Call of Duty 4: GOTY (PS3/360) $40.99 @ amazon

A word to those who are going to pick this up. The GOTY edition no longer comes with a key to D/L the map packs. That was a limited time offer. This goes for both versions of the game.

[quote name='h3ro']A word to those who are going to pick this up. The GOTY edition no longer comes with a key to D/L the map packs. That was a limited time offer. This goes for both versions of the game.[/quote]

Where'd you get that info? Amazon's description still claims that it comes with the code.

They may have back stock of the version with the map code but I'd expect the GOTY game WITHOUT the code included. All the major retailers with fresh stock have the GOTY without the code.

As for what Amazon claims, there's plenty of times they say it's one version of the game yet they send you another. This isn't to say they absolutely won't send the map pack version but I'd doubt it.

The Map Pack is on a price cut next weekend for the PS3 though. $5 for 4 maps instead of the usual $10.

It's also $39.99 at Gamestop for the next 3-4 days according to their flyer. In case you don't want to wait for the mail.

Me, I'm waiting for $29.99 myself.

Best Buy has offered the previous year's CoD for $20 on Black Friday for the past couple of years. It may be worth waiting until then to save an additional $20.

[quote name='Staind204']How do the 360 and PS3 versions compare?[/quote]

Pretty much even in performance. I own both and the only difference (if you can call it that) is if you zoom in with the scope and look at the floor. The 360 textures are better than the PS3s, but that gets relegated by the fact that the static backgrounds look slightly sharper on the PS3. Totally a toss-up. No frame drops on either.

Go with your controller preference for an FPS and where your friend's will play. I kept the 360 version and my brother plays on the PS3.

[quote name='aoessand']just picked it up from gstop yep no new maps F##king lame[/QUOTE]

People on Kotaku were complaining about this. If you have a valid code I'd email this guy. I believe he is FourZeroTwo of Infinity Ward.

"Drop me an email and I'll personally get you hooked up with the maps. [email protected]"

I saw this for the 360 at this price months ago. I would have bought it at that price then, but now, I'll wait just a little longer and get it for close to half that price, thanks. Just a couple months too late on that price.

The 360 version is in stock for $43 now. I went ahead and picked one up since all of my friends play it on 360. Not sure what I will do with my PS3 copy.

I just ordered this. What is the deal with the ship date...it says it won't ship for over a month. I am definately cancelling if true.

I never thought about this, but you might be able to use the $10 off $40 purchase coupon for RS...that would be about $30...

[quote name='the_punisher']What exactly is the difference between COD4 and COD4 GOTYE if there's no maps?[/quote]
I'm glad someone answered this question in a timely fashion. Some has got to know...

[quote name='MorPhiend']I'm glad someone answered this question in a timely fashion. Some has got to know...[/quote]

Everywhere I look, it says maps are included in GOTY edition. If not, I'll be returning this. Not going to pay extra for maps when this game is a year old.

[quote name='OGHowie']People on Kotaku were complaining about this. If you have a valid code I'd email this guy. I believe he is FourZeroTwo of Infinity Ward.

"Drop me an email and I'll personally get you hooked up with the maps. [email protected]"[/quote]
No code came in my box, but this works. I e-mailed Robert and he replied with a code within the hour. I'm very impressed with Infinity Ward, moreso than I was already.
Also, Amazon seems to be back up to full price again.

Sell it to me maybe. I want the PS3 version actually. If you have it still and want to sell it, what ya gotta have?

I finally picked it up from Target and it only feels like it has one disc in there. Also, I don't see anything on the box to show it comes with the map pack code. Hopefully Mr. Bowling can send me a code as well.

Thanks for the update Cheapy. I almost ran out to Target to get their last copy of the game but Amazon is the cheaper way to go.

bread's done
Back