Call Of Duty 4 Xbox 360 $39.99 @ Cc 12/02 - 12/08 (OOS Online)

[quote name='cdeener']Sorry my friend but most CC do this because they know that a lot of people will ask for it so instead of having them search they can just ask for it at the Customer Service Desk or checkout counter. They actually did this for when it came out.[/quote]

That's horseshit either way you look at it (clarification - on CC's part, not yours). How are customers just supposed to know that they have to go to CS right off the bat? If you're going to do that, keep a box of them behind CS but make sure the floor is stocked.

And I've gotta say, in my experiences throughout 2007, CC never has a damn thing on the floor if it's in the ad, even at 10am on sunday or a tuesday when the doors open. Even getting the $6 DVDs is a chore at every CC i've been to. As shocking as it is, the floor staff actually may be more clueless than the average BB employee (and that's hard to do, considering they can't spell the words "beer" and "league" to look up a dvd...). But then again, there's nothing that I like to do more than argue with a CSA at BB customer service over a price match, or have to go down the road to argue with a cashier and manager at CC to get the price they have in their own fuckin' ad...:bomb: It's a 50-50 shot that the BB CSA will argue, but a 100% chance that it won't ring up right at CC anyways...It's a sad state of affairs in b&m retail, isn't it?

Not sure what all the hoopla is about, online stock didn't show right, so I went in store and picked one up. Plenty left in Roseville, MN.

this game is awesome!!! picked it up this morning. I went in the store and got worried cause their were no copies on the floor so I asked a rep and he just got one from the back. I don't think they want to sell these things, they just want to advertise them on their frontpages to attract potential shoppers, hell they're probably losing money for selling it this cheap

I bought Call of Duty 4 Limited Edition at BB for $69.99 + tax yesterday. I got the CC ad today and priced matched it at BB for 110%. Total was $36.99 for COD 4 Limited Edition.

On the receipt, it doesn't say whether it's limited or regular. It only has the price. YMMV.

Edit: Oh yea.

Also picked up Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Game of the Year Edition) for $59.99 at BB. It's on sale at CC for $22.49. Same deal as the limited COD4. Again, YMMV.

My area CC is worthless. Everytime one of these deals pop up all of the items are nowhere to be found. Like this deal. During the orange box deal for the pc they didn't have it in stock either and it was like two days after release. i tried to do a price match at BB, waited in their customer line forever to only get rejected bc they won't pricematch unless their competitors carries at least three copies or more.

I'm going to buy the e3c+cod4+mass effect, which equals= $189. I got a 40 off 200 coupon...anyone know a good filler for 10 bucks?

[quote name='saiyajinsc']My area CC is worthless. Everytime one of these deals pop up all of the items are nowhere to be found. Like this deal. During the orange box deal for the pc they didn't have it in stock either and it was like two days after release. i tried to do a price match at BB, waited in their customer line forever to only get rejected bc they won't pricematch unless their competitors carries at least three copies or more.[/quote]

They make rules as they go along you just have to try another one, if you run into a petty ahole then they will be like this. It happened to me today, the guy was not going to price match because he did not want to do the work, he was a lazy tard manager. He made up BS excuses which I shot down, first he says they don't have it in stock, I tell him CC is screwed up they do have it call, then he tries to pull the old its not within 15 miles of Our store I'm not going to do it. He was a real bastard. So I just drove 10minutes up the road where the cheery non ahole lady was glad to do it for me. Thank god Best Buy has about a million stores all within 1/2 hour of each other here, I'm serious I could easily go to 10 or 15 best buys in half an hour around here. Anyway yeah just try again at a different store or go in when that person is not there and odds are you will get price matched. There is always some petty ahole who thinks he's saving the store lol. Just avoid any employee at these types of places who has that I'm so important look on his/her face, because usually they are the most worthless when it comes to doing anything for you avoid Cashiers managers, they tend to petty go to CS they are much nicer 99% of the time.

[quote name='yesitsreallyjosh']guys....is it possible i could buy CoD 4 then go and exchange it and wal-mart for halo 3?!?!?[/quote]

Indeed it is

I was able to get a copy at the Union City CC today, and so were a bunch of others. Online CC stock checking stinks.

[quote name='rly723']WTF i checked online and NO Bay Area stores have this game in stock. how accurate is checking stock online? i hope they restock by the end of this week

Daly City
Approx: 1 miles 303 Gellert Boulevard, Daly City, CA 94015 Details & directions
Not currently available
Van Ness
Approx: 7 miles 1200 Van Ness Avenue 1st Floor, San Francisco, CA 94109 Details & directions
Not currently available
San Mateo
Approx: 13 miles 1880 South Grant Street, San Mateo, CA 94402 Details & directions
Not currently available
Emeryville
Approx: 14 miles 5795 Christie Avenue, Emeryville, CA 94608 Details & directions
Not currently available
San Rafael
Approx: 19 miles 330 Bellam Boulevard, San Rafael, CA 94901 Details & directions
Not currently available
Hilltop
Approx: 22 miles 4100 Klose Way, Richmond, CA 94806 Details & directions
Not currently available
Hayward
Approx: 23 miles 2480 Whipple Road, Hayward, CA 94544 Details & directions
Not currently available
Palo Alto
Approx: 24 miles 1731 East Bayshore Road, Palo Alto, CA 94303 Details & directions
Not currently available
Dublin
Approx: 30 miles 7153 Amador Plaza Road, Dublin, CA 94568 Details & directions
Not currently available
Fremont
Approx: 30 miles 43706 Christy Street, Fremont, CA 94538 Details & directions
Not currently available[/QUOTE]

[quote name='asif5th']Indeed it is[/QUOTE]
Attention, bag of ass.

It's called return fraud. Not a good idea, and not something we approve of.

[quote name='oofrost']I bought Call of Duty 4 Limited Edition at BB for $69.99 + tax yesterday. I got the CC ad today and priced matched it at BB for 110%. Total was $36.99 for COD 4 Limited Edition.

On the receipt, it doesn't say whether it's limited or regular. It only has the price. YMMV.

Edit: Oh yea.

Also picked up Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Game of the Year Edition) for $59.99 at BB. It's on sale at CC for $22.49. Same deal as the limited COD4. Again, YMMV.[/QUOTE]
Holy. Shit. I'm going to have to try that. Especially for Elder Scrolls.

Pricematched at BB with $10 RZ. Took 10-15 minutes, cashier called CC (nobody answered), talked to manager, called CC and asked about stock, and then got the manager to override.

Game is OK, I'm immune to the hype that everyone seems to have for this game. Feels like CS:Source, cept you don't shoot from the hip & grenades are more explosive. Obviously haven't gotten all of the secret moves.

That move where the guy can shoot you after he's on the floor is lame. Get's me everytime :). Hope I can do that to newbies like myself later.

Price matched @ BB Hawthorne was a breeze, showed the girl my receipt and right away got $23.82 back in my pocket. It's best to go when the people behind the counter look like they're about to kick the bucket.

Okay here's a little info for anyone using the store locater to try and find a media item like COD4 at their local CC...

They do not link their media stock (DVD's and video games) with their store locater so ALL DVD's AND VIDEO GAMES WILL SAY OUT OF STOCK AT ALL LOCATIONS. They don't do in-store pick-up for any media items (all media items ordered online must be shipped to you) so they will automatically list them all as "not available for in-store pick-up". The only way to check to see if media items are in stock is to either call the store directly or to just show up and look for yourself.

It sucks but that's how thier system works.

Hope that helps!

I went in today and did a price adjustment. This COD4 has been a great deal for me. $39.99 plus tax for COD4, COD3, Spider-man FoF, PGR4 and a Gamer's club card. Deal of the year for me.

Make sure you ask an employee to get you the game, most CC's have all their new games locked up or behind the customer service counter.

just curious, do many of you not have places in your area that do PM? Sears or BB at least? If you can't get it from CC or online, should do a PM, I don't have a CC in my area but have a BB where I was able to PM. Just go to CC site to get a copy of your local ad to print..

[quote name='aznguyen316']just curious, do many of you not have places in your area that do PM? Sears or BB at least? If you can't get it from CC or online, should do a PM, I don't have a CC in my area but have a BB where I was able to PM. Just go to CC site to get a copy of your local ad to print..[/quote]
I have an online coupon to use

Just got back from my local CC in N. Las Vegas off Tropical, they still had 20-30 copies of CoD4 for 360 in stock behimd cust service desk, FYI

My CC of course didn't have any but Wal*Mart price matched it. If you didn't get an ad in the paper (like me) just hit the store and there will probably be an ad near the door. Snag the ad, walk out, and go price match.

Hey, does this coupon ONLY work for the 360 version or did some of you guys get it to work for the PS3 version. Because in the ad it shows the 360 version, and nothing about the PS3.

Got it this evening... There were tons left at the Boca Raton store... unfortunately(or I guess fortunately :cool: ) spent the $20 I saved on the 4gb Memory Stick pro-duo...

wallet is starting to cry, and I haven't even started holiday shopping

I picked up COD4 last week at BB and today they adjusted my receipt down to $37.99. They had to call over to CC and luckily they still had it in stock.

Does this coupon ONLY work for the 360 version or did some of you guys get it to work for the PS3 version. Because in the ad it shows the 360 version, and nothing about the PS3.

Stopped by the CC near me and they had the same number of copies available as they had store employees who were actually manning cash registers... ZERO :)

Damn. They wouldn't give me 110%. They said it would only apply if I bought the item previously at Best Buy, then brought in the sales ad and pricematched.
But, I did get the GotY edition of Oblivious for 22.49. Not bad.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Damn. They wouldn't give me 110%. They said it would only apply if I bought the item previously at Best Buy, then brought in the sales ad and pricematched.
But, I did get the GotY edition of Oblivious for 22.49. Not bad.[/quote]

oh nice the GOTY was for $23? I was thinking the Platinum collection.. or did you just bring up the GoTY and they PM'd it no probs? If so I might try this =)

My BB only does 110% like you described.. so yeah hah shoulda bought it before and then PM it later

Lmao..

I went to CC today to pick up RE chronicles and Fire emblem and a points card for the WIi..

Some kid was there showing the AD about cc's COD 4 for 39.99. They were running around the video game department for ten minutes looking for it.

The kid ended up getting really pissed and left.

I went to go checkout.. and i overheard the clerk and the guy helping the kid talk about how they were under the CS desk the entire time..

Sad.. I saw the kid grab the ad, probably went to best buy.

bread's done
Back