Call Of Duty 4 Xbox 360 $39.99 @ Cc 12/02 - 12/08 (OOS Online)

so check this out.
I put this in my Online cart half an hour ago. I just went back into my cart now and it's gone.
Now it's only available In Stores (instead of only available online)
Looks like another Bait and switch from CC. What else is new right?!?

I am done shopping at Circuit City and propose we should all boycott Circuit City. Here is the complaint I sent them:

I am writing to complain about how Circuit City conducts its weekly offers and inform you that you just lost a long time customer...one who has spent thousands inside your store.

Here is my complaint. It seems that Circuit City has now become a bait and switch store. You offer specials that are never offered online, only in-store then the stores never have any products in stock.

I am speaking of this week's offer for Call of Duty 4 for the Xbox 360. Your website states this is an in-store only offer, but when I do a store locater search for the item it shows me that the item is not in stock in any store in a 30 mile radius. How is that possible? The stores in my area aren't even open yet? I live in the Kansas City area and thought ok that might be possible, but then I checked my parents zip code in Tennessee and then my brothers in Rhode Island and all stated that there were no copies available.

Not to mention the last time your company ran an offer for this product (buy Call of Duty 4 Get Call of Duty 3 FREE) the exact same thing happened. How can you advertise an offer on the front page of your weekly circular, but not have any in stock?

In the past I have purchased many high end items at your store. You can check my email address. Last year I purchased my LCD TV ($1,400+) at your store. But after several instances of this kind of bait and switch business tactic I can tell you that you will never again receive one of my hard earned dollars. I would rather spend my money in Best Buy or another big box store. I am also going to make sure to tell family, friends and all of the online communities and forums I am active on about this.

-former Circuit City shopper

CC exists solely, for me, as something to point and laugh at, scorn, and ultimately pricematch elsewhere. As much as I'm getting tired of BB, they are still 10X better than CC ever was.

Gee this is a big surprise how crappy CC really is ..... rolls eyes to heaven. Just get it PMED at a BB That does not bother to stock check.

Yeah, this is just a bunch of bullshit. The E3Cs that I wanted are somehow out of stock in every damn store in the country, and sold out within minutes. And now this happens with COD4, I swear, as much as I hate BB....atleast they don't bait and switch

The funny thing is they had a bunch online yesterday, but all of a sudden the sale is valid and they are all gone, not one store anywhere in IL has any either according the shitty website, but it could be wrong. I won't bother I will just stroll over to BB and deal with a decent store not a great store but 1000 times better that CRAPO CRAPO

The damn snow basically locked me in my house. I can't price match at a BB. Target doesn't price match. And CC is most likely out of stock anyway. My only hope is for Amazon to follow suit and put it on sale.

All stores around me are out of stock too, and they haven't even opened yet (they open at 10 am, and it's 815am as I write this). Doesn't this constitute a bait and switch, if they advertise an item, but don't even have it in stock in store? I hope this is just a computer error or something, because you shouldn't be out of stock of an item advertised in a sale before your store even opens.

[quote name='Trocar']All stores around me are out of stock too, and they haven't even opened yet (they open at 10 am, and it's 815am as I write this). Doesn't this constitute a bait and switch, if they advertise an item, but don't even have it in stock in store? I hope this is just a computer error or something, because you shouldn't be out of stock of an item advertised in a sale before your store even opens.[/quote]

Yeah, it's amazing that it was in stock when I checked last night at my stores.....and now every damn store is OOS...this is wrong

Keep in mind, they just shut off The ONLine availability less than an hour ago. In other words, too many people were taking advantage of it online, so they shut it down (or they ran out of stock). So basically as soon as word gets out about their deals, they shut the deals down. No wonder they are a failing company.
I guess I'll try to get lucky at a BB tomorrow.

[quote name='tightclaws']The funny thing is they had a bunch online yesterday, but all of a sudden the sale is valid and they are all gone[/quote]

It's just another day at CC. At this point, I think they are flat-out pulling stock from the floor on Saturday night, stashing it in the warehouse for a week, then putting it back out. I, for one, will never purchase anything from CC again.

Besides, CoD4 for $37.99 PM'd at BB with the 110% garauntee is much better.

[quote name='silent h3ro']Not trying to brag but I got it for $30 the day it came out with CoD 3.[/quote]

What are you trying to do then?:applause:

Will Best Buy price match off of the internet? Neither of the Circuit Citys (Cities?) around here have it in stock. I just went to a gas station and bought a paper and there was no CC ad.

[quote name='wouldyoukindly']Will Best Buy price match off of the internet? Neither of the Circuit Citys (Cities?) around here have it in stock. I just went to a gas station and bought a paper and there was no CC ad.[/quote]
They probably won't, your best bet would be to mosey on over to A CC and get the flyer.

plan on printing the ad online out here and price matching soon. My best buy said something like they only do the 110% if you bought the item in store and there was an ad, but if you do straight up price matching it's only 100%. Does that mean I should've bought the game first, and then go price match to get extra 10%? Any other's BB like this?

[quote name='aznguyen316']plan on printing the ad online out here and price matching soon. My best buy said something like they only do the 110% if you bought the item in store and there was an ad, but if you do straight up price matching it's only 100%. Does that mean I should've bought the game first, and then go price match to get extra 10%? Any other's BB like this?[/quote]Most BBs are like that. Just buy the game normally. Then go to the customer service center a few seconds later, and say, "Wow, I have an ad here that shows that CC has COD4 for less. I don't know where it came from. Give me 110% pmplzzzzz."

Something along the lines of that.

So what's the best way to go about this. I got an online coupon code, want to get the E3Cs+COD4, should I just take the coupon code into the store and see if they do it?

Just PMed at BB. There were over hundred people there trying to grab 50+ Wiis.

CSR tried to call see if CC had them in-stock. No one answered, CSR just did the PM but it took 10+ minutes. $22.00 off MSRP is good enough.

Hey, just as a heads up the online inventory for this game is totally off. The ones near me all were showing 0 in stock, but I went in anyways (was thinking I would just come out w/ a flyer to PM) and they had a good 15/20 copies left (this was around 1pm at the South Blvd. store in Charlotte).

I got that and Link's Crossbow Training for $57 after tax (I used my gamers card for an additional 10% off)

if you check online it shows the game is out of stock, but I still went to my local CC and there was no copies at all in the floor, so I just asked one of the workers if they had any copies of COD4 for the 360 and the guy went to customer service and he brought out like 8 copies of COD4.

I got the free $25 gift card from Best Buy when I bought Super Mario Galaxy, if I use that GC on this offer (after price matching at Best Buy), I can get COD4 for only $15 before tax. :D

Ironically I just purchased this at kmart yesterday for 44.99 after my $15 reward, so not as good of a price but we don't have CC here and its not in-stock online so still not a bad price.

Tried to PM at Best Buy. No success. :(

Lady called the nearby CC stores, and all of them said COD4 was out of stock.

What a bunch of poo stuck in the butt.

to answer my own question, yes, Fry's does save receipts in their system and can look them up if you paid by credit card.

Just got 110% PM. Final Price ~$41...

CC didn't have an AD in our sunday paper. Had to drive an extra 10 miles to get the ad, go back to best buy and price match it. Not a bad deal tho, still got 10% off the 39.99 price match. Although the saleswoman at customer service only gave me 5% off, but it's too much trouble to go back for the extra 2 bucks.

Just came back from CC and purchased the game at the discounted price. Judging by mine and another posters experience, It seems as if you will need to ask for the game as it was no where to be found on the floor.

[quote name='Dirt McGirt']Just came back from CC and purchased the game at the discounted price. Judging by mine and another posters experience, It seems as if you will need to ask for the game as it was no where to be found on the floor.[/quote]

Same here. I called before I headed up there and the guy said he had about twenty copies. When I got there, there was not any on the shelves but he had a couple locked up below the register. Make sure you ask someone in the department. I also scooped Dragon Quest VIII for $16 so there should be other games on sale too.

WTF i checked online and NO Bay Area stores have this game in stock. how accurate is checking stock online? i hope they restock by the end of this week

Daly City
Approx: 1 miles 303 Gellert Boulevard, Daly City, CA 94015 Details & directions
Not currently available
Van Ness
Approx: 7 miles 1200 Van Ness Avenue 1st Floor, San Francisco, CA 94109 Details & directions
Not currently available
San Mateo
Approx: 13 miles 1880 South Grant Street, San Mateo, CA 94402 Details & directions
Not currently available
Emeryville
Approx: 14 miles 5795 Christie Avenue, Emeryville, CA 94608 Details & directions
Not currently available
San Rafael
Approx: 19 miles 330 Bellam Boulevard, San Rafael, CA 94901 Details & directions
Not currently available
Hilltop
Approx: 22 miles 4100 Klose Way, Richmond, CA 94806 Details & directions
Not currently available
Hayward
Approx: 23 miles 2480 Whipple Road, Hayward, CA 94544 Details & directions
Not currently available
Palo Alto
Approx: 24 miles 1731 East Bayshore Road, Palo Alto, CA 94303 Details & directions
Not currently available
Dublin
Approx: 30 miles 7153 Amador Plaza Road, Dublin, CA 94568 Details & directions
Not currently available
Fremont
Approx: 30 miles 43706 Christy Street, Fremont, CA 94538 Details & directions
Not currently available

[quote name='rsp1976']I am done shopping at Circuit City and propose we should all boycott Circuit City. Here is the complaint I sent them:

I am writing to complain about how Circuit City conducts its weekly offers and inform you that you just lost a long time customer...one who has spent thousands inside your store.

Here is my complaint. It seems that Circuit City has now become a bait and switch store. You offer specials that are never offered online, only in-store then the stores never have any products in stock.

I am speaking of this week's offer for Call of Duty 4 for the Xbox 360. Your website states this is an in-store only offer, but when I do a store locater search for the item it shows me that the item is not in stock in any store in a 30 mile radius. How is that possible? The stores in my area aren't even open yet? I live in the Kansas City area and thought ok that might be possible, but then I checked my parents zip code in Tennessee and then my brothers in Rhode Island and all stated that there were no copies available.

Not to mention the last time your company ran an offer for this product (buy Call of Duty 4 Get Call of Duty 3 FREE) the exact same thing happened. How can you advertise an offer on the front page of your weekly circular, but not have any in stock?

In the past I have purchased many high end items at your store. You can check my email address. Last year I purchased my LCD TV ($1,400+) at your store. But after several instances of this kind of bait and switch business tactic I can tell you that you will never again receive one of my hard earned dollars. I would rather spend my money in Best Buy or another big box store. I am also going to make sure to tell family, friends and all of the online communities and forums I am active on about this.

-former Circuit City shopper[/quote]

You know, if you want to hurt a company, it's probably better to tell them they're doing a great job and you love their store, then go tell everyone you know (in real life and on the internet) how much it sucks. Alerting a company to the fact that they treat their customers like shit will only help them in the long run.

This is a flaw with CCs online stock checking. As I mentioned along with another CAG on the previous page of this post, THEY MAY STILL HAVE THEM.

I went to one that was showing the same thing, and they had 15 copies out in plain view (others have said you have to ask though). So right now EVERY store will say 0 copies, but they do have them. If I were you call to ask or if it is convenient just show up and ask.

[quote name='rly723']WTF i checked online and NO Bay Area stores have this game in stock. how accurate is checking stock online? i hope they restock by the end of this week

Daly City
Approx: 1 miles 303 Gellert Boulevard, Daly City, CA 94015 Details & directions
Not currently available
Van Ness
Approx: 7 miles 1200 Van Ness Avenue 1st Floor, San Francisco, CA 94109 Details & directions
Not currently available
San Mateo
Approx: 13 miles 1880 South Grant Street, San Mateo, CA 94402 Details & directions
Not currently available
Emeryville
Approx: 14 miles 5795 Christie Avenue, Emeryville, CA 94608 Details & directions
Not currently available
San Rafael
Approx: 19 miles 330 Bellam Boulevard, San Rafael, CA 94901 Details & directions
Not currently available
Hilltop
Approx: 22 miles 4100 Klose Way, Richmond, CA 94806 Details & directions
Not currently available
Hayward
Approx: 23 miles 2480 Whipple Road, Hayward, CA 94544 Details & directions
Not currently available
Palo Alto
Approx: 24 miles 1731 East Bayshore Road, Palo Alto, CA 94303 Details & directions
Not currently available
Dublin
Approx: 30 miles 7153 Amador Plaza Road, Dublin, CA 94568 Details & directions
Not currently available
Fremont
Approx: 30 miles 43706 Christy Street, Fremont, CA 94538 Details & directions
Not currently available[/quote]

[quote name='Dirt McGirt']Just came back from CC and purchased the game at the discounted price. Judging by mine and another posters experience, It seems as if you will need to ask for the game as it was no where to be found on the floor.[/quote]

Which further leads me to believe that they are pulling floor stock and putting it away until the sale is over. fucking bastards.

[quote name='Lieutenant Dan']You know, if you want to hurt a company, it's probably better to tell them they're doing a great job and you love their store, then go tell everyone you know (in real life and on the internet) how much it sucks. Alerting a company to the fact that they treat their customers like shit will only help them in the long run.[/quote]
I've read this comment start-to-finish at least three times now, and I haven't a clue what the hell you're talking about. If you're saying the company will not care about a complaint, that's one thing -- and probably true. But I think anyone who logs a complaint is hoping that the company will improve, not that their complaint will somehow hurt the company.

My CC showed 'OOS' online at 9AM this morning. I went to the store at 10:10 AM, and they had about 30 copies. They were selling briskly, but I had no problem picking up two.

[quote name='catapult37']I've read this comment start-to-finish at least three times now, and I haven't a clue what the hell you're talking about. If you're saying the company will not care about a complaint, that's one thing -- and probably true. But I think anyone who logs a complaint is hoping that the company will improve, not that their complaint will somehow hurt the company.[/quote]

Haha, sorry it was a little confusing.

I meant that if you tell a company that they suck for such and such a reason, and the company gets many more similar comments, they are likely to make changes to improve it.

If you tell them they are doing great, they will likely continue to treat their customers poorly (thinking they are not doing anything wrong), and in the process lose more business.

I think the guy I quoted was saying that he wanted CC to lose business, so I said he should probably not tell CC how to improve. Instead, he should just tell everyone he knows that they suck.

Hope it makes sense, though maybe my reasoning is flawed.

PM at Sears went really well.

Salesperson was extremely friendly and we started talking about Guitar Hero of all things. Sears even gave me an additional $2 off (due to 110% guarantee). I paid $40.67 all in all.

Thanks OP!

[quote name='pogipinoy27']PM at Sears went really well.

Salesperson was extremely friendly and we started talking about Guitar Hero of all things. Sears even gave me an additional $2 off (due to 110% guarantee). I paid $40.67 all in all.

Thanks OP![/quote]

Got my price match at BB but it went anything but smoothly, this Ahole petty manager would not do it, he kept claiming it was OOS at CC I tried to explain that CC's stock tracking was messed and he should call them. Then he was like its not within 15 miles so I don't have to do it. KEY WORD I don't have to do it. So I grabbed the sale flyer out of his lame meathook, went another 10 minutes down the road where polite BB CS rep had no problems doing for no questions asked about BS stock rules or 15 miles or anything, I think petty losers who manage BB registers just pull out the rules when they want to be dick. So what should have taken me 5 minutes and home took me an hour plus extra gas to get the same outcome all because some petty asshole.

[quote name='Ronin317']Which further leads me to believe that they are pulling floor stock and putting it away until the sale is over. fucking bastards.[/QUOTE]

Sorry my friend but most CC do this because they know that a lot of people will ask for it so instead of having them search they can just ask for it at the Customer Service Desk or checkout counter. They actually did this for when it came out.

bread's done
Back