for this one to drop down for awhile. I sold mine back last year, but had always planned to grab it again when it is cheap. I'd love to see $34.99 used...that would be around $25 with the current coupon; I'd be all over that![/quote]

ditto...

The reason Call of Duty 4 hasn't dropped in price is because it's a better game than Call of Duty: World at War. It doesn't matter if it's old. This isn't Madden. New versions of a game don't necessarily make a better game, especially when different developers are involved.

In any case, World at War will drop in price much faster than CoD4. Believe it.

it's still in the top 5 games played on XBL and is probably still selling well. They won't drop the price until sales fall to a certain level.

It's not automatic that companies drop prices on games just because a new version is out.

[quote name='Caliburn']CoD4 regular for $17.99 at Circuit City was a better find for me. The GOTY edition is just too expensive.[/quote]
Shame it's no longer at that price, what with the liquidators jacking up the prices back to retail. :(

I thought that was a price mistake. Sucks that I missed it. I have a friend that would love a copy of Call of Duty 4 for cheap.

Not a great deal IMO..

There's no way I'm buying a game which is more than a year old and already has it's sequel out for $40.

*Puts flame suit on*

[quote name='JrHu92']Not a great deal IMO..

There's no way I'm buying a game which is more than a year old and already has it's sequel out for $40.

*Puts flame suit on*[/quote]
Except they're two completely different games. One is set in modern war, the other back to World War 2. o_O

I bought Modern Warfare for $40 Christmas the year it was released, and I don't regret it. And this is coming from someone who considers any game

COD4 still has a lot of people playing online. Although 40.00 definitely isn't an awesome deal the game is definitely worth it. There is a reason that the game still so popular and that's because the online multiplayer is awesome and the single player campaign is epic.

It will most likely drop after MW2 comes out this fall. I got this for $40 last summer at this price and I was pissed it didn't come with the map pack.

I saw this for $30 at my best buy yesterday, I think. I didn't look too closely, just noticed it as I was skimming the prices of all the games. So there is a chance that the stack of COD4 GOTYs were just in front of the wrong price sticker.

[quote name='GameOnJohn']It will most likely drop after MW2 comes out this fall. I got this for $40 last summer at this price and I was pissed it didn't come with the map pack.[/QUOTE]
I agree, it will probably drop like a rock assuming MW2 isn't a disaster. But that's almost a year away.

The fact that it's not a platinum hit yet pisses me off. I can't justify buying the 360 version at this price because I already own CoD 5 on 360 and CoD 4 on PC

bread's done
Back